Any entrepreneurs here???? - Page 4 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 4

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Any entrepreneurs here????

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHerschel Talker, on 08 November 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

I've never sold anything to hothotz either.  Cheap fkr

Lolz, I promise I beat the big guy in trade deals!

take Halo 4: when it comes out both me and GS offer 30.00 well after about 30 days they take it down to maybe 22.00 while maintaining the sale sale price. I stay at 30 until I start getting more then four or five on the shelf at one time. Then I start adjusting pricing.

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've no idea about opening newlocations.

X2 on the hard copy; I like to have a physical copy with the branded packaging.  My wife DL a few games.  The older guys probably don't care so much about taking it over to friend's houses.  The market for games to the 21-35 guys is probably pretty big.  

I don't think GS is near so bad on their trade-ins as stated.  It whacks you in the gut, but if you're getting money/credit for something that you don't use anymore then it is a good service IMO.  Bring in a bunch of junk and swap out for a better game = win win.  I like to wait and buy a great used game for about 35 bucks or find a really old title that I liked for about $8

I have a friend who friended (FB) a local mom/pop type game store in Mgry.  I should check them out because I probably could find some better deals and support smaller business.  I saw that they were hosting a N64 007 tournament or something like that the other day and it drew my interest.

Posted Image

Apes

Apes
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I want to offer you the other point of view.

I have first handed watched a very lucrative business miss out on expansion opportunities, which caused it's demise.
The owner feared growing too fast, so he turned down a chance to expand into other markets. Once the market he primary sold in started failing, he had no backup plan.
It was a sad situation to experience...especially for his family. In less than 5 short years, the company went from the top of its industry to bankrupt.

I'm not saying you should expand...I'm just saying that if the opportunity is there...do some research and a lot of deep thinking.
Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 09 November 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

I've no idea about opening newlocations.

X2 on the hard copy; I like to have a physical copy with the branded packaging.  My wife DL a few games.  The older guys probably don't care so much about taking it over to friend's houses.  The market for games to the 21-35 guys is probably pretty big.  

I don't think GS is near so bad on their trade-ins as stated.  It whacks you in the gut, but if you're getting money/credit for something that you don't use anymore then it is a good service IMO.  Bring in a bunch of junk and swap out for a better game = win win.  I like to wait and buy a great used game for about 35 bucks or find a really old title that I liked for about $8

I have a friend who friended (FB) a local mom/pop type game store in Mgry.  I should check them out because I probably could find some better deals and support smaller business.  I saw that they were hosting a N64 007 tournament or something like that the other day and it drew my interest.

Trading games is a awesome service :) but giving someone 20 bucks for a game bought at 60 a little over a month is not cool. I always try to beat GS in credit and prices. Please support your local game shop over any huge chain retailer. Funny you mentioned a N64 tourny. We just got done with a Halo one. ( the original Halo.)

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostApes, on 09 November 2012 - 07:51 AM, said:

I want to offer you the other point of view.

I have first handed watched a very lucrative business miss out on expansion opportunities, which caused it's demise.
The owner feared growing too fast, so he turned down a chance to expand into other markets. Once the market he primary sold in started failing, he had no backup plan.
It was a sad situation to experience...especially for his family. In less than 5 short years, the company went from the top of its industry to bankrupt.

I'm not saying you should expand...I'm just saying that if the opportunity is there...do some research and a lot of deep thinking.

Everything you say is great advice. Then I looked at your sig lol.

Thank you for your advice though.

Apes

Apes
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 09 November 2012 - 07:52 AM, said:

Everything you say is great advice. Then I looked at your sig lol.

Thank you for your advice though.

haha, it's all good.
The advise though, it genuine. ;)
Posted Image

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There is something to be said for go big or go home  but when it comes to finances there might not be a home to go to if you do that.

Trump has filed for bankruptcy how many times?  3-4?

I would say play it safe and build it the smart way.   maybe open one store slightly after another.   I also see video game sales as a dead market with online becoming so popular and downloading games might be in the near future.  

large amounts of informaton is getting cheeper and cheeper to move.    No overhead for cases  artwork  printing,  packaging  delivery.     Its smarter all the way around

Edited by AUskip07, 09 November 2012 - 08:15 AM.

"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 09 November 2012 - 08:13 AM, said:

There is something to be said for go big or go home  but when it comes to finances there might not be a home to go to if you do that.

Trump has filed for bankruptcy how many times?  3-4?

I would say play it safe and build it the smart way.   maybe open one store slightly after another.   I also see video game sales as a dead market with online becoming so popular and downloading games might be in the near future.  

large amounts of informaton is getting cheeper and cheeper to move. No overhead for cases  artwork  printing,  packaging  delivery. Its smarter all the way around

Like I said before. That might be correct for some other medium but if you eliminate retail you will lose close to 1/3 of your market.

Bulleit

Bulleit

been Up All Night

• Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 08 November 2012 - 02:48 PM, said:

I would love to compete in Jacksonville / Savannah / Tallahassee.

Just making sure it wasn't Albany or Columbus. Stagnant. Got family down in the Parrot area.

View PostSECats, on 09 January 2013 - 05:24 PM, said:

UK will finish above UT, Vandy and Mizzou...I'll bet my SECTalk account on it.