Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

proof that universities are indoctrinating our youth...

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPork Rinds, on 10 November 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

My dad doesn't have a college degree, yet he's the most intelligent person I know.

intelligence and education are not the same

Pork Rinds

Pork Rinds

Boared Cynic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know, that's the point I'm trying to make.

No education doesn't mean uninformed and ignorant.

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Heck I got a 5 year college education and have been out for a year and a half and don't remember anything.

But I tend to think I'm very intelligent.  Street smarts, one would say.

FIRE EVERYONE

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 10 November 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Mitt Romney was a terrible candidate running a crap campaign.  They couldn't buy the churchy faith that Romney was selling his base. Step outside that ring and look at him again.  Those are not misled college kids.  Those are educated people that think more analytically, mathematically, critically than people who have faith in "core values" and "principal" and accepted Romney at face value.

Just more butt hurt repubs.  MITT ROMNEY WAS GARBAGE FOR A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.  Plus his campaign alienated too many voters.  Think about how much money they threw at the problem and still lost.  It's the same thing they would have done with this country.  They are out of touch with Americans and it cost the election.  How are you going to toe that hard line, not divulge more of your ideas to fix the problem and still expect to win?

Obama sucks balls and Liberals are fools, but I agree with everything in this post.

I was infuriated when Romney got the nomination, even more so when Ron Paul's Republican Convention supporters were told they couldn't vote for him like delegates ALWAYS vote at the convention. Romney and the Republican establishment played dirty and undermined the entire convention system to make sure there was no threat of Romney not getting solid backing at the convention. When you have to cheat just to look like your OWN PARTY backs you, how can you expect to pull in voters outside the party?

Republicans are idiots.

http://www.usnews.co...-gop-convention

http://www.huffingto..._n_1837556.html

Romney got the Republican Party to rapidly pass a new law for their conventions because he knew Paul was going to get a lot of delegate votes. Yet he wonders why he lost the election? Hmm... I think the Maine delegates said it best in August:

"We would have probably stood in line and voted for Romney in November, but not if he's going to do this for us," he says. "Not if he's going to disenfranchise the voters of the state of Maine. If you're going to do that, I will not stand with this party. This is ridiculous. These people were elected by the state and they're not allowed to be on the floor."

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMatt, on 10 November 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

It's funny how old people getting a SS check from the government disdain government spending.

Actually they disdain the liberal agenda but like their check more

Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
you do realize that SS is withdrawn from our check not as a tax, but as an investment in our retirement right?

pondwater jack

pondwater jack

on the twittler @PondwaterJack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
folks all i care about is that Mitt Romney caint touch my disability.  I have never been happier than the days obama got elected.  well except for the day i hurt my back and got to retire.  
obama cares about the little guy.  gives us phones and free medical.  who wouldnt like that?

listen.  today i am able to stay home and take care of me.  i spent yesterday on the bank of the river pullin in carp to smoke with a cane pole and a trebble hook.  today i got to rest the soreness out of it.  so i am about to go play bingo for a couple of hours.  if i had a job i would be FORCEd to wirk the soreness out from snaggin those fish yesterday.

as long as they are giving away yhe money to the people who need it....i am for the democrats.

j holly blasingame

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postpondwater jack, on 12 November 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

folks all i care about is that Mitt Romney caint touch my disability.  I have never been happier than the days obama got elected.  well except for the day i hurt my back and got to retire.  
obama cares about the little guy.  gives us phones and free medical.  who wouldnt like that?

listen.  today i am able to stay home and take care of me.  i spent yesterday on the bank of the river pullin in carp to smoke with a cane pole and a trebble hook.  today i got to rest the soreness out of it.  so i am about to go play bingo for a couple of hours.  if i had a job i would be FORCEd to wirk the soreness out from snaggin those fish yesterday.

as long as they are giving away yhe money to the people who need it....i am for the democrats.

j holly blasingame

lol
Posted Image

pondwater jack

pondwater jack

on the twittler @PondwaterJack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 12 November 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

lol
what are you laughin at.

wait til you are 56 and down in the back.  and i got to borry a roof nailer and shingle my neighbors house to make ends meat.  it must be nice to have a law degree...

the Paradox

the Paradox

Supergenius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMatt, on 10 November 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

It's funny how old people getting a SS check from the government disdain government spending.

Social Security is funded by workers. In case you have not noticed, it is a tax that is involuntarily taken from one's pay that ideally is an investment.

RTR

Edited by the Paradox, 12 November 2012 - 11:21 AM.

Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 10 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

you do realize that SS is withdrawn from our check not as a tax, but as an investment in our retirement right?

Uh no its not. Perfect various court precedents along with the way the funds have been used historically, from the govt perspective there is  no difference between a dollar of ss tax and a dollar of income tax

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postthe Paradox, on 12 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

Social Security is funded by workers. In case you have not noticed, it is a tax that is involuntarily taken from one's pay that ideally is an investment.

RTR
incorrect

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postthe Paradox, on 12 November 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

RTR

And so what?  It's a tax, and the proceeds are being used for spending.  Isn't that by definition "government spending"?
Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
the fact that our SS money is being used for something other than SS Payments is the problem. Thats the precedent that should have never happened. WE give them 30% of our god damned paycheck and they still cant stay the Posted Image out of our retirement money. at what point are dems going to admit our governments spending is so Posted Imageed that we need a radical financial overhaul?