Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Are We Asking the Right Questions Today?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHunter, on 10 November 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Mitt Romney never said he would ban abortions...again, another democrat lie.

Romney is pro life.  As president, he couldn't ban abortions, since that would be unconstitutional... but he could nominate conservative judges who could overturn Roe v Wade.
Posted Image

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 10 November 2012 - 01:18 PM, said:

And this is why the GOP lost, because people actually believe the dumbass bs that the liberals spew out.......

If you don't honestly believe that Romney would try to nominate conservative judges to overturn Roe v. Wade, then I don't know what to tell you.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 10 November 2012 - 01:32 PM, said:

Romney is pro life.  As president, he couldn't ban abortions, since that would be unconstitutional... but he could nominate conservative judges who could overturn Roe v Wade.

Did he EVER say ANYTHING about that. Liberal propagande + idiotic people = Liberal win

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 10 November 2012 - 01:36 PM, said:

Did he EVER say ANYTHING about that. Liberal propagande + idiotic people = Liberal win

Has Romney ever said that he is pro-life?  Do I really have to look this up for you?
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 10 November 2012 - 01:39 PM, said:

Has Romney ever said that he is pro-life?  Do I really have to look this up for you?

How many pro-life presidents have we had since Rowe Vs Wade? Yea..... and SO much has changed regarding abortion

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 10 November 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

How many pro-life presidents have we had since Rowe Vs Wade? Yea..... and SO much has changed regarding abortion

Well... when they have had their chance, they select conservative judges.  Considering that possible vacancies in the Supreme Court, it is possible that Romney could have changed the balance of the court in his favor.
Posted Image

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 10 November 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

And the recent rape/pregnancy comments by Republicans did not help Romney.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 10 November 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Well... when they have had their chance, they select conservative judges.  Considering that possible vacancies in the Supreme Court, it is possible that Romney could have changed the balance of the court in his favor.

I SERIOUSLY doubt he would have tried to overturn it. While it is an important issue...... I'm pretty sure Romney (and all republicans) are FARRRRRR more concerned with economic issues right now

The fact that abortion is considered a "right" now a days is borderline sickening. Everyone else has equal rights unless you're a baby.....

Edited by GatorHater24, 10 November 2012 - 01:47 PM.

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 10 November 2012 - 01:46 PM, said:

I SERIOUSLY doubt he would have tried to overturn it. While it is an important issue...... I'm pretty sure Romney (and all republicans) are FARRRRRR more concerned with economic issues right now

The fact that abortion is considered a "right" now a days is borderline sickening. Everyone else has equal rights unless you're a baby.....

Disagree... but I don't feel like getting myself involved in this topic.

Edited by GatorLaw, 10 November 2012 - 01:53 PM.

Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 10 November 2012 - 01:51 PM, said:

Disagree.

Try telling a woman who just had a miscarriage that she didn't lose anything

If a pregnant woman is killed/murdered the perp is charged with double homicide right?

Yet if a woman chooses herself its ok?

Edited by GatorHater24, 10 November 2012 - 01:54 PM.

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 10 November 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

Try telling a woman who just had a miscarriage that she didn't lose anything

If a pregnant woman is killed/murdered the perp is charged with double homicide right?

Yet if a woman chooses herself its ok?

I don't know how that has anything to do with abortion.  Even if for the sake of argument I were to grant you that a fetus is a human life, an argument can still be made for abortion.  A child's right to live ends when it infringes on the women's right to not go through a pregnancy.  We recognize this standard for everything else (that your rights end when you infringe on the rights of others), but a special exception seems to be made by pro-lifers when it comes to abortion.
Posted Image

GatorHater24

GatorHater24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 10 November 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

I don't know how that has anything to do with abortion.  Even if for the sake of argument I were to grant you that a fetus is a human life, an argument can still be made for abortion.  A child's right to live ends when it infringes on the women's right to not go through a pregnancy.  We recognize this standard for everything else (that your rights end when you infringe on the rights of others), but a special exception seems to be made by pro-lifers when it comes to abortion.

Well is it a life or not? It can't be sometimes and not be other times just when it is convenient.

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorHater24, on 10 November 2012 - 02:01 PM, said:

Well is it a life or not? It can't be sometimes and not be other times just when it is convenient.

It doesn't matter to me, because even if it were a life, I would still be pro-choice.  The argument that abortion is wrong because you are killing a life is completely missing the point.  In society, we have realized that preserving a life is not always the preferred outcome.  For example, when you kill someone in self-defense... you are killing a life, but you were justified because the attacker's right to live ends when he infringes on your rights.
Posted Image

GatorHunter

GatorHunter
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorLaw, on 10 November 2012 - 02:05 PM, said:

It doesn't matter to me, because even if it were a life, I would still be pro-choice.  The argument that abortion is wrong because you are killing a life is completely missing the point.  In society, we have realized that preserving a life is not always the preferred outcome.  For example, when you kill someone in self-defense... you are killing a life, but you were justified because the attacker's right to live ends when he infringes on your rights.

No offense GL...but you're argument is ridiculous...comparing the life of an innocent child to a criminal??  

It's the question that no pro-choicer can legitimately answer...when is it okay to kill an innocent child?

BamaBabe73

BamaBabe73
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Is there any significance in the huge percentage of Hispanics that voted for Obama?  I was thinking about this the other day. Should we be concerned that a huge segment of the manual labor workforce just voted for the candidate that is pro giving people things for free instead of people having to earn or work for it?  Does that indicate a change or shift in mentality/perspective in what has traditionally been a hard working segment of our society?  And if it is - and people elect to be supported by the government instead of performing manual labor - then how do we re-establish/rebuild the manual labor workforce?  Who would fill that necessary element in society?