Weird Day - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Weird Day

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This afternoon my dog barfed up all the food she had ate in the morning.  No big deal it happens, I put her in the back yard and get the carpet cleaner stuff when I look out the window and notice she is staggering around.  So I go outside and try to coax her to walk to me, she just stares at me.  So I pick her up and put her in my car to go to the vet.  Whole ride she lays with her head on the seat, not looking out the window, not like her.  We get to the vet and all of a sudden she is fine.  She sees another dog and jumps up to bark at him.  She bounces back and forth in the back of the car.

So I guess she just wasn't feeling great but seems over it so I take her across the street to a park to see if she is acting ok before paying $500 for tests on a dog that now seems doesn't need it.  We walk around the walking trail and she is fine.  So we head back home.  As we are leaving the park I see 3 teenagers playing in the road, one is laying in the road.  As I get closer I notice he is convulsing.  So I stop and help, I wave down another car turns out the driver is a nurse.  I try and help by directing traffic around the poor kid until the ambulance gets there.

Make it home and dog seems fine the rest of the night.  

I'm sure the kid would've been fine if I hadn't been there but it is still weird that the only reason I was there was because my dog seemingly was seriously ill but completely fine 10 minutes later.

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
dont know about the kid (glad he was ok) but about the dog, more than likely, it was something she ate before the food...could be a stroke or seizure but it could be something she ate...

in all seriousness, is your dog an outside dog??...could she have eaten something bad like rotten food??...if not and you weren't around prior to the acting weird, it could have been a seizure or stroke and thats when there is a problem...my previous dog (love of my life for 14 yrs ha), one day she threw up in the kitchen and was feeling bad then she was leaning on the wall in the kitchen and couldnt make it up the stairs to my room like usual...a while later she was completely fine...well, after the 3rd seizure, she had to be put down and that was within a few months...not trying to freak you out but definitely keep an eye on her cause if it happens again, its not good...

Posted Image

GTHOM

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcarwwest, on 21 November 2012 - 11:58 PM, said:

dont know about the kid (glad he was ok) but about the dog, more than likely, it was something she ate before the food...could be a stroke or seizure but it could be something she ate...

in all seriousness, is your dog an outside dog??...could she have eaten something bad like rotten food??...if not and you weren't around prior to the acting weird, it could have been a seizure or stroke and thats when there is a problem...my previous dog (love of my life for 14 yrs ha), one day she threw up in the kitchen and was feeling bad then she was leaning on the wall in the kitchen and couldnt make it up the stairs to my room like usual...a while later she was completely fine...well, after the 3rd seizure, she had to be put down and that was within a few months...not trying to freak you out but definitely keep an eye on her cause if it happens again, its not good...

She stays inside unless we are gone for a several hours that I don't want to crate her for.  Since my wife is on maternity leave she pretty much indoors all the time right now.  Today I took off from work and she had been with me all day so I don't think she got into anything.  I'll keep an eye out on her though.

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'll be saying a prayer for your dog. Glad to hear the kid was okay :)  !!!!
Posted Image

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMatt, on 22 November 2012 - 12:27 AM, said:

She stays inside unless we are gone for a several hours that I don't want to crate her for.  Since my wife is on maternity leave she pretty much indoors all the time right now.  Today I took off from work and she had been with me all day so I don't think she got into anything.  I'll keep an eye out on her though.
sometimes, it doesnt take much to mess with their system...my aunt is a vet and i have been around her for over 20 years...if she gets lethargic, and cant keep food down, its more likely some type of virus...if she is fine, doesnt get into anything, and it happens again, take her to the vet immediately...the staggering is the big indication so just keep an eye out...

Posted Image

GTHOM

TrueGCFan

TrueGCFan

Na-Nu Na-Nu

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Prayers for your dog man. Oh and I dont believe in coincidence.  Who knows if you hadnt been there that nurse may not have seen what was going on and the kids may not have flagged her down.  Good job.  Many people would have just drove on by.

2012 SECTalk Bookie Champion

2011 SECTalk Fantasy Football League Champion

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the American soldier. One for your soul, the other for your freedom -author unknown.

Posted Image