Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


BCS Poll 11-11-12

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#46
Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,313
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,548

View Postdcbl, on 11 November 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

no, but ND handled you and K State just scraped by

Not knocking the Big 12, but wins against MI, MI State, Stanford and potentially USC is more impressive than wins against TX Tech, W VA, OK State & TX
this leads me to believe that you know nothing about football.
Posted Image

#47
uscrules

uscrules
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,854
  • Joined:
    Aug 2005
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    437
I think Spurrier put it best when he said " it is harder to win an SEC championship that a national championship". I have to agree with him.

#48
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,406
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,381

View Postdcbl, on 11 November 2012 - 10:11 PM, said:

no, but ND handled you and K State just scraped by

Not knocking the Big 12, but wins against MI, MI State, Stanford and potentially USC is more impressive than wins against TX Tech, W VA, OK State & TX

Thats actully quite oppostite if you watched the games. Final scores can be deceiving. Kansas State was up 11 with 4 minutes to go. OU added a TD to close it to 5 (missed 2 point), but never really had a chance. On the other hand, OU and Notre Dame were tied at 13 with less than 5 minutes to go. ND hit a field goal then added 2 late TD's to make it look like a blowout.
Striker.jpg
#4 Oklahoma Sooners 45
WVU 33

#4 Oklahoma 4-0 (1-0) @ TCU 2-0 Oct 4th

#49
dcbl

dcbl

    Good guys wear white hats

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,852
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,035

View PostnooneLT, on 11 November 2012 - 10:29 PM, said:

you're kidding right? Whoever wins in Atlanta will def have more than enough cred to pass Louisville. I don't think either will have enough to pass an undefeated, but here's to hoping.

you misread me - I said there is no way we would not pass Louisville (who is no longer undefeated anyway); but that we would not pass K State, OR or ND
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!


Posted Image

#50
dcbl

dcbl

    Good guys wear white hats

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,852
  • Joined:
    Nov 2007
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,035

View PostGidnik, on 11 November 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

this leads me to believe that you know nothing about football.

sorry, but the Big 12 ain't that much more impressive that the PAC 12 this year
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!


Posted Image

#51
Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,313
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,548
Posted Image
Posted Image

#52
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,406
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,381

View Postdcbl, on 12 November 2012 - 07:53 AM, said:



sorry, but the Big 12 ain't that much more impressive that the PAC 12 this year

Maybe, yet they will match up in the title game if KSU and Oregon win out.
Striker.jpg
#4 Oklahoma Sooners 45
WVU 33

#4 Oklahoma 4-0 (1-0) @ TCU 2-0 Oct 4th

#53
cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    17,334
  • Joined:
    Dec 2004
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    13,518

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 12 November 2012 - 06:15 AM, said:



Thats actully quite oppostite if you watched the games. Final scores can be deceiving. Kansas State was up 11 with 4 minutes to go. OU added a TD to close it to 5 (missed 2 point), but never really had a chance. On the other hand, OU and Notre Dame were tied at 13 with less than 5 minutes to go. ND hit a field goal then added 2 late TD's to make it look like a blowout.
Plus nd went to OT with a mid tier pac 12 school and 3OT with freakin pitt. And they only beat purdue by 3 and beating mich and mich st doesn't mean anything. notre dame has been the least impressive top 10 team.....easily

#54
Bigdaddydog1

Bigdaddydog1
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    2,251
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    464
there seems to have been a big push to get NC represented by other leagues other than SEC, since they have practically dominated it the last 6 years. So any loss by SEC team at all is as good an excuse as any. But going through the SEC undefeated is a very LARGE task. I still think that Alabama is the best team in the country. They are tough on both sides of the ball. And if you erase that bad choice to throw the ball in tight coverage. I belive they would still be undefeated.

Edited by Bigdaddydog1, 12 November 2012 - 08:17 AM.


#55
BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

    Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,406
  • Joined:
    Jun 2010
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    1,381

View Postcocky4ever, on 12 November 2012 - 08:15 AM, said:

Plus nd went to OT with a mid tier pac 12 school and 3OT with freakin pitt. And they only beat purdue by 3 and beating mich and mich st doesn't mean anything. notre dame has been the least impressive top 10 team.....easily

I agree 100% with that. Thats why we will see Kansas State and Oregon in the BCSNCG if they win out.
Striker.jpg
#4 Oklahoma Sooners 45
WVU 33

#4 Oklahoma 4-0 (1-0) @ TCU 2-0 Oct 4th

#56
GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    7,187
  • Joined:
    Jan 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,098

View Postuscrules, on 12 November 2012 - 12:18 AM, said:

I think Spurrier put it best when he said " it is harder to win an SEC championship that a national championship". I have to agree with him.

As Bama proved last year