when the lord comes to take christians to heaven.... - Page 2 - Think Tank - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

when the lord comes to take christians to heaven....

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
241 replies to this topic

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 08 November 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Hitler was a Catholic. So was Mussolini. We don't really want to get into which side has committed worse genocide - atheists or christians. Christians will win that argument, as they've gone out of their way to prove so throughout history.

claiming hitler was a catholic is like claiming undercover dea agents are drug dealers.

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 08 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

claiming hitler was a catholic is like claiming undercover dea agents are drug dealers.

He was outspoken against Atheism and compared it to communism and jewish principles. He reaffirmed his christian status in Mein Kampf numerous times. It's not even a debate.
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 08 November 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

He was outspoken against Atheism and compared it to communism and jewish principles. He reaffirmed his christian status in Mein Kampf numerous times. It's not even a debate.

georgias defense sucks

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 08 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

georgias defense sucks

John L. Smith
Posted Image
MARK RICHT MAKES GOOD HIRE, HELL HAS FROZEN OVER

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 08 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

John L. Smith

ok hitler was a catholic

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
I expect good things from this... do not disappoint me internet I need some funnies.
Posted Image   

Seriously. A season I will never forget.

Posted Image

TigerWalk

TigerWalk
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 08 November 2012 - 04:50 PM, said:

Hitler was a Catholic. So was Mussolini. We don't really want to get into which side has committed worse genocide - atheists or christians. Christians will win that argument, as they've gone out of their way to prove so throughout history.

Which to be fair to real Christianity, ANYONE can claim to be Christian and to be doing things in the name of God. Atheist always proudly and smugly proclaim "Christians have committed genocide thoughout history", when in reality those people weren't acting under Gods authority and were in direct contradiction of the Bible, which clearly defines what a Christian actually is.

The fact is that there are a lot of self proclaimed Christians who have done some terrible things, actual Christians as defined by the Bible have not.
Formerly known as Miden

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostTigerWalk, on 08 November 2012 - 05:38 PM, said:

Which to be fair to real Christianity, ANYONE can claim to be Christian and to be doing things in the name of God. Atheist always proudly and smugly proclaim "Christians have committed genocide thoughout history", when in reality those people weren't acting under Gods authority and were in direct contradiction of the Bible, which clearly defines what a Christian actually is.

The fact is that there are a lot of self proclaimed Christians who have done some terrible things, actual Christians as defined by the Bible have not.

I'm an actual christian and I've done some pretty messed up stuff. Read about any of the apostles, most of them were pretty messed up before meeting Christ. Christians have messed up a lot, thats kinda the point.
Posted Image   

Posted Image

Ocho

Ocho

Raising the gnar.

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
For the record, the Bible does not contain the word 'rapture'. The Bible teaches that Jesus will come back and recreate the earth, and Heaven will exist as a physical place on earth, not an ethereal realm with harps and robes. So, its more like when the good Lord brings Heaven to us.

Carry on.
....Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation....

TigerWalk

TigerWalk
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPenguin, on 08 November 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I'm an actual christian and I've done some pretty messed up stuff. Read about any of the apostles, most of them were pretty messed up before meeting Christ. Christians have messed up a lot, thats kinda the point.

Messed up stuff? Like rape and genocide in the name of your religion?

I'm speaking in refernce to Therealbraves post about all the genocides, and really terrible acts commited by people supposedly in the name of chrisitanity vs Athiests.

Also as a point of historical accuracy that I didn't put in my other post. Mussolini was a self proclaimed athiest for much of his life. His only real association with the Catholic Church was being forcibly raised into it by his mother. He appealed to the pope and such for political reasons in his career, but he was far from ever being 'religious' in any way.

Edited by TigerWalk, 08 November 2012 - 06:04 PM.

Formerly known as Miden

Penguin

Penguin
  • Banned
  • Cash:

View PostTigerWalk, on 08 November 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Messed up stuff? Like rape and genocide in the name of your religion?

I'm speaking in refernce to Therealbraves post about all the genocides, and really terrible acts commited by so called Christians vs Athiests.

Also as a point of historical accuracy that I didn't put in my other post. Mussolini was a self proclaimed athiest for much of his life. His only real association with the Catholic Church was being forcibly raised into it by his mother. He appealed to the pope and such for political reasons in his career, but he was far from ever being 'religious' in any way.

if every sin is equal then my premarital sex is the same as murder, rape, or genocide. This is why we don't judge homosexuals or anyone else.
Posted Image   

Posted Image

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 08 November 2012 - 03:52 PM, said:

Look at how much good has come of naturalism. Hitler, Stalin, Mao....ahhhh, those were the good ole days when everything was safe and chill.

Even if for the sake of argument I were to accept what you say is true, it says nothing about "naturalism."

The perceived consequences of holding a belief say nothing as to whether the belief is true or not.
Posted Image

TigerWalk

TigerWalk
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPenguin, on 08 November 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

if every sin is equal then my premarital sex is the same as murder, rape, or genocide. This is why we don't judge homosexuals or anyone else.

I'm not saying Christians never do any wrong. You're taking my argument completely out of context here. Again, I'm talking of people who commit great sins, who do it in the name of God and Christianity, when there is absolutely NO authority given to them. Such as Hitler cleansing Christianity of the Jews. That is a grave sin that has no authority from God behind it. That along with hitlers other public beliefs which contradict entirely with the Bible, means he was not what the Bible describes and commands of a true Christian.

Also, every sin isn't equal. Now unrepented sin does lead to the same result regardless of it's severity. They are equal in respect to what occurs if you choose not to repent, but the Bible does give some clear examples of sins which are deemed worse than others. Many times the idea being that if you know the sin is wrong, it is deemed worse for you to commit it than it would be for someone who truly is ignorant to what they are doing..

As early as Genesis 13:3 you see:
13 But the men of Sodom were exceedingly wicked and sinful against the Lord.

John 19:11 describes a greater sin in Jesus talking to Pilate

Jesus answered, “You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin.”

And then there is this:
Luke 12:47-48

And that servant who knew his master’s will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. 48 But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.
Formerly known as Miden

Titans4Vols

Titans4Vols
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostTheRealBrave, on 08 November 2012 - 04:57 PM, said:

John L. Smith

Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead