USA: More States Discussing Secession - Page 3 - Think Tank - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

USA: More States Discussing Secession

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
248 replies to this topic

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
it doesnt really matter.  the principles of what this country were founded on are being totally reversed by the supreme court and its going to continue.  this country is beginning its death spiral down the crapper and i see nothing that can save it in the foreseeable future.

individual secession is a ridiculous dream that will never happen.

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 11 November 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

i think racism in the south is mostly tempered by fear of public humiliation... remove the fear of being judged a racist and i think things in the south could get really weird. those generations are dying out slowly and the culture is changing for the better, but we still need to wait about 50 more years to get a reasonable culture change down here.

racism and slavery are two entirely different concepts.

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 11 November 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

we have replaced torture with flying drones into village markets without concern for innocents... gitmo is still open and we entered/funded libya and are still at risk of going to war with iran. ya youre right, your party is clean as a whistle and those :lanekiffin:ing reds are the cause of all the problems. quit being a party whore and look at whats going on around you. party whoring is ruining this country and youre riding her down like an 18 year old whore from beverly hills.
LOL. I don't think the return of an institution that has been mercifully dead for the last century-and-a-half is on anyone's mind. Just imagine telling all of the black people in MIssissippi that they had to be second class citizens again. Do you honestly think anyone would be dumb enough to try that.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 11 November 2012 - 05:54 PM.

Posted Image

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 11 November 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

well since you have no interest in an honest conversation ill leave you to repub bashing and dem stroking.

I'm sorry.  I didn't realize you wanted to have a serious conversation.  I guess I should have interpreted you saying " party whoring is ruining this country and youre riding her down like an 18 year old whore from beverly hills." as an invitation to have a serious conversation.  My bad.

Edited by GatorLaw, 11 November 2012 - 05:55 PM.

Original Image: <a href='http://i.imgur.com/7wCat.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/7wCat.gif</a>

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 11 November 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

racism and slavery are two entirely different concepts.

to enslave a race of people requires you to feel superior to that race of people. to feel that you have dominion over the lessers. sorry but i disagree with you. if you can enslave a people that you feel equal with, then youre the epitome of evil.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 11 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

LOL. I don't think the return of an institution that has been mercifully dead for the last century-and-a-half is on anyone's mind. Just imagine telling all of the black people in MIssissippi that they had to be second class citizens again. Do you honestly think anyone would be dumb enouh to try that.

do you really think it would happen in a 6 month period? it would be gradual enough to not draw attention.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 11 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

LOL. I don't think the return of an institution that has been mercifully dead for the last century-and-a-half is on anyone's mind. Just imagine telling all of the black people in MIssissippi that they had to be second class citizens again.
I would assert that, that most reprehensible institution didn't actually die until 1965.

Remember, only then were our fellow citizens recognized as such, and given voting rights withou poll taxes and the ilk.

Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i was being dramatic when i said slavery would come back, i dont really think that. but i do think racism would get a very large uptick in the south if the humiliation associated with it were removed. its simply my opinion.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
And as @Hothotz mentions, this same rubbish came up when the 43rd President was elected for a second time,

Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 11 November 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

to enslave a race of people requires you to feel superior to that race of people. to feel that you have dominion over the lessers. sorry but i disagree with you. if you can enslave a people that you feel equal with, then youre the epitome of evil.

right or wrong, i feel far intellectually superior to the average person.....that said, i have zero desire to force them under my will.

honestly, i have little respect for the average american dumbass.  ive seen a lot of ignorance and stupidity in my life and my reaction to those people, regardless of what race they are, is to be as far away as possible from them.  even the most racist people i know think slavery is a ridiculous concept....but things might be different in arkansas.  i wouldnt know.  

thats probably an elitist perspective on things, but anyone that embraces stupidity, i largely avoid.....the whole concept of slavery is exactly that.....stupid.

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 11 November 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

i was being dramatic when i said slavery would come back, i dont really think that. but i do think racism would get a very large uptick in the south if the humiliation associated with it were removed. its simply my opinion.

now that I agree with....racism, and even a broader view of things, basic civil rights should be one of those things that are protected under the central umbrella of government.

shamoan

shamoan

Omaha bound.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
either way, it aint happening and thankfully so.  we might as well all ride this turd of a country down the drain its currently headed down.

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We're tough.  We can stand 4 more years with an ass-wipe for a president.

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFCNdawg, on 11 November 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

I would assert that, that most reprehensible institution didn't actually die until 1965.

Remember, only then were our fellow citizens recognized as such, and given voting rights withou poll taxes and the ilk.
Like Shamoan said, there is a difference in racism and slavery. Slavery is being owned bodily, totally by someone else. Racism is the idea that a race is inherently inferior to your own. SLavery is way worse than racism, and slavery as defined above, has been gone for a while now.

Thankfully, slavery has been dead for a long time in this country. Hopefully, racism is in a precipitous decline.
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 11 November 2012 - 07:49 PM, said:

Like Shamoan said, there is a difference in racism and slavery. Slavery is being owned bodily, totally by someone else. Racism is the idea that a race is inherently inferior to your own. SLavery is way worse than racism, and slavery as defined above, has been gone for a while now.

Thankfully, slavery has been dead for a long time in this country. Hopefully, racism is in a precipitous decline.
Indeed, hopefully so.

In response to your first part, yes, slavery was indeed abolished. However, the class system from slavery was not abolished, and indeed, it was kept up by Jim Crow. How were the former slaves supposed to make it in the world when they were still considered second-class citizens? How were they supposed to make their lives better when every institution from local to national gov't were against them, for the most part?

Even after 1965, it took the better part of a decade for the more stubborn of states to comply with federal regulations.
Hell, the high school in Greenville wasn't integrated until 1972.

Posted Image