Pac-12 vs SEC - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Pac-12 vs SEC

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1
THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    16,011
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,554
Which is the stronger conference, RIGHT NOW, in 2012?


Oregon > Bama
Stanford > LSU
Oregon State > Georgia
USC > Florida
UCLA < South Carolina
Arizona < Texas A&M
Washington > Miss St
Arizona St > Ole Miss
Utah > Vandy
Cal > Mizzou
Washington St = Tennessee, Arkansas
Colorado = Auburn, Kentucky



Think outside the box for a second, and it's a lot closer than you'd think.

#2
dcbl

dcbl

    Good guys wear white hats

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,820
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,013
Posted Image
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!


Posted Image

#3
JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    21,334
  • Joined:
    Apr 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    12,616
Oregon > Bama
Stanford > LSU
Oregon State > Georgia
USC > Florida
UCLA < South Carolina
Arizona < Texas A&M
Washington > Miss St
Arizona St > Ole Miss
Utah > Vandy
Cal > Mizzou
Washington St = Tennessee, Arkansas
Colorado = Auburn, Kentucky



This is so bad, I can't even laugh at it.

#4
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,739
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,283

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 16 November 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Which is the stronger conference, RIGHT NOW, in 2012?


Oregon > Bama
Stanford > LSU
Oregon State > Georgia
USC > Florida
UCLA < South Carolina
Arizona < Texas A&M
Washington > Miss St
Arizona St > Ole Miss
Utah > Vandy
Cal > Mizzou
Washington St = Tennessee, Arkansas
Colorado = Auburn, Kentucky



Think outside the box for a second, and it's a lot closer than you'd think.
Oregon = Bama
Stanford < LSU
Oregon State < Georgia Oregon state has been a good surprise team but they haven't done anything amazing. UGA will just man handle them and are a better team.
USC=Florida  This is a toss up. UF is struggling right now but USC has not played well all season.
UCLA < South Carolina
Arizona < Texas A&M
Washington < Miss St
Arizona St < Ole Miss
Utah < Vandy
Cal < Mizzou
Washington St < Tennessee, Arkansas  I didn't even know Washington State was in a BCS AQ.
Colorado = Auburn, Kentucky

In all honesty, I think that Mizzou is better than everyone from Arizona and down. Vandy is better than UCLA and down. Ole Miss is better than Arizona and down.

#5
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,953
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,790
Mizzou beat Arizona state with our backup QB who lost us the game against Vandy !!!!  No way those teams are better than us or anyone else in this league!!

View PostLarge Marge, on 16 August 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I would suck a fart out of her ass and hold it in like a bong hit
Posted Image

#6
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,739
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,283

View PostMizzouMark, on 16 November 2012 - 10:31 AM, said:

Mizzou beat Arizona state with our backup QB who lost us the game against Vandy !!!!  No way those teams are better than us or anyone else in this league!!
I already tried to tell this guy that in another thread. He directly said that ASU was better than Mizzou. Then once I told him that we beat them with our backup QB he just decided to change the comparison to Cal. The SEC is clearly the better conference.

#7
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,953
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,790

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 16 November 2012 - 10:34 AM, said:


I already tried to tell this guy that in another thread. He directly said that ASU was better than Mizzou. Then once I told him that we beat them with our backup QB he just decided to change the comparison to Cal. The SEC is clearly the better conference.

Lol it's okay he lost money betting against us on the Tennessee game... We beat Arizona State with our 2s and 3s on O-line no Josey, no franklin and with a backup QB who threw 2 picks on back to back passing attempts against Kentucky and only managed 9 points against vandy.

Edited by MizzouMark, 16 November 2012 - 10:43 AM.

View PostLarge Marge, on 16 August 2014 - 09:21 AM, said:

I would suck a fart out of her ass and hold it in like a bong hit
Posted Image

#8
THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    16,011
  • Joined:
    Oct 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,554
Those are the most recent ESPN power rankings for each conference, so the order can fluctuate. Of course it wouldn't be the popular opinion at SECTalk, but it's something to think about. I think, on a neutral field, those games would be very close. The SEC, from top to bottom, is not that far ahead of the Pac-12. It's very, very close.

#9
HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    43,018
  • Joined:
    Sep 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    8,601

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 16 November 2012 - 10:57 AM, said:

Those are the most recent ESPN power rankings for each conference, so the order can fluctuate. Of course it wouldn't be the popular opinion at SECTalk, but it's something to think about. I think, on a neutral field, those games would be very close. The SEC, from top to bottom, is not that far ahead of the Pac-12. It's very, very close.

It's close, but not THAT close. None of the teams you listed in the top six are better than the SEC counterparts. Oregon might be better than Bama, but given how Oregon has fared against more physical teams on the LOS, I doubt it. Stanford isn't better than ANY of the other top five SEC teams. Neither is Oregon State, UCLA, USC or Zona. There's a reason six teams from the SEC are in the top 10, whereas all those Pac 12 teams aside from Oregon are outside the top 15.

#10
ALA2262

ALA2262
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,305
  • Joined:
    Sep 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    297
Which is why the Pac-12 has 6 Top 10 BCS teams.

#11
StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,945
  • Joined:
    Aug 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,765
You're smoking some serious shit if you think Georgia ain't better than OSU.

#12
GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    939
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    233

View PostALA2262, on 16 November 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

Which is why the Pac-12 has 6 Top 10 BCS teams.

6 teams in the Top 9 BCS teams.*
Posted Image