If I were to make an educated guess right now - Page 4 - Auburn Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 4

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

If I were to make an educated guess right now

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeil Caudle is Superman, on 21 November 2012 - 03:47 PM, said:

Phillip Marshall, respected journalist of Auburn Undercover has said countless times that Jimbo is at least interested.

And let's say we're willing to go $6 million a year, not including bonuses or incentives, which would effectively make our coach the highest paid coach as Saban makes around $5.5 million before incentives/bonuses. How many coaches can you name that would be a bigger-name hire than Jimbo with at least the experience and success that he has that would have any chance of being interested in coming to Auburn, i.e. not guys like Saban or Spurrier who are highly improbable to want to go anywhere?

Dude, I'm not arguing with you. We aren't even disagreeing THAT much. You are just hellbent on Fisher being your next coach for some unknown reason.
Jimbo is vastly overrated by people like yourself who haven't been watching their games and don't know very much about the goings-on at F$U.

I think he is better than most D1 coaches out there, but you already know what you are getting with him and it's not a Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Pete Carrol, or even a Bob Stoops.

My point is that Auburn is a Top20 job without a doubt, and should do whatever it can to land a Top20 coach.
Jimbo is on the fringe and a weird reach.

Edited by JoeGator, 21 November 2012 - 03:55 PM.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman

More than 200 rushing yards!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 21 November 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Dude, I'm not arguing with you. We aren't even disagreeing THAT much. You are just hellbent on Fisher being your next coach for some unknown reason.
Jimbo is vastly overrated by people like yourself who haven't been watching their games and don't know very much about the goings-on at F$U.

I think he is better than most D1 coaches out there, but you already know what you are getting with him and it's not a Steve Spurrier, Nick Saban, Pete Carrol, or even a Bob Stoops.

My point is that Auburn is a Top20 job without a doubt, and should do whatever it can to land a Top20 coach.
Jimbo is on the fringe and a weird reach.

I'm just questioning your marginalizing of Fisher when you've been given two opportunities to name better coaches we could hire and haven't done so yet. I've been watching Fisher's offenses for many years and I know, based on over a decade of experience watching, that he has always been a successful coordinator. No, I don't watch FSU's games but they're winning games and they're out recruiting everyone which suggests to me that Fisher is doing fine. I don't think we're disagreeing on anything either, other than Fisher being overrated and I don't even think we're disagreeing there because you said you believe he's better than most D1 coaches but not at the top level. I agree with that statement verbatim.

And I agree with you 100% that we ought to be going for an absolute top coach and that Jimbo is not that, but the unfortunate reality is that most of the reports on our coaching search have us looking at trash coaches instead. Stoops is by far my top pick out of the guys we're rumored to have interest in; there's not anybody anywhere close to him being looked at IMO - but Fisher is a good settlement coach if we can't get a top guy. I want a top guy, but our President and AD are making me worry about the likelihood of that happening...

I don't think we have any legitimate shot at the NFL guys we're rumored to be interested in, Malzahn is the exact wrong choice to undo the discipline and maturity problems in Auburn because he helped Chizik create them, Petrino is a flight risk, a scam risk, an arrest risk, and a damage to recruiting, Watson is a nobody joke, etc. Fisher just seems like one of the better options we realistically have based on the rumors we've heard and I'd rather be positive about him because we know the Petrino worshippers will make a huge stink about any non-Petrino hire. I'm just trying to see what little light might exist in our current situation because this season has been way too dark and negative for Auburn fans.

Plus if we hire him I'll already have some experience defending him because we know the entire SEC will start making the typical "lol ACC" comments. The ACC sucks, no doubt, but that doesn't mean good coaches can't exist there.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

We won't have to stack the box, our athletes are better. Read the first sentence, Auburn won't have over 175. Bet anything you want, it's not gonna happen. That's the one thing Bama can do without a doubt 100% mark it down, and have been for years.

View PostTider27, on 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

If you're going to bet, it will be longer than signing day. This is a rivalry that lasts 365 days, you would have to at least keep it until next football season or this isn't even worth mentioning. Besides, Bama could be winning late in the game and the scrubs get the 200.
Either way, it won't be happening to Bama's defense.
Posted ImagePosted Image

AUsome

AUsome

Kool-aid Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Get a room you two... I would be underwhelmed if we got Jimbo, we can do better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]