Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Latest Topics



Latest News

Top Bettors


Top High Fived



Official 2012-2013 Basketball Thread

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

#241
UAdan

UAdan

    Puke, inside-of-a-pumpkin orange

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    24,297
  • Joined:
    May 2007
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    7,346
I remember seeing Ole Miss' schedule a few weeks ago and it was pretty lame. I won't be surprised at all if they are undefeated entering conference play. I believe they're a solid team, but I don't think they'll be as good as their OOC record will indicate. I haven't checked LSU's.

@Mizzou_Fan congrats on your win vs VCU. We have to play them at their place in a few weeks. Not feelin' too great about that game.

Blake "The Snake" Sims


Posted Image


ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014


6-1 (3-1)

Next Game: @ Tennessee Volunteers

Knoxville, Tennessee

Neyland Stadium


#242
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

    Hail State!

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,180
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    800
  • High Fives:
    5,629

View PostUAdan, on 25 November 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

I remember seeing Ole Miss' schedule a few weeks ago and it was pretty lame. I won't be surprised at all if they are undefeated entering conference play. I believe they're a solid team, but I don't think they'll be as good as their OOC record will indicate. I haven't checked LSU's.

@Mizzou_Fan congrats on your win vs VCU. We have to play them at their place in a few weeks. Not feelin' too great about that game.
VCU is a good team and when you guys play them it will certainly be close. We are going to struggle if we don't get Dixon back soon. The only person that can handle the ball is Pressey and all of the other teams know that. Once we get Dixon and Brown we will have a couple people who can knock down shots and handle the ball but until then Pressey is our whole team.

#243
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

    Hail State!

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,180
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    800
  • High Fives:
    5,629
You :lanekiffin: ers better not lose the SEC/Big East challenge.

#244
adfalcon

adfalcon

    Bo > all

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    9,179
  • Joined:
    Sep 2012
  • Location:
    The 'Sipp
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    4,566
Bitch we got Rutgers in the bag
#3 Ole Miss Rebels: 7-0(4-0)

GTH LSU

Posted Image
Formerly known as #ThisisMULLENSstate

#245
tawoody

tawoody
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    355
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    132

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 25 November 2012 - 06:21 PM, said:

Here are the current records of each team.

Alabama 5-0

Florida 5-0

Ole Miss 5-0

LSU 4-0

Missouri 5-1

Kentucky 4-1

South Carolina 4-1

Texas A&M 4-1

Tennessee 3-1

Arkansas 3-2

Auburn 2-3

Georgia 2-4

Vanderbilt 1-3

Mississippi State 1-4


I am curios as to who  Ole Miss and LSU have played. Have you guys played real competition or a bunch of mid majors?

I don't even know if I would call who we have played thus far mid majors.  Our schedule starts out really weak but we have put up at least 90+ in 4 of our 5 games and held them to an average of 55 points.  We currently lead the nation in margin of victory (+33.5) and turnover margin (+9.6).  Rutgers will be our first test even though they are only an average team, but our schedule from here on gets a little better with a road game at Middle Tennessee coming up and our Holliday tournament.

Edited by tawoody, 29 November 2012 - 02:07 PM.

Posted Image

#246
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

    Hail State!

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,180
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    800
  • High Fives:
    5,629

View Posttawoody, on 29 November 2012 - 02:06 PM, said:

I don't even know if I would call who we have played thus far mid majors.  Our schedule starts out really weak but we have put up at least 90+ in 4 of our 5 games and held them to an average of 55 points.  We currently lead the nation in margin of victory (+33.5) and turnover margin (+9.6).  Rutgers will be our first test even though they are only an average team, but our schedule from here on gets a little better with a road game at Middle Tennessee coming up and our Holliday tournament.
I was just wondering because I didn't expect Ole Miss was going to be that good and I was surprised that they were undefeated.

#247
tawoody

tawoody
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    355
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    May 2008
  • Location:
    Mississippi
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    132

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 29 November 2012 - 03:27 PM, said:

I was just wondering because I didn't expect Ole Miss was going to be that good and I was surprised that they were undefeated.

We are very good for Ole Miss standards.  We have a good point guard, plenty of good guards, two veteran post guys, and solid back ups.  We should be in every game we play this year and I will be very disappointed if we don't make the tournament with ease.
Posted Image

#248
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,614
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,986
Notre Dame has won 40/41 home games...they return all their starters and we gotta play em. Damn. If we lose this won beating UL will be damn near impossible
Posted Image

#249
Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan

    Hail State!

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    10,180
  • Joined:
    Jun 2012
  • Cash:
    800
  • High Fives:
    5,629

View PostUK4Life, on 29 November 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Notre Dame has won 40/41 home games...they return all their starters and we gotta play em. Damn. If we lose this won beating UL will be damn near impossible
You guys will beat ND by like 20. Just like at their schedule and you can tell that they haven't done anything impressive and they haven't played that good of competition.

#250
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,348
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,182

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 29 November 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:


You guys will beat ND by like 20. Just like at their schedule and you can tell that they haven't done anything impressive and they haven't played that good of competition.

Well...so much for that
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

#251
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,614
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,986
smh....long season ahead of us.
Posted Image

#252
CockyinCola

CockyinCola

    FOURever to Thee

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,215
  • Age:
    22
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Location:
    Columbia, SC
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,965
we are getting raped by St. John's. sorry fellas
Posted Image

#253
MizzouMark

MizzouMark
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,348
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    4,182

View PostCockyinCola, on 29 November 2012 - 07:22 PM, said:

we are getting raped by St. John's. sorry fellas

Give yourselves a few more years. I think you guys will be pretty good in another 2 years or so
Posted Image
Credit: Justin King

#254
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,614
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,986
games far from over. This is our spurt. It can't fizzle out.
Posted Image

#255
UK4Life

UK4Life
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    4,614
  • Age:
    26
  • Joined:
    Jan 2012
  • Cash:
    1,000
  • High Fives:
    1,986
its over
Posted Image