2. Alabama - The Tide still need one more win to lock up their berth in Atlanta. They'll go against Auburn in the annual Iron Bowl match-up. No reason to think the Tigers will be an upset candidate here, AU looks to be mailing it in the rest of the way. Barring the unimaginable, Alabama will win the West and face Georgia for the SEC championship, and a ticket to the BCS National Championship game.
3. Florida - finally beat a cupcake convincingly. At least, without needing a last second punt return anyway. The Gators have stumbled their way through November undefeated, and while not looking pretty, are the highest-ranked SEC team that won't be in the title game, so they stand the best chance of making a BCS bowl game outside of Bama and Georgia. That is, if they can muster a win against FSU this weekend.
4. LSU - was challenged at home by an Ole Miss team that continues to impress despite and unimpressive record, and came out victorious. LSU hasn't won many games convincingly this year since early September, but they're done enough to stay in the top 10.
5. Texas A&M - Playing for Johnny Manziel's heisman campaign at this point. It's been a heck of a first season for the Aggies in the big bad SEC, and they'll wrap it up with a game against the other conference newcomer, Missouri, which hasn't had a great first season.
6. South Carolina - Very disconcerting showing against Wofford. Will need much, much more against Clemson to keep the streak over their in-state rivals alive.
7. Mississippi State - Finally ended the 3-game losing streak with an impressive victory over Arkansas. The Bullydogs can end the season on a high note with a victory over Ole Miss.
8. Vanderbilt - The Dores have put together a great little season. Bowl eligible again and 5-3 in conference play, their only losses coming to the three Eastern big dogs. The Dores put a whipping on in-state rival Tennessee to really cap it off.
9. Ole Miss - Same story for the Rebels, good, just not enough. Disappointing loss at LSU that it looked like the Rebs should have won. Next year should be interesting to watch for this team though.
10. Missouri - You want to talk about blowing it? How about giving up three touchdowns in the fourth quarter to a Big East squad?
11. Arkansas - Not much more to say about this team
12. Tennessee - Ugly, ugly, ugly. Not the way Derek Dooley wanted to end his career at UT.
13. Auburn - Will they follow suit with the other schools in the bottom four and fire the HC?
14. Kentucky - ... at least basketball season is here
Click here to view the article
Edited by HobnailedBoots, 18 November 2012 - 04:40 PM.