Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


TRB Picks the SEC Championship Game

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
49 replies to this topic

#46
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

View Postrazorhead, on 28 November 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

Not me



I'll say this.  Bama is beatable, just not by UGA.  If Murray was a more mobile QB like Manzeil I'd give them the nod.

Or Mettenberger? Mobile like him? Murray IS mobile. Running him around just isn't a part of our game plan.

Quote

UGA's defense will have to play lights out.  They couldn't handle SC and I doubt they can handle Bama in the running game.

I could just say the same thing about that which you said about us - Shaw is a mobile QB. McCarron is not.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 28 November 2012 - 11:17 AM.


#47
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,915
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,546

View Postrazorhead, on 28 November 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

Not me



I'll say this.  Bama is beatable, just not by UGA.  If Murray was a more mobile QB like Manzeil I'd give them the nod.  UGA's defense will have to play lights out.  They couldn't handle SC and I doubt they can handle Bama in the running game.

It would be funny if UGA won the BCSNC this year.  SC fans heads would explode.

Murray is actually very mobile. Watch some of his freshman highlights. The problem is the coaches don't like him running due to lack of depth behind him.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#48
razorhead

razorhead

    The Devil You Know

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,179
  • Joined:
    Aug 2005
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,010

View PostTheRealBrave, on 28 November 2012 - 12:01 PM, said:

Murray is actually very mobile. Watch some of his freshman highlights. The problem is the coaches don't like him running due to lack of depth behind him.

That may be, but he ain't Johnny Manzeil mobile.  He ain't even Denard Robinson mobile, and we see how that worked out.  I imagine Saban will have his defense ready for this one.  I hope it's a good game and IDGAF who wins really.  Although the thought of Paradox throwing the remote through his TV does intrigue me.

Posted Image


#49
TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,915
  • Joined:
    Nov 2008
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,546

View Postrazorhead, on 28 November 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

That may be, but he ain't Johnny Manzeil mobile.  He ain't even Denard Robinson mobile, and we see how that worked out.  I imagine Saban will have his defense ready for this one.  I hope it's a good game and IDGAF who wins really.  Although the thought of Paradox throwing the remote through his TV does intrigue me.

I hope we can win. I have my doubts though...
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

#50
ElephanTideis

ElephanTideis
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    6,626
  • Joined:
    Sep 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,143

View PostTheRealBrave, on 28 November 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

I hope we can win. I have my doubts though...
I don't know how good this Alabama team is anymore. Same goes for UGA. We're gonna find out a lot about both teams saturday.