Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2012 SEC Championship Game: Alabama vs. Georgia

* * * * * 2 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

Poll: SECCG: Alabama vs. Georgia (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Who WIll Win?

1. Alabama (44 votes [62.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.86%

2. Georgia (26 votes [37.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

DavidTD

DavidTD
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bama will be the favorite and deservingly so IMO.  You really can't find a weakness.  Solid offense, defense, special teams, and they don't beat themselves with penalties.

I think our OL will be key.  Both South Carolina and Florida managed to take advantage.  The line has improved  between Carolina and Florida, and hopefully have improved more still.  They will need to hold their own if we expect a win.  If the OL can produce, this will be a great game.

I don't do scores, but I think Georgia can win, but odds say they will not.
Georgia Bulldogs

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostM2J, on 25 November 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

LSU and TAMU surprised us a bit with their balance for stretches,  Aggies in the first half (mostly 1st quarter) and LSU in the second half.   LSU suddenly found an aggressive and accurate passing attack, and the ability to protect Zach,  while also moving the ball on the ground, and Zach made some killer dimes on 3rd down to keep drives going.   The Aggies had the quadruple threat of the hurry up attack, quick passing with a great passer, rushing attack, and the scrambling QB....took a bit to figure out.  

What, no respect for the A&M defense that managed to give AJ his first two picks of the year?  Yes, 'Bama did was 'Bama dos and rolled for a few TDs to make it a very good game, but starting would 3 & out, Pick, 3 & out is what set them on their heels and got them to abandon the run.  It didn't help that we were putting 12 players and the Yell Leaders in the box to stop the run.

If Alabama gets their run game going, it could be a long game for Georgia.  I picked Georgia, just to see a different team in the NC game.

Edited by Flea, 25 November 2012 - 11:21 AM.

M2J

M2J
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 25 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

What, no respect for the A&M defense that managed to give AJ his first two picks of the year?  Yes, 'Bama did was 'Bama dos and rolled for a few TDs to make it a very good game, but starting would 3 & out, Pick, 3 & out is what set them on their heels and got them to abandon the run.  It didn't help that we were putting 12 players and the Yell Leaders in the box to stop the run.

If Alabama gets their run game going, it could be a long game for Georgia.  I picked Georgia, just to see a different team in the NC game.

They never should've abandoned the run.   They'd established the run vs A&M.   They wanted to establish the pass.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePVG FTMFW still  ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

On the contrary, the run game was the exact reason why we got back into the game against A&M. We didn't abandon the run in the 2nd quarter and was able to get some momentum going into the half. In the 3rd quarter, after forcing a 3 and out, we come out and pass the ball. When we tried to pass we were basically giving A&M the momentum again. The plan was to limit Manziel and co of time of possession. Then we go 3 and out passing the ball. Head scratcher.

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
About halfway through the 3rd, we started packing the box to stop the run, and started to slow it down.  We didn't completely stop it, but we did make it less effective.

StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If we don't get some pressure while rushing 4, we WILL lose this game.

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This game comes down to Murray........ if he plays a game like he did against UF or anything resembling that.... we lose big. If he has an average night but doesn't turn the ball over we keep it close.

Which Murray will show up....... therein lies the answer to the winner of the game

CrimsonWarrior

CrimsonWarrior

Auburn sucks

• Members
  • PipPipPip
    Currently in Tuscaloosa, AL/Forever in Chatt, TN
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If we pressure Murray, we win. If we don't, we have a good chance of losing. Simple.
Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well, this is it.  Richt's do-or-die moment.  It hit me after the South Carolina game that this program at some point had lost the ability to put together a complete game when it mattered and that he's really out of excuses.  Some will point to the WLOCP as a big win...it was, but remember that the QB play was horrendous with the exception of one drive.  

But now is his chance.  It's been a long time since UGA has controlled its own destiny late in the season.  I won't be nearly as frustrated if we play a good, complete game and show up prepared...we could do that and still lose to this very good Bama team.  But we cannot show up and shit the bed like we've seen happen so many times.  I'm rootin' for Richt.  Go Dawgs!
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not sure how to feel about this game.  I think that Georgia will beat Alabama, to then lose against ND.
Posted Image

adfalcon

adfalcon

OMAHA

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 26 November 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Not sure how to feel about this game.  I think that Georgia will beat Alabama, to then lose against ND.
IMO either of these teams would beat the crap out of ND
Posted Image

BulldawgFan, on 18 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

What makes you think Bama is head and toes above MSU?
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postadfalcon, on 26 November 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

IMO either of these teams would beat the crap out of ND

Yeah, I can see how that is true.  If that is the case, then I'm not sure what is worse: Alabama winning another national championship or Georgia winning a national championship.
Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The Aggies won because they challenged Bama's short passing game and Alabama did not go deep often enough.  Aggie played close to the LOS and was vulnerable deep.  We only threw deep late.  The first pick was because of a good hit across the middle jarring the ball loose, the second was because of a missed assignment by a freshman WR.  We gave the Aggies all due respect.  Enjoy your cotton bowl.

Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If we didn't have the Sugar Bowl to look forward to, the SEC and national championships would be unbearable.

UGA played poorly against the two best teams they've played, and that's the only hope I have.

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 26 November 2012 - 10:45 AM, said:

If we didn't have the Sugar Bowl to look forward to, the SEC and national championships would be unbearable.

UGA played poorly against the two best teams they've played, and that's the only hope I have.

You know your secretly hoping UGA wins Joe.