when the lord comes to take christians to heaven.... - Page 3 - Think Tank - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

when the lord comes to take christians to heaven....

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
241 replies to this topic

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTigerWalk, on 08 November 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

Which to be fair to real Christianity, ANYONE can claim to be Christian and to be doing things in the name of God. Atheist always proudly and smugly proclaim "Christians have committed genocide thoughout history", when in reality those people weren't acting under Gods authority and were in direct contradiction of the Bible, which clearly defines what a Christian actually is.

The fact is that there are a lot of self proclaimed Christians who have done some terrible things, actual Christians as defined by the Bible have not.
To counter that, Stalin and Mao's mass genocides were not done because of their atheism or in the name of atheism.
They were done because Stalin and Mao were ego-maniacal, power-hungry, arrogant, crazy :lanekiffin: tards.

As for the bit about atheists being smug, careful about that judgement there, o agent of Christ.
There's a shite ton more stuff been done arrogantly in the name of Christ than there ever has been by an atheist.

Why? it's simple; everyone is born an atheist. Religious dogma, like racism, is a learned trait.
Your original church, the Catholic church, is the oldest, and by far the worst offender, but Prots haven't been lacking either.

Edited by FCNdawg, 08 November 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image

Formerly known as FCNDawg

pondwater jack

pondwater jack

on the twittler @PondwaterJack

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i hope i can jump on the wagon once he clicks the rains and is lookin the other way...I might throw wook a bottle of water so he can pour it on his burning head...ha ha....

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFCNdawg, on 08 November 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

To counter that, Stalin and Mao's mass genocides were not done because of their atheism or in the name of atheism.
They were done because Stalin and Mao were ego-maniacal, power-hungry, arrogant, crazy :lanekiffin: tards.

As for the bit about atheists being smug, careful about that judgement there, o agent of Christ.
There's a shite ton more stuff been done arrogantly in the name of Christ than there ever has been by an atheist.

Why? it's simple; everyone is born an atheist. Religious dogma, like racism, is a learned trait.
Your original church, the Catholic church, is the oldest, and by far the worst offender, but Prots haven't been lacking either.

its a lot easier to find an arrogant ego manic atheist than it is to find a genocidal christian. this board is loaded with them.

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There are egomaniacal Posted Imagetards doing terrible things  in the Lord's name or in the name of science. Whatever they claim is only a justification or backdrop for the fact that they're evil.

My sarcastic point was that blaming Christianity for evil things done in God's name is like blaming brunettes for causing murderers.
Posted Image
Formerly known as gatorhater

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Oh yeah, and Hitler was a Christian because he says so???  What?
Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFCNdawg, on 08 November 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

I shat all over myself when I was born too. But at some point, I learned.
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 08 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

its a lot easier to find an arrogant ego manic atheist than it is to find a genocidal christian. this board is loaded with them.
Yet you will find that most of the fundie Christians on this board are the most prolific ad hominem abusers.
For instance, a particular, big-time, fundie, who I would assert has never read his code for living in it's entirety, got irritable when I stated that the Teabaggers and Repubs got what was coming to them for disrespecting a certain voting bloc they could have had (one that you seem to align with) and his response "You are a chicken shit."

^Same for any religious discussion anyone tries to have with him that isn't honkey-dorey with his literalist worldview.

Posted Image

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 08 November 2012 - 08:25 PM, said:

Oh... we atheist are the arrogant ones?

I'm sorry that I don't believe Christians when they tell me that they know more than scientists and know (without evidence) how life, the earth and the universe came to me.  Not only don't they know all these things, but they claim to have a personal relationship with the creator of the whole universe.  This creator is obsessed with everything they do, and guides them on their everyday life.

I didn't realize that we atheist were the arrogant ones.
Original Image: <a href='http://i.imgur.com/7wCat.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/7wCat.gif</a>

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFCNdawg, on 08 November 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

Yet you will find that most of the fundie Christians on this board are the most prolific ad hominem abusers.
For instance, a particular, big-time, fundie, who I would assert has never read his code for living in it's entirety, got irritable when I stated that the Teabaggers and Repubs got what was coming to them for disrespecting a certain voting bloc they could have had (one that you seem to align with) and his response "You are a chicken shit."

^Same for any religious discussion anyone tries to have with him that isn't honkey-dorey with his literalist worldview.

im not your average christian. my television only leaves the science channel to watch football, sons of anarchy and justified.

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 08 November 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

There are egomaniacal :lanekiffin:tards doing terrible things  in the Lord's name or in the name of science. Whatever they claim is only a justification or backdrop for the fact that they're evil.

My sarcastic point was that blaming Christianity for evil things done in God's name is like blaming brunettes for causing murderers.

If the Christia

View PostHerschel Talker, on 08 November 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Oh yeah, and Hitler was a Christian because he says so???  What?

So how else do you judge who is Christians if it's not by how they self identify?
Original Image: <a href='http://i.imgur.com/7wCat.gif' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='external'>http://i.imgur.com/7wCat.gif</a>

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 08 November 2012 - 08:31 PM, said:

Oh... we atheist are the arrogant ones?

I'm sorry that I don't believe Christians when they tell me that they know more than scientists and know (without evidence) how life, the earth and the universe came to me.  Not only don't they know all these things, but they claim to have a personal relationship with the creator of the whole universe.  This creator is obsessed with everything they do, and guides them on their everyday life.

I didn't realize that we atheist were the arrogant ones.

i rest my case

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 08 November 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

If the Christia

So how else do you judge who is Christians if it's not by how they self identify?

hold a gun to their head and tell them to denounce christ, if they do they arent. if they dont they are.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 08 November 2012 - 08:30 PM, said:

I shat all over myself when I was born too. But at some point, I learned.
Yes, you did.

I would hazard a guess that, like myself, you were systematically taught about Yeshua and YHWH, and had it re-enforced every Sunday, and sometimes during the summer, for a full week.

Christians are atheists in regards to Islam, Wicca, Zoroastrianism, and Paganism.
We atheists just go one step further than y'all. :)

Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 08 November 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

im not your average christian. my television only leaves the science channel to watch football, sons of anarchy and justified.
Indeed you aren't; you appear to watch decent/great shows (You seem to have forgotten Breaking Bad.) :cheers:

Edited by FCNdawg, 08 November 2012 - 08:35 PM.

Posted Image

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 08 November 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

He was outspoken against Atheism and compared it to communism and jewish principles. He reaffirmed his christian status in Mein Kampf numerous times. It's not even a debate.

By virtue of his actions, he was not a Christian.

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul