Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

SEC is not good??

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
77 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 16 November 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

I just think, from top to bottom, it is MUCH closer than you'd like to think. Mike Leach and his WSU offense would destroy this Auburn squad. Cal would rape Kentucky. Arizona > Vandy. Arizona State > Mizzou etc etc etc

And of course, Oregon > Bama :trollface:

Kentucky and Auburn are absolutely horrific, but Washington State and Colorado would just take the same beatings if they switched conferences for this season.

Missouri already beat Arizona State with their backup QB.

Oregon is elite, Stanford is pretty good, and Southern Cal is hit or miss.
UCLA and Arizona are probably good teams too.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 15 November 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

All the matchup bowls happen in SEC country, GU. Built-in advantage

How is that an advantage, and who is it an advantage for? Football season runs from August through November; the players playing on Northern teams play most of their games in the heat too... they might play 2 or 3 games in cold weather. I'm quite certain they prefer not to play in the cold either.

Besides, the majority of good players who end up on teams that regularly make BCS bowls are from the South in the first place. Even after they've been at Northern schools for a couple years, they still hate the cold, just like any sane person.

View PostGidnik, on 15 November 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

the sec hasnt played an away bowl game since the rose bowl against texas

What does that have to do with the SEC? The bowls are where they are, and the folks doing the picking don't have any SEC connections.

I know of at least 1 bowl game we'd love to play in, but they've been scared to put an SEC team in it for decades... the Rose absolutely won't do it. The SEC put 3 teams in the Rose Bowl for 9 games, went 5-3-1, and haven't been asked back since the '40's. The Big 12, Big East, and even the Mountain West have all had teams in a Rose Bowl since 2000. I fail to see how their cowardice is the SEC's fault.
Posted Image

xiv

xiv
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTHE_KRIEG, on 16 November 2012 - 09:28 AM, said:

But I agree. The SEC is having a down year, and the Pac 12 is just one step behind us, if not in a dead tie with us.
I don't understand why people say this every single year regardless of what actually happens on the field. The SEC has 7 regular season OOC losses; it has had fewer than 10 only thrice in the last decade. This is one of the SEC's 4 best years this millennium.