Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

proof that universities are indoctrinating our youth...

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 10 November 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

If you correlate ages most people out grow liberalism.

Very true...from 18-29, we tend to live more "liberal" lives...around 30 most folks tend to settle down, have families and become much more conservative in our thinking.  

View PostSECorBust, on 10 November 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

Mitt Romney was a terrible candidate running a crap campaign.  They couldn't buy the churchy faith that Romney was selling his base. Step outside that ring and look at him again.  Those are not misled college kids.  Those are educated people that think more analytically, mathematically, critically than people who have faith in "core values" and "principal" and accepted Romney at face value.

Just more butt hurt repubs.  MITT ROMNEY WAS GARBAGE FOR A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE.  Plus his campaign alienated too many voters.  Think about how much money they threw at the problem and still lost.  It's the same thing they would have done with this country.  They are out of touch with Americans and it cost the election.  How are you going to toe that hard line, not divulge more of your ideas to fix the problem and still expect to win?

BS...even Chris "I get a tingle up my leg every time Obama speaks" Matthews admitted that had the election been held 8 days sooner, Romney wins.  Just bad luck for Romney...Hurricane Sandy one week before the election...stopped Williard's momentum...and Barry used it as a photo-op...did hundreds of Red Cross commercials..especially in swing states (I must have seen a 100 of them over that week).

The Doctor

The Doctor

Wibbly Wobbley Timey Wimey

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I find it funny when hardcore Christians accuse anybody else of indoctrination.

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Doctor, on 10 November 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

I find it funny when hardcore Christians accuse anybody else of indoctrination.

Flawed logic there...education is mandatory...religion isn't.

The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHunter, on 10 November 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

Not flawed logic at all. Most christians require their children to go to church, the child never has an option.

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHunter, on 10 November 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:

I don't think you know what "indoctrination" means.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The least surprising thing about that list? Alabama being on the list on the right

:trollface:

Edited by GatorHater24, 10 November 2012 - 11:19 AM.

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Doctor, on 10 November 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

Not flawed logic at all. Most christians require their children to go to church, the child never has an option.

True...my father is one of those parents...as am I...but we're not talking about children.  We're talking about adults...and adults can decide whether or not to go to church...it doesn't affect them financially.  Education is required.

View PostGatorLaw, on 10 November 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

I don't think you know what "indoctrination" means.

Oh...I know what it means...I just felt like bloviating...quick example, my buddy Brett had parents that were religious...as long as he lived under their roof...he had to attend church.  However, when he left for college, he quit going...he became an electrical engineer and credits his sociology professor for his current liberal political views...he's becoming more conservative in his thinking, however...having two sets of twin girls will do that to ya. :)

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Doctor, on 10 November 2012 - 11:13 AM, said:

So kids shouldn't be forced to go to school right?

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDawg, on 10 November 2012 - 06:16 AM, said:

I don't think it's any surprise that college kids tend to vote dem. whether they stay dem or not is a different story. Everybody had that friend who went off to college and turned into a hippie overnight. It's weird. But I'm one of those 19% from MS who voted red.... Not bc college effected me but bc I'm a financially responsible person and I want my country to be too.
They tend to vote dem until they either 1)cant find a job because the dems taxes are keeping job creation down or 2)they get a good paying job and realize how bad democratic taxes are.
There is a good majority of these younger people who havent worked in the economy where democratic taxes are taken.
The two parts of what is more commonly known as "The Bush Tax Cuts" were set in 2001 and 2003. I only had a parttime job mowing yards when the first was passed in 2001. If these Bush tax cuts end, it will be a rude awakening for a lot of people who voted for Obama. They see that he wants to raise the taxes on the top 1%, little do they know, it will get raised on them as well.

View PostSECats, on 10 November 2012 - 07:47 AM, said:

It's amazing that they are so stupid at the polls since they are so "educated".  Then again, you can't win elections against Santa.

Obama was giving away free stuff, Romeny wanted to give you a job to work for your stuff. It seems really simple why Obama won when you look at it that way. It will be hard to beat Santa in an election.

Edited by BlackSheep 171, 10 November 2012 - 11:54 AM.

Perine.jpg
Samaje Perine - NCAA Single Game Record 427 Rushing Yards

#21 Oklahoma 8-3 (5-3) vs Oklahoma State 5-6 (3-5) Dec 6th

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
lol did you guys really take this thread serious? and i can honestly say this is the first time in my life ive been called a hardcore christian, not sure whether i should feel proud or offended.

The Doctor

The Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 10 November 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

So kids shouldn't be forced to go to school right?

Not what I'm saying at all. I was just pointing out the irony.

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Doctor, on 10 November 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Not what I'm saying at all. I was just pointing out the irony.

Parents are in charge of raising their children how they see fit. I could make the same claim that children born of atheists do not have the chance to go to church while they are young. Your point of irony goes both ways.

Pork Rinds

Pork Rinds

Boared Cynic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My dad doesn't have a college degree, yet he's the most intelligent person I know.
Posted Image

Matt

Matt

NashVol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 10 November 2012 - 08:21 AM, said:

If you correlate ages most people out grow liberalism.

It's funny how old people getting a SS check from the government disdain government spending.

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 10 November 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

Just a heads up...according to SECats, if you don't suckle at the teet of Limbaugh, you're a rat commie bastard

Rush is right.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four