Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

thoughts on the arky game.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What we need is outside speed for Russell. that is why he gets sacked so much, it is no fault of his. We only get open after double moves and outside throws. If we can get some outside speed we could get bigger passing plays and more quick hitters. bumphis and lewis are our fastest receivers and neither are very fast.

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
yeah i know perkins caught the TD passes and i didn't really think about them because of the wheel routes but i just meant more short yardage/designed stuff i guess with him cause he is one of our more explosive players...i think we ran one screen with him and we rolled to his side bringing over defenders, didnt really understand the play...but i agree that it has been a great offense by our standards but i just feel like johnson and johnson both merit more touches than 1-2 a game...

i did have another thought as i was watching heavens on the field...is ricco sanders still on the team??...havent seen him all year...

Posted Image

GTHOM

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Our potential is maxed our right now because we don't really have elite speed.

Our offense, and routes, are designed to work with what we have.  Perk is close to that at RB, but at WR, we just have to be solid until we recruit better skill.

JDawg

JDawg

Captain Cowbell

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBatesvilleBaron, on 19 November 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

Our offense, and routes, are designed to work with what we have.  Perk is close to that at RB, but at WR, we just have to be solid until we recruit better skill.

Supposedly Christie and Austin, the 2 6'4" WRs committed, are pretty fleet on their feet.   Lets hope so.

FIRE EVERYONE

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They seem to be quick.  We know they are huge.  

Hopefully they are smart enough to get some PT as freshmen.

I'm not worried about Lewis. Morrow and ROJO will be ok, I dunno who else we have

msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

Full blown homer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Basically our season in a nutshell...we get TO's, we win.

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Yes there are issues, but enjoy having 8 wins under our belt.  We are in a great place this week.

Think about 3 years ago and enjoy being a fan while we are winning.

msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

Full blown homer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDawg, on 19 November 2012 - 11:36 AM, said:

Supposedly Christie and Austin, the 2 6'4" WRs committed, are pretty fleet on their feet.   Lets hope so.
I think Morrow will be a threat next year...he just needed time to adjust to big time football.  I think state fans expected him to just come in this season and go AJ green on everyone.

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It will be tough replacing our 3 best guys, but we need guys, who by natural ability can be better, to get reps to make plays.

Rumph is our biggest recruit left IMFHO.

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postmsubulldogfan1, on 19 November 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

I think Morrow will be a threat next year...he just needed time to adjust to big time football.  I think state fans expected him to just come in this season and go AJ green on everyone.

I'm more worried about his inability to catch footballs

msubulldogfan1

msubulldogfan1

Full blown homer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBatesvilleBaron, on 19 November 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

I'm more worried about his inability to catch footballs
That will come though...guys can get better at catching footballs, you cant teach his size.  Jameon lewis will be good.  TR will make it work.

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBatesvilleBaron, on 19 November 2012 - 11:33 AM, said:

i dont necessarily agree with this...our routes dont take advantage of much of anything...having our shortest WR's run corner fades, running 4 guys run the same depth routes 25 yards down field is definitely not taking advantage of our WR's skills, i agree that chris smith is good at the comeback but thats not good enough for me...

i do think we are getting better at the skill positions though...at least raising the floor...

Posted Image

GTHOM

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
our routs could be a tad better, but we are milking some production out of some average wr's.  i think that it is a speed issue though....we need length and speed.  i would say its a 40% coaching, 60% talent problem.  still, we are doing things in starkville offensively that have never been done before.