SEC Power Rankings - 11/11/12 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

SEC Power Rankings - 11/11/12

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
1. Georgia - did what a top five team is supposed to do to an inferior opponent. Blew out their opponent early, and dominated them on both sides of the ball. In the process, the Dawgs secured their second consecutive division title and their place in the SECCG.

2. Texas A&M - What can you say about Johnny Manziel's effort except "brilliant?" It was the first time since freshman eligibility was re-instated in 1972 that a freshman QB had led his team to victory against a #1 ranked team. And they did it on the road, no less.

3. Alabama - For the second weak in a row showed that they aren't the unbeatable force some had billed them to be. They have weaknesses just like any other team, and TAMU exploited them. Now Alabama will have to delay their division clinch until next week in the Iron Bowl.

4. LSU - Avoided an emotional let-down and came out with a victory over a MSU team tat came to fight.

5. South Carolina - Despite being out of the hunt for the division, still played hard against a struggling Arkansas.

6. Florida - What the hell happened here? UF might be the only top 10 team in history to have struggled with two cupcakes in one year and still stayed in the top 10. Bowling Green we chalked up to being an early season game, but ULL? A week before FSU? Sure they were probably looking ahead, but the idea that it took a last second (literally) blocked punt to put this one away is crazy!

7. Mississippi State - Still lost, but looked MUCH better this week against LSU than they did against Alabama the week before.

8. Vanderbilt - There's something to be said for being the "best of the rest," I suppose. Vandy might not be capable of ever doing much more than making a bowl game and finishing with a winning record, but give James Franklin credit, he's doing that. Vandy gains bowl eligibility with a win over Ole Miss.

9. Missouri - Finally gets an SEC road win at the expense of the Volunteers. The Tigers won an offensive barn burner of a game that saw them hang 50 on UT in Neyland Stadium. Bad opponent, but a good win for Mizzou nonetheless.

10. Ole Miss - Very disappointing loss for the Rebels, who led the Dores at home 23-6 in the 3rd quarter. What should have been a win for bowl eligibility for the Rebs ended up being the same thing for the visiting Commodores instead, and now Ole Miss will have to get one against either LSU or rival Miss State to get to the post-season.

11. Arkansas - continues to look slightly better than they did earlier in the season, but not nearly enough to be competitive with a team as good as Carolina

12. Tennessee - Ouch. It's been another rough year for Volunteer fans, but giving up 50 to a conference newcomer whose only other SEC win was against Kentucky, is a tough pill to swallow. .

13. Auburn - Worst home loss to Georgia since... a long time. Tigers fans had largely exited the building before the 3rd quarter was over (many of them gone at halftime), a sign of a beleaguered fan base that hasn't had much to cheer about this season.

14. Kentucky - at least they've finally done the inevitable in ending the Joker Phillips tenure.

Click here to view the article

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 11 November 2012 - 12:01 PM.

Fidy8

Fidy8

Love me some AU

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This is gonna be good!

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
got u 'nother pic bro
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

AUsome

AUsome

Kool-aid Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'd put A&M ahead of Georgia.  No butt-hurt here, they just played an amazing game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I want to disagree, but i cant
Posted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUsome, on 11 November 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

I'd put A&M ahead of Georgia.  No butt-hurt here, they just played an amazing game.

I thought about it, but ultimately the fact that they can't win their division unless Auburn beats Bama (not going to happen) was the reason I didn't jump them over Georgia, who just punched their ticket to Atlanta. Let's not forget either, Auburn had not been shut out this year prior to yesterday, and the 38 point margin of victory was kind, as Richt pulled starters in the 3rd quarter from the offense, and effectively tried to keep the Dawgs from scoring any more, no doubt out of respect for his former assistants BVG and Willy Martinez. Georgia could have scored 50+ on Auburn easily.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

I AM AN OLE MISS REBEL!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Not seeing Bama at the top makes for a nice change of pace. :cheers:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
more than at any time in the season, I am starting to believe it is possible for it to stay that way for this year...
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

AUsome

AUsome

Kool-aid Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 11 November 2012 - 12:23 PM, said:

I thought about it, but ultimately the fact that they can't win their division unless Auburn beats Bama (not going to happen) was the reason I didn't jump them over Georgia, who just punched their ticket to Atlanta. Let's not forget either, Auburn had not been shut out this year prior to yesterday, and the 38 point margin of victory was kind, as Richt pulled starters in the 3rd quarter from the offense, and effectively tried to keep the Dawgs from scoring any more, no doubt out of respect for his former assistants BVG and Willy Martinez. Georgia could have scored 50+ on Auburn easily.

Most of the people who played us this year pulled starters early, so I don't know how good of a measuring stick beating auburn is (as much as that hurts to say).  My impression of power rankings is who looks better from week to week, not who has a better chance to go farther in the post season.  I may be wrong there but that was my impression, and in that regard I think A&M looked better.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUsome, on 11 November 2012 - 12:35 PM, said:

Most of the people who played us this year pulled starters early, so I don't know how good of a measuring stick beating auburn is (as much as that hurts to say).  My impression of power rankings is who looks better from week to week, not who has a better chance to go farther in the post season.  I may be wrong there but that was my impression, and in that regard I think A&M looked better.

I'm not sure how much better you can look than Georgia did last night. Like I said, yeah it was Auburn, but Georgia did what they were supposed to do. They didn't let Auburn score. They scored at will on Auburn.

Texas A&M beat a better team, but I don't know if it's possible to "look better" than shutting out your opponent and scoring every time you have the ball.

Tider27

Tider27

Bammer Moderator

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Kind of cute, like a kid's drawing that should go on a fridge.

Enjoy it now.

Posted Image

CockyinCola

CockyinCola

FOURever to Thee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I thought I've seen every week that these things are posted that they reflect a team's performance in the previous single game, not their performance all season. If that truly is the case, then A&M should be #1.
Posted Image

AUsome

AUsome

Kool-aid Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 11 November 2012 - 12:40 PM, said:

I'm not sure how much better you can look than Georgia did last night. Like I said, yeah it was Auburn, but Georgia did what they were supposed to do. They didn't let Auburn score. They scored at will on Auburn.

Texas A&M beat a better team, but I don't know if it's possible to "look better" than shutting out your opponent and scoring every time you have the ball.

Vanderbilt beat Kentucky 40-0 last week... Does that earn them a number 1 ranking?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
No argument here. Although I still think Alabama is probably the best team in the SEC.
Fire Bracky Brett

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't think Florida is that good anymore, also I'd have ole miss before mizzou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users