Interesting statistics... - Page 2 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Interesting statistics...

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRed Blackman, on 12 November 2012 - 04:34 PM, said:

Sorry, dude, your math sucks..........

Georgia averaged 119 against ranked teams.

Alabama averaged 173 against ranked teams.

Or so it seems
http://espn.go.com/c...eorgia-bulldogs

http://espn.go.com/c...ma-crimson-tide

Red Blackman

Red Blackman

Gumpologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 12 November 2012 - 04:24 PM, said:

Let's go along with what Brah said. So we all know that Bama and Gerogia are both BCS ranked teams. Georgia has averaged 38.3 rushing yards in their 3 games vs BCS opponents. Bama has averaged 83 rushing yards against their 2 BCS opponents. In UGA's 4 games against AP ranked teams they averaged 59.5 yards. In Bama's 4 games against AP ranked teams they averaged 174.8 yards.

Damn, dude, you're gonna have to pay me for fact checking your bogus posts.......

Against BCS AQ's Georgia averaged 180 yards per game.

Alabama averaged 205.

Here it is

Posted Image

Brah

Brah
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRed Blackman, on 12 November 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

Statistics are like a woman, Brah.......mirrors of purest virtue and truth, or whores to use as one pleases.

Some teams are good from the first game one on.

Some teams get better each week.

Very true. But like the sack stat, Bama gave up 8 in their first 2 games, 12 in the next 8 games. Pass protection has gotten better as the year went on for sure.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRed Blackman, on 12 November 2012 - 04:40 PM, said:

Damn, dude, you're gonna have to pay me for fact checking your bogus posts.......

Against BCS AQ's Georgia averaged 180 yards per game.

Alabama averaged 205.

Here it is
Sorry I wasn't more clear, I was using BCS ranked teams not teams from BCS AQ's.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Interesting stats for sure, but LSU's offense blew and tore us up at night in Baton Rouge.

Sometimes you have to rule out stats and factor in emotion, and it will be a good one.

Posted Image

nooneLT

nooneLT

Mello Yello

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
One of the interesting statistics I found is, we're on pace to have 2 RBs with 1000 yards. Lacy needs 229 and Yeldon needs 246 with 3 (more than likely 4) games remaining, it should be easily done.

Add to that AJ has already matched the passing TD record with 3/4 games to play, and he could break 3000 yards passing, this has been one of our most productive offensive years.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostnooneLT, on 12 November 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

One of the interesting statistics I found is, we're on pace to have 2 RBs with 1000 yards. Lacy needs 229 and Yeldon needs 246 with 3 (more than likely 4) games remaining, it should be easily done.

Add to that AJ has already matched the passing TD record with 3/4 games to play, and he could break 3000 yards passing, this has been one of our most productive offensive years.

Same thing with us. Gurley is like 35 yards from 1k and Marshall is 400 yards away. Murray is shattering UGA passing records.

I think it will be a good game. We did give up 5 sacks to Ole Miss but that was in the 1st half and Murray was doofing around for whatever reason holding onto the ball for 10 years. Other than that our offense obviously played lights out that game.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBrah, on 12 November 2012 - 04:06 PM, said:

Lets look a little deeper in those stats

Bama has given up 10 sacks in their last 6 games (all SEC). UGA was sacked 5 times by Ole Miss and twice by AU.

1497 of UGA's rush yards came against Buffalo,AU,Kentucky,Vandy,FAU and Tenn's defenses (average rush d ranking of 86) while only averaging 125 YPG in their other 4 games (all top 50 rush D's who average Rush D of 27)

Bama has played 6 teams that rank inside the top 50 nationally in Rush D (average rank of 27) and the Tide averaged 183 YPG in those matchups. Michigan and Miss ST avg 65th in RD (Bama averaged 205 ypg) and against the two weakest D's on the schedule (Tenn and FAU) averaged 244 ypg

To be fair, we had to pass a lot against Tennessee since our defense played like shit that game.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 12 November 2012 - 01:23 PM, said:

The passing numbers are eerily similar as well. Defensively, I think we're better in the pass rush department but they're better vs. the run. On offense, I think Murray / Gurley / Marshall are equal to AJ / Yeldon / Lacy. I like our receivers and tight ends more however they have a more consistent and reliable offensive line. Special teams are in Alabama's favor for sure. We play too many walk ons in Special teams.

I'd favor Alabama by about 7 or so in the dome.

I think we have a slightly better offense and Alabama has a defense that is simply better than ours.
Agree with every bit of it. Our DB's are very suspect too but spot on with everything else.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas