Another gun question - Page 3 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Another gun question

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
33 replies to this topic

ABQAG

ABQAG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostErnest T, on 12 November 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

I'd probably go with the Bersa 9.  I've owned an air weight 38 since '81,  It's hammerless and will fit in a shirt pocket, but I couldn't hit a target past 10' very often until I put on the huge hogue rubber grips.  Now I feel comfortable enough to be accurate if I needed to take a 10 yd shot.

I've heard good reviews on the small frame Bersa 9.  One from a cop who had a high score with his testing.  If it's good enough for a cop, it's good enough for me.  The size of the pistol is not that much larger than the S&W airweight 38 and it's good for close range or longer range shots.  Probably the best lower priced 9 out there...based on info from people I've talked to who have shot them and info I've read, not based on personal experience.  I'm thinking seriously about purchasing one.

I agree with the Bersa 9 recommendation.. It shoots like a much bigger gun. I hate compact semi auto's in general, but the bersa is a gun i dont mind burning through a few boxes with at the range. I think the right gun is one she doesnt mind practicing with at the range.

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I agree with Smokey. 380s are light and easy.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

JohnRambo

JohnRambo

The Ice-Cream Man

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
However if you go the super-subcompact (pocket pistol) route with the .380. She needs to practice because with a gun that small the margin for error in missing at any sort of a distance is much greater.

Superman never made any money

Saving the world from Solomon Grundy

And sometimes I despair the world will never see another man

Like him

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeo, on 12 November 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Not really. I carry one of my Glock's concealed and it's loaded with Hornady's Zombie-Max 9mm.

For those of you that don't know, the Zombie-Max are the EXACT same round as Hornady's Critical Defense and a lot cheaper too.

Haha you carry Zombie bullets.

Yea I have Zombie in .223, .40 and 9mm. I carry Lubalox coated Ranger T's (Talons) in my .40 CZ and my fiancee carries critical defense.

Love the green tip on the zombies

Posted Image