Florida player adopted by Booster - Page 2 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Florida player adopted by Booster

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBig Bad Grant, on 14 November 2012 - 11:21 AM, said:

What in the blue hell does he need adopting for. He's getting drafted in over a year. This spits in the face of every program trying to play by the rules. Oher was a homless 13-14 year old teenager.

This guy needs a shiny whip this bad he can't wait a year and half for the first NFL check to clear. Mud Lizards, you are better than that. Scar got caught are paying guys, hopefully UGA want fall for it but so be it if they chose to.

They've also adopted a shitty Nigerian basketball player.
Has nothing to do with him being a Gator player.

On top of that, the family that adopted him are South Carolina boosters.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How do you even adopt someone who is legally an adult?

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

What in the blue hell does he need adopting for. He's getting drafted in over a year. This spits in the face of every program trying to play by the rules. Oher was a homless 13-14 year old teenager.

This guy needs a shiny whip this bad he can't wait a year and half for the first NFL check to clear. Mud Lizards, you are better than that. Scar got caught paying guys, hopefully UGA want fall for it but so be it if they chose to.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

Didn't actually read the story, did you? He wasn't just adopted; it happened last year so they could provide Floyd with many of the same things athletes with parents have while away at school. They'd known each other a long time, and Floyd had been homeless in Philly most of his life. The only family member he really knows is a great-grandmother. Floyd's life in Philly was exactly like Oher's.

You obviously didn't see The Blind Side either, because Oher wasn't adopted until he was 19, and had first moved in with his eventual adoptive parents in 2004, when he was 18... not a 13 or 14-year old homeless teenager.

Edited by GatorUnvrsty, 14 November 2012 - 11:54 AM.

Posted Image

JDStud6

JDStud6
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

This guy needs a shiny whip this bad he can't wait a year and half for the first NFL check to clear. Mud Lizards, you are better than that. Scar got caught paying guys, hopefully UGA want fall for it but so be it if they chose to.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

we did?

JD

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When was South Carolina paying players? Impermissable benefits and steroids sure, but if we had players on a payroll Id like a refund.

This entire thread kicks facts right in the nuts. More like a make a random statement thread.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbmccall, on 14 November 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

When was South Carolina paying players? Impermissable benefits and steroids sure, but if we had players on a payroll Id like a refund.

This entire thread kicks facts right in the nuts. More like a make a random STUPID statement thread.

Edited for accuracy. :thumbu:
Posted Image

Big Bad Grant

Big Bad Grant
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I guess Scar players having to return or refund thousands isn't technically getting paid but I digress. Floyd is damn near 21, why does he need finacial support.

Five years from now the "Dad" will want some interest from these "parenting gifts" and a big whoop will ensue. The guy is currently sixth on the CBS DT big board. If he needs money that bad get a loan from the bank or declare for the draft.

Big Bad Grant

Big Bad Grant
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Doctor, on 14 November 2012 - 11:40 AM, said:

How do you even adopt someone who is legally an adult?

It's the FU way. It's funny the guardian doesn't adopt the guy when he needed it most. I find it hilarious a guy that is going to get a fat NFL bonus check in a few months needs money this instant. I guess the new 2013 (insert hot wheels) has to be ridden.

Edit: http://aol.sportingn...n-will-muschamp

"When he went to faraway Gainesville, Lahn gave him about $2,500 in assistance.
When that came out last year, the NCAA suspended Floyd for two games and told him to pay $2,700 to charity. At that point, Lahn essentially was told he could no longer help his favorite kid. There had to be a better way, Lahn thought. So he adopted Floyd. "

"Yes, he’s providing for Floyd. He leased him a new truck and helps with expenses. He treated Floyd to a big weekend in Miami for his 21st birthday.
They rented a yacht, and a couple of Florida teammates joined them on board.
It sounded like one of those booze boat bashes Shapiro used to throw for Miami Hurricanes. But can’t a parent invite a couple of his son’s friends to a birthday party?"

Unbelievable. A new breed of Big Booster is born, one where they can openly flaunt their wealth on their favorite player or program.

Edited by Big Bad Grant, 14 November 2012 - 05:50 PM.

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Then again, I've never really cared that much about benefits to players that are already at your school. I mean its not like you can get them to sign for you twice.

HFS

HFS

Everything is so Shakespeare to these Hoes

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
In related news I've adopted Cam Newton.
Posted Image

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Get rid of the that thing with Obama...you are a disgrace to Florida gators and the sec if you are a liberal

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGATORSFAN21, on 14 November 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Get rid of the that thing with Obama...you are a disgrace to Florida gators and the sec if you are a liberal

English please?
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
this thread is going south quickly
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

GATORSFAN21

GATORSFAN21
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 14 November 2012 - 08:47 PM, said:

English please?
oh sorry, never knew it was writing class

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
LOLOL...this thread is going to end magnificently
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas