Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

PACK YOUR BAGS AND GET OUT OF TOWN, YOU CLOWNS!!!

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

Rugs

Rugs

Ghostin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postmadnaz, on 25 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

Who's idea was it to go for it on 4th in the second quarter? I know Devon Bell's not that bad.

And to call that stupid jump pass, no less? If you wanna go for it with Dak, have the big guy plow for that yard. But... that?

That was one of the more baffling moments to me

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRugs, on 25 November 2012 - 01:34 PM, said:

I dunno. I think part of that is that Tyler isn't really a QB to run the option that Mullen likes, so the offense has been adjusted to suit him. I'm sure we'll get more back to Mullen's spread option roots when it's Dak's time to take the reigns.

And I'm not ready to say it's time to get rid of Mullen at all. If we keep losing momentum and we're in danger of really losing everything we've built up, then sure, but right now, I think we've just hit a bump in the road. Building a program like MSU up into something more isn't going to happen overnight, and it's not gonna come without some heartache like we got last night. At least that's what I think anyway. If he moves on, I'm sure we can find someone to step in and keep improving on the foundation he's laid.

Mullen definitely needs to make some changes in the offseason, though. Wilson needs to go. Wouldn't be upset if Koenig went with him. Need someone that's aggressive and fiery like Mullen can be--and like Brewster is--especially on defense. This soft crap from our D all year has driven me crazy.

But I think the offseason will tell us a little bit about Mullen, if he decides to make some changes or not. I still think he can be great for us, but that fire's gotta come back. I've said before, I'm not as longtime a MSU fan as a lot of you, since I really didn't start keeping up intensely until I got to school, which was Mullen's first year. I've seen us get blasted and beat before because we couldn't compete, but I've never seen us just lay down and take it. We did several times this year, and capped the season off by doing it for our rival. That has to end.

Your first paragraph makes no sense to me. They ran a pass oriented spread at utah so mullen should know how to make it work with tr.

Rugs

Rugs

Ghostin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
SOMETIMES I SAY STUPID THINGS

My fault. I forget things.

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRugs, on 25 November 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

SOMETIMES I SAY STUPID THINGS

My fault. I forget things.

Not stupid at all. Just pointing out another issue with our coaching. Why are we not playing a pass version of the spread.