Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Well..... damn.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hate to hear of your loss of job,but it can be viewed as a gain of oppotunity.Who knows what you may have missed if you had stayed locked up in that job for 30 years.I bet you make something good happen and am looking forward to hearing about it.Go get em Dan.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Didnt realize i was in this thread while going back and forth with gator. Sorry for being a dick here hob.

Ernest T

Ernest T
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 14 November 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

Was just laid off this morning, along with the majority of the rest of the people at my company. I wasn't shocked by it, hell, half the company was laid off a year ago when our parent company was bought out. But it's still a shitty feeling to walk out the door and see people crying and saying goodbyes in the parking lot. I feel worse for my coworkers than I do for myself. Some of them are older with families. Sign of the times, I guess.  

Posted Image.

You have a good attitude, Ho'boots.  You'll be fine...and your concern about your coworkers shows character.  People like you will have a good job within a day or two.  Still sux though...I went through the same thing in March.  We were not for sale but the large company that will be bankrupt in a few years made an offer to lease that was too good for the big guy to pass on. Can't blame my boss...but I'll be ready to go back to my $120k 9-5:30 no stress job in 2014 or so.

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Man, the response from all of y'all is really overwhelming. I figured a few folks would be like, "sorry man, that sucks," but I'm just shocked how many of y'all have been genuinely encouraging (and several of you even giving me leads on new job prospects). Makes me feel like shit for being an asshole to most of you, lol. I guess at the end of the day we're all just one big dysfunctional family.

*sniff, sniff*.... I love y'all, man! :crying:

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@JoeGator  is right - find something part time to keep up some income - looking forward to hearing about your new & better job!

Edited by dcbl, 14 November 2012 - 09:58 PM.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

Ernest T

Ernest T
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 14 November 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Man, the response from all of y'all is really overwhelming. I figured a few folks would be like, "sorry man, that sucks," but I'm just shocked how many of y'all have been genuinely encouraging (and several of you even giving me leads on new job prospects). Makes me feel like shit for being an asshole to most of you, lol. I guess at the end of the day we're all just one big dysfunctional family.

*sniff, sniff*.... I love y'all, man! :crying:

Still getting used to my new home, but I'd just like to say ARGoPosted Imageyourself.

Edited by Ernest T, 14 November 2012 - 10:13 PM.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Was just laid off this morning, along with the majority of the rest of the people at my company. I wasn't shocked by it, hell, half the company was laid off a year ago when our parent company was bought out. But it's still a shitty feeling to walk out the door and see people crying and saying goodbyes in the parking lot. I feel worse for my coworkers than I do for myself. Some of them are older with families. Sign of the times, I guess.  

Posted Image.

Damn bro I hate to hear that I'll be saying a few extra words for ya when I bow my head hope you find something soon.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

GamecockDieHard

GamecockDieHard
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

:lanekiffin:.

After reading through most of this thread, sounds like you're taking it all in stride.  That's the spirit!  Good luck with your job-hunting.

Edited by GamecockDieHard, 15 November 2012 - 08:36 AM.

tennesseegirl

tennesseegirl
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So sorry to hear about this but everything will work out I am sure!! Good luck Hobs. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Nevermind.... Wrong place, wrong time

Edited by Neo, 22 November 2012 - 12:29 AM.

Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 921
Newest Purchase: Mulholland Falls

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by´╗┐ human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 14 November 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Well hey, no problems. We can all live like princes on unemployment under Obama, amirite?

Sounds like his company underwent a Romney-type buyout

Really Dude?

RTR
Posted Image

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sorry to hear that man. I hope you find something soon..... I've been without a job for almost a year now.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postthe Paradox, on 22 November 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

Really Dude?

RTR

Didja see how quickly folks here went to blaming Obama?
Posted Image

WadeWilson

WadeWilson

SECTalk Private Dick

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 14 November 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

*sniff, sniff*.... I love y'all, man! Posted Image

Never break character, dipshit.

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 22 November 2012 - 06:05 AM, said:

Never break character, dipshit.

Now that's funny.  Does this go for "real life" too Wade?
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four