2012 SEC Championship Game: Alabama vs. Georgia - Page 2 - Official Game Threads - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

2012 SEC Championship Game: Alabama vs. Georgia

* * * * * 2 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
236 replies to this topic

Poll: SECCG: Alabama vs. Georgia (70 member(s) have cast votes)

Who WIll Win?

1. Alabama (44 votes [62.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.86%

2. Georgia (26 votes [37.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

M2J

M2J
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well I've thought this would be the game of the year all year (except a couple of weeks after the UGA/USC blowout).  

Georgia IMO has an elite defense and offense, that are both somewhat inconsistent at times.

Bama's performance all year has been more consistent than Georgia's, including in our loss. And our schedule has us better prepared for this moment.

IMO this game comes down to the very thing that all of our close games come down to.  If we can establish tempo and move the chains offensively, allowing our defense to rest and make adjustments.

LSU and TAMU surprised us a bit with their balance for stretches,  Aggies in the first half (mostly 1st quarter) and LSU in the second half.   LSU suddenly found an aggressive and accurate passing attack, and the ability to protect Zach,  while also moving the ball on the ground, and Zach made some killer dimes on 3rd down to keep drives going.   The Aggies had the quadruple threat of the hurry up attack, quick passing with a great passer, rushing attack, and the scrambling QB....took a bit to figure out.  

During these stretches our offense was consistently going 3 and out, and giving the ball back.  In large because it seems our coaches tried to force balance down everyone's throat instead of just going with what works.   They've gotten away from establishing the run during those stretches.    Defenses were in large disguising selling out on the run, and fall back to defend the pass.

I'd say Coach Nuss needs to have his finger on the pulse of the game a bit better in those situations.

Our secondary doesn't scare me much.    They still don't really give up big plays, and are usually in position forcing tough throws.   Pass rush has to do more affecting accuracy and time in the pocket.  But, I think it's advantage Bama if Georgia looks at the last 2 games vs big time opponents and think they're going to come out and toss the ball around all game.   -
Posted ImagePosted ImagePVG FTMFW still  ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›

Yellow

Yellow

Dood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 25 November 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Here's the thing : Georgia is the best team Bama has faced all season, and the most balanced. Bama has shown a weakness in the secondary to a passer who can exploit it, and Aaron Murray, the national leader in passing efficiency, would seem to qualify as a candidate to do that. If Murray shows up with his mind right - Georgia wins this game. If he shows up nervous and hesitant, Bama rolls. Its that simple.

No. Texas AM is the best team, followed by LSU.

Roll Todd!

Bama 35 - UGA 17

Formerly known as cocky87

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A few balls get thrown on bama and all of a sudden it's a weakness..

I'll admit, we can finally settle the petty argument of "best QB" by seeing them in the same game and that is what is making me smile

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The running game is going to be the difference and I think we have a bit of an adge and with AJ taking care of the ball we win by 10
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
None of that matters.  Georgia plays a sloppy game and Bama is fundamentally sound.  27-13 Bama.

Posted Image

chunkybeefstu

chunkybeefstu
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I really like Jarvis Jones, but I don't see 'Bama losing this game... I think UGA makes more mistakes and Bama pulls out a close one 28-21.
GO TIGERS!

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Here's the thing : Georgia is the best team Bama has faced all season, and the most balanced. Bama has shown a weakness in the secondary to a passer who can exploit it, and Aaron Murray, the national leader in passing efficiency, would seem to qualify as a candidate to do that. If Murray shows up with his mind right - Georgia wins this game. If he shows up nervous and hesitant, Bama rolls. Its that simple.
Good news that Bama is the best and most balanced team that UGA has faced too.
Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

As you can see, I'm a lot happier!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think this one will be close....  Closer than any Bammer would want...

Alabama 28
Georgia 24

Edited by Neo, 25 November 2012 - 09:57 AM.

Posted Image

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

Coqui

Coqui

Worst Poster 2013

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't pretend to know a whole hell of a lot these days, but I do think this will be a pretty close game.

34-17 | 29-7 | 34-13 | 27-17 | 31-17

The Homies said "Hov, it aint many of us"

I told 'em "Less is more, n*****s, its plenty of us"

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCoqui, on 25 November 2012 - 09:57 AM, said:

I don't pretend to know a whole hell of a lot these days, but I do think this will be a pretty close game.

UF and the rest of the conference would like to thank you for knocking Clemson out of the Sugar Bowl....
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

MCD

MCD

His initials are Boyd Crowder

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Can we all agree not to teabag anyone in the streets?
Posted Image

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

I have developed a lot of respect for UGA after their beating of Georgia Tech, but they still may not be the best team that Bama has played this year.  That was probably LSU, from which Bama barely escaped with a win.  However, I do see UGA with a chance against Bama, be it ever so slim.  The Bulldogs are well balanced, have two outstanding running backs, and a smart, excellent passer.  Bama is vulnerable to such balance.  Their secondary is suspect to quick, short passes.  UGA could exploit Bama in this regard.  Coaching, though, is rather suspect for UGA; they can't math the Saban crew.  It should be a better game than we originally expected; perhaps not a Bama execution.

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

DavidTD

DavidTD
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bama will be the favorite and deservingly so IMO.  You really can't find a weakness.  Solid offense, defense, special teams, and they don't beat themselves with penalties.

I think our OL will be key.  Both South Carolina and Florida managed to take advantage.  The line has improved  between Carolina and Florida, and hopefully have improved more still.  They will need to hold their own if we expect a win.  If the OL can produce, this will be a great game.

I don't do scores, but I think Georgia can win, but odds say they will not.
Georgia Bulldogs

Flea

Flea
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostM2J, on 25 November 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

LSU and TAMU surprised us a bit with their balance for stretches,  Aggies in the first half (mostly 1st quarter) and LSU in the second half.   LSU suddenly found an aggressive and accurate passing attack, and the ability to protect Zach,  while also moving the ball on the ground, and Zach made some killer dimes on 3rd down to keep drives going.   The Aggies had the quadruple threat of the hurry up attack, quick passing with a great passer, rushing attack, and the scrambling QB....took a bit to figure out.  

What, no respect for the A&M defense that managed to give AJ his first two picks of the year?  Yes, 'Bama did was 'Bama dos and rolled for a few TDs to make it a very good game, but starting would 3 & out, Pick, 3 & out is what set them on their heels and got them to abandon the run.  It didn't help that we were putting 12 players and the Yell Leaders in the box to stop the run.

If Alabama gets their run game going, it could be a long game for Georgia.  I picked Georgia, just to see a different team in the NC game.

Edited by Flea, 25 November 2012 - 11:21 AM.

M2J

M2J
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFlea, on 25 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

What, no respect for the A&M defense that managed to give AJ his first two picks of the year?  Yes, 'Bama did was 'Bama dos and rolled for a few TDs to make it a very good game, but starting would 3 & out, Pick, 3 & out is what set them on their heels and got them to abandon the run.  It didn't help that we were putting 12 players and the Yell Leaders in the box to stop the run.

If Alabama gets their run game going, it could be a long game for Georgia.  I picked Georgia, just to see a different team in the NC game.

They never should've abandoned the run.   They'd established the run vs A&M.   They wanted to establish the pass.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePVG FTMFW still  ‹^› ‹(•¿•)› ‹^›