Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

USA: More States Discussing Secession

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPenguin, on 11 November 2012 - 09:17 AM, said:

In this hypothetical situation....the southern states would not come out well imo. I think splitting this country up would be a horrible idea. unless we somehow split and became like...a stronger version of the EU...which is what the US was supposed to be in the first place.

why do you think the states that grow all of the food wouldnt do so well?

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 11 November 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

why do you think the states that grow all of the food wouldnt do so well?

Actually Arkansas is a state that can be self sufficient.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
this kind of talk really highlites how selfish and intolerant we have become as a society. a country where the majority rules is worthless if the minority is just going to quit if they dont get their way. why would i want to go be a resident in a new country that i know will quit on me if the population decides they want something different? what i want is a government that will respect the wishes of the majority. now if you claim the majority is stupid then you need to work on educating/changing the views of the public but dont ever try to change the government to ignore the majority. i voted republican this year and i dont like that obama won, but he did and he has my support. i hope he turns us around and we are better for having him in office. i wont cheer for his failures just because a party will gain politically over it.

if your party is more important to you than my country, then please do go away and form a new country. i wont miss you. this is how people talk when they dont know how to be a part of the solution and just want to cry like bitches because they lost an election. democrats need to get off their high horse and realize that they really arent better than everyone else regardless of how many years they spend in college, and republicans need to grow the Posted Image up and quit thinking their way is the only way. there are many roads to success and tunnel vision is not one of them. if you cheer for the failure of my government, you are not a patriot. if you discount 50% of the population as being "uneducated therefore irrelevant" you are not a patriot.

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
we need to split like the united kingdom.  a collective military and bare bones government with each "state" ie wales, northern ireland, scottland, england, making their own laws and decisions.  let them have their homosexual marriage and abortion and let us govern ourselves how we see fit....ie guns, pro life, etc...

we dont all have to be miserable.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
and another thing.... when we declared our independence we were financially and militarily outmatched by england. the reason we got our independence is because our forefathers were brilliant men and the leadership of england were some of the most ignorant and least qualified. we are becoming the modern england and we are the ignorant and least qualified government. we need to get back to the days of brilliant men leading our country but i dont think that will happen until we quit performing character assassination on every politician that threatens our political parties power. the men most qualified to run this country dont want the job and certainly wouldn't put their family through the bloodbath that is an election. most of our media need to be reallocated to factory work.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 11 November 2012 - 05:34 PM, said:

we need to split like the united kingdom.  a collective military and bare bones government with each "state" ie wales, northern ireland, scottland, england, making their own laws and decisions.  let them have their homosexual marriage and abortion and let us govern ourselves how we see fit....ie guns, pro life, etc...

we dont all have to be miserable.

no... as a southern man i dont want to see the return of slavery. sorry.

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't think your sources are... what is that word... oh yeah, "reliable".
Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 11 November 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

no... as a southern man i dont want to see the return of slavery. sorry.

seriously?  you think any state in this modern era would legitimately be a proponent of slavery?  really?  (excluding those in oxford of course)

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
So much talk about recession now that Obama got re-elected.

I guess these same people weren't too concerned when the Bush administration got into 2 wars, legalized torture and detaining of US citizens without warrants, warrantless wiretaps, and by passed much of the Constitution with the Patriot act.  

Had Obama done half of what job did, this country would have already descended into a civil war.
Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 11 November 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

So much talk about recession now that Obama got re-elected.

I guess these same people weren't too concerned when the Bush administration got into 2 wars, legalized torture and detaining of US citizens without warrants, warrantless wiretaps, and by passed much of the Constitution with the Patriot act.  

Had Obama done half of what job did, this country would have already descended into a civil war.

we have replaced torture with flying drones into village markets without concern for innocents... gitmo is still open and we entered/funded libya and are still at risk of going to war with iran. ya youre right, your party is clean as a whistle and those Posted Imageing reds are the cause of all the problems. quit being a party whore and look at whats going on around you. party whoring is ruining this country and youre riding her down like an 18 year old whore from beverly hills.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postshamoan, on 11 November 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:

seriously?  you think any state in this modern era would legitimately be a proponent of slavery?  really?  (excluding those in oxford of course)

i think racism in the south is mostly tempered by fear of public humiliation... remove the fear of being judged a racist and i think things in the south could get really weird. those generations are dying out slowly and the culture is changing for the better, but we still need to wait about 50 more years to get a reasonable culture change down here.

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 11 November 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

we have replaced torture with flying drones into village markets without concern for innocents... gitmo is still open and we entered/funded libya and are still at risk of going to war with iran. ya youre right, your party is clean as a whistle and those :lanekiffin:ing reds are the cause of all the problems. quit being a party whore and look at whats going on around you. party whoring is ruining this country and youre riding her down like an 18 year old whore from beverly hills.

Lol... 2 of the 3 things you said are things that Bush did when in office, so thanks for making my point for me.  No one seemed to care that much when Bush did it, but now that it's Obama, everyone has a problem with it.

And I'm not a party whore.  You brought up the parties, I didn't.  I'm sorry that facts make you so angry.
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Comon folks the Democrats had these same thought when Bush got re-elected. The Republicans are just getting their turn.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 11 November 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

Lol... 2 of the 3 things you said are things that Bush did when in office, so thanks for making my point for me.  No one seemed to care that much when Bush did it, but now that it's Obama, everyone has a problem with it.

And I'm not a party whore.  You brought up the parties, I didn't.  I'm sorry that facts make you so angry.

well since you have no interest in an honest conversation ill leave you to repub bashing and dem stroking.

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 11 November 2012 - 05:48 PM, said:

i think racism in the south is mostly tempered by fear of public humiliation... remove the fear of being judged a racist and i think things in the south could get really weird. those generations are dying out slowly and the culture is changing for the better, but we still need to wait about 50 more years to get a reasonable culture change down here.

You're wrong.  There is no racism left in the US, except for those blacks being racism against white people.  I know this because everyone here said it was so.

What about those racist protest at Ole Miss recently you may ask?  They were actually Obama shills and were faking their racism.  I know this because Rush Limbaugh said so, and I read it on a website with cool graphics.
Posted Image