Sup y'all - Page 2 - Introductions - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Sup y'all

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Welcome. I do have one question though. What's with this "anchor down" thing that Vandy has started? I mean when a ship puts its anchor down that pretty much means it's immobilized and not going anywhere. Would it not make more sense to say something like "full speed ahead" or just rip off the Navy and use "anchors away"? Just a thought.

Edited by Darth Vader, 13 November 2012 - 03:00 PM.

Posted Image

THE_KRIEG

THE_KRIEG
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Need more LSU fans. Crawdaddy was a quality LSU poster. I wonder where GeauxTo is pasting his forwarded emails to now

welcome

Posted Image

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDarth Vader, on 13 November 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

Welcome. I do have one question though. What's with this "anchor down" thing that Vandy has started? I mean when a ship puts its anchor down that pretty much means it's immobilized and not going anywhere. Would it not make more sense to say something like "full speed ahead" or just rip off the Navy and use "anchors away"? Just a thought.

Anchor down : to attack the opponent with a positive outcome anticipated.
I always think of an anchor being the most important part of a team, say in a race, but this Vanderbilt team is a family, and they are all just as important as the guy beside them. So they all kinda serve as an anchor. Anchor down could stand for the fact that this  is the new Vanderbilt and we are here to stay, or for the defense to anchor down and not let the offense move you. I dont really think it has one true meaning.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Welcome aboard.  Enjoy the last two W's against us because we're putting an end to that next season.  Look forward to making the rest of Stallings' hair fall out in a few months.
Posted Image