13 Year old shot and bound - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

13 Year old shot and bound

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
http://www.ksdk.com/...13-year-old-boy

KOB - A 13-year-old Albuquerque, New Mexico boy is recovering after being shot by a neighbor in a case that is reminding many of the Trayvon Martin killing.

The boy in this case is an 8th grade basketball player who also plays first chair viola at school.

His mom says he's a good kid, who snuck out of a friend's house early Saturday morning but wasn't up to trouble.

"I was at my friend's home and I was walking to my friend's home," said the boy in an exclusive interview with NBC affiliate KOB Eyewitness News 4. "And on the way there we were just running around just playing and just hiding from each other and I hid under a truck."

The moments that followed could have cost the boy his life.

A criminal complaint states the homeowner, Michael Zamora, heard noises and went outside with a gun thinking someone was stealing his truck.

It had recently been stolen and recovered.

"He told me to get the F on the ground so I put my hands up and I got on my knees. And then he grabbed me by the back of my shirt," said the boy.

The 42-year-old claims the boy punched him in the face.

The boy told police Zamora dragged him into his garage and zip-tied his wrists.

"My heart just dropped and I didn't know what was going to happen," said the boy.

Zamora then took the 5'2", 90 lbs. boy inside his house until police arrived, according to court documents.

When police found the boy they realized he had been shot in the shoulder.

When police asked Zamora about it, he first told them that he had the gun it fell and went off.

He then clarified his story to police saying he had the gun in his hand the whole time and then it went off by accident.

When asked if he meant to shoot the boy, Zamora replied, "No, I didn't. It was 3 o'clock in the morning. There's a kid messing around with my truck, what do you expect? You know?"

"I've never been so scared in my life," said the boy's mother, Alysha Colbert. "I could've lost my son," she said. "If he would have turned around and took off running would he have shot him in the back, because he was black?"

Zamora allegedly told police, "I saw the guy right there, it was dark, he was black, I didn't know what to expect."

"Trayvon Martin. That's the first thing that popped into my mind was Trayvon Martin," said Colbert.

To that, Zamora responded: "That's ridiculous. I was just protecting my property and my family you know. That's all I can do. I think any other red-blooded American would have done the same thing."

The boy is now in a sling recovering from the gunshot wound.

His mom says she's going to fight for justice.

The boy was staying at a friend's house and snuck out to walk two girlfriends home.

The boy's mother had no knowledge of this because she was at her house.

"I don't care what time of night he was out, he didn't deserve this. No kid deserves anything like this," she said.

After police heard from both Zamora and the boy, the decided Zamora was in the wrong.

He's now charged with false imprisonment and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

"I regret everything," said Zamora. "I wish it had not happened but it did. It's unfortunate."

The boy's mom says he's not charged with anything.

"I think that he should be in jail right now," said the boy. "I don't see how he thought I was a man because I'm not really that big."

KOB

Thoughts?

My question is, what the hell was the kid doing out at 3 a.m.??? What kind of parenting is that?

And where does the law come down on the man's actions? Does he have reasonable cause to do everything he did?

Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

Booger

Booger

Gump Humper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I guess it depends on the law in New Mexico. The homeowner wouldn't have to fight anything if this would have happened in Texas.

Not sure where they get "false imprisonment" though... the homeowner had just had his truck stolen, what the hell do they expect him to do.... It's just unfortunate the kid was shot.
When it's 3rd and 10, we shuffle out our secret weapon... he's the only person we ever want calling the next play... some call him the twelfth man.... we call him the whiskey drinker...

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
People like this shouldn't be allowed to have guns. Holding him at gun point, dragging him in to your garage, tying him up, then "dropping your gun" or "went off by accident" and shooting him?

What gun in this day and age just randomly fires off without pulling the trigger? Or if he "accidentally" pulled the trigger, it even looks worse for him. What are the chances of that?(it just randomly going off) If you don't know how to control your weapon, you shouldn't be allowed to have one.

I don't blame him for defending his property, but in a case like this you need to call the police before you go outside(common sense), that way you don't have to drag someone in your house and tie them up. Or in a worst case scenario, if that person is actually trying to steal something of yours or whatever and has a weapon.

The stupidity of people today just amazes me though.

Posted Image

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is the part that I don't get: "No, I didn't. It was 3 o'clock in the morning. There's a kid messing around with my truck, what do you expect? You know?" The guy says that the kid was accidently shot but then he says that a kid was messing around with my truck what do you expect. So it was an accident but the guy is saying that he shot the kid because he was messing with the truck. That makes absolutely no sense.

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 13 November 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

This is the part that I don't get: "No, I didn't. It was 3 o'clock in the morning. There's a kid messing around with my truck, what do you expect? You know?" The guy says that the kid was accidently shot but then he says that a kid was messing around with my truck what do you expect. So it was an accident but the guy is saying that he shot the kid because he was messing with the truck. That makes absolutely no sense.

Could be taken as if the kid wasn't outside at 3am it wouldn't have happened, but it's definitely an interesting comment.

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What the hell was the kid doing out at 3 AM? Was it a school night to top it off? I think there is more to this... I'm holding judgment until more information is released. For all we know this kid was going to break into the guy's truck and steal his Ipod or something.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm by no means condoning what the man did,but I guess some folks are getting sick of being victimized and innocent people are inadvertantly getting in the way of their wrath.I'd advise folks to not put ourselves in situations that could put us in danger.

There's alot of PO'ed people out there,and for good reason.

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Still think he needs to call the cops before going outside. But yeah at 3 am, who isn't going outside with a gun
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
lesson to learn here is dont be a out in the middle of the night :lanekiffin:ing with other peoples shit.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
someone needs to post ghetto boys hmie dont play that.

Posted Image

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Dumb ass kid out at 3 A.M. why isn't there a curfew?

Also even dumber redneck. If you have the "culprit" tied up, why is waving the gun at him anymore even necessary? He was probably giving some grand speech about the "leech class" and really feeling good about himself then the gun went off.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ghetto boys We cant be stopped was an awesome album. Best of the texas rap out of the 80s & 90s.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I used to blast gotta let your nuts hang out of a 1979 ford f100. good times.

Posted Image