2. Georgia - Well, it's been a fine season for the Athenians. An 11-1 final record, second consecutive SEC East division crown, and a return trip to the Georgia Dome in store to be the sacrificial lamb for the Crimson Tide. There remains an outside shot that the Bulldogs could be a fly in the ointment for Saban and company, but such fantastical notions are not entertained around here. Georgia's season is effectively already over. Next week is just a courtesy appearance. Right?
3. Florida - After stumbling through most of November looking destined to lose in Tallahassee, the Gators put on a great performance to complete their 11-1 season, primed for a Sugar Bowl appearance. It hasn't been pretty, but the defense as gotten it done all year long and they did it again last night.
4. South Carolina - Despite being without Connor Shaw, and without Marcus Lattimore, the Cocks put a convincing beating on #11 Clemson in Death Valley to cap a season that fell short of their goals but still put an exclamation point on the statement of SEC strength.
5. Texas A&M - Another week, another highlight reel for Johnny Football. After a scare early in the game, Manziel came back out to lead yet another prolific offensive attack against fellow conference newcomer Missouri in a big win to cap an outstanding first season in the SEC.
6. LSU - A surprisingly narrow victory at Arkansas to end the season... of course the Tigers have not won too many games this year convincingly. This is a solid football team but just not dominant enough on any one side of the ball to live up to pre-season expectations. Still, the fact that they can be sixth in the SEC power rankings and top 10 in the national rankings, tells you all you need to know about the SEC as a whole.
7. Vanderbilt - In a continuing trend of making the statement on SEC dominance, the Commodores absolutely obliterated Wake Forest to put an exclamation point on an 8-4 season, respectable for any team, let alone Vanderbilt.
8. Ole Miss - The Rebels have been so close to winning a few big games this year it must drive their fans absolutely mad. But they finally got one that mattered a lot to them in their Egg Bowl victory, earning bowl eligibility in the process.
9. Mississippi State - 8-4 isn't a bad season, but it must feel a little disappointing to MSU fans after the start they got off to this season, winning seven straight and being ranked in the top 15. The most stinging defeat though had to be this last one to rival Ole Miss.
10. Missouri - Not the season that Missouri fans hoped for, but there are better days ahead if the Tigers can take advantage of the SEC for a recruiting boost.
11. Tennessee - Vol fans are probably more excited now than they've been all season, as they look for a new coach.
12. Arkansas - Same applies here
13. Auburn - Maybe here
14. Kentucky - and definitely here
Click here to view the article
Edited by HobnailedBoots, 25 November 2012 - 12:44 PM.