Are We Asking the Right Questions Today? - Think Tank - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Are We Asking the Right Questions Today?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

volimhtown

volimhtown

So sayeth the shepherd...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
...And does it matter anyway? Because after reading all I've read since the disappointing news last night it sure seems everyone's got an excuse and/or a reason they've convinced themselves of. Nobody's truly listening though to what the voters said last night. At the end of the day here's what we found out. The majority of voters cited the economy as the most important issue in this election. Yet the clearly more qualified candidate in that regard lost. Why?  
Let's be straight..... Obama didn't "win" the election..... Romney and more poignantly the right-wing conservatives LOST this election. Last night was not about blacks voting for blacks or people casting votes because they think they're personally going to get something. If I hear another brain dead idiot championing that excuse I think I'm gonna :throwup: Were there uneducated people out there that did just that? Absolutely! But when 72% of the voters are white and only 19% are black, there's no way you're ever going to convince me that the number of people who did just that come anywhere close to the number of the 72% that cast a vote for anyone BUT Obama simply because he is black. It works both ways folks!
The reality is that we live in a country in which only 2 parties matter and in which only 2 folks have a legitimate shot to win the presidency. What we saw yet AGAIN last night was that when presented with only two options despite how undesirable they are, people HAVE to make that shitty choice as best they can. Cry and stomp your feet all you want, let's not act like America failed to vote what would have been some great, can't-miss leader. It simply comes down to the fact that the Republicans have failed miserably to identify what's really important to the majority of Americans and have also failed miserably by not endorsing a dynamic, charismatic opponent to compete with Obama. At the end of the day, that's all they had to do and yet still couldn't get it done.
Lacking a strong opinion/liking of a single party one way or the other, I think the majority of people (right or wrong) by default place their trust in someone that they can more identify with. Someone who better symbolizes American life as they know it who would better represent them. Even as a white middle-aged man, that guy is CLEARLY Obama for me and I think the majority of Americans when compared to Romney. Maybe what so many can't wrap their heads around is that skin color does not matter in that regard anymore. To those in which it does, they are now in the minority.... and that minority is ironically comprised of a white majority. This country has changed.... like it or not, accept it or not.
I think the other message that was sent last night was that the Republican party better start distinguishing themselves from the right-wing conservative "christians" or they're going to quickly fade to anonymity. Look.... I'm not going to down or chastise someone for supporting their own christian/moral beliefs, but the message that needs to be heard is that those things need to be kept out of our government. It's pretty clear that the majority of Americans are tired of the issues of gay marriage and abortion.... it's not like the majority support these ideals. BUT they support ones rights to them. There is a BIG difference. Failure to condemn something does not equal one's support for it. That's the real message that seemingly nobody is getting.
Finally....can we talk about all the talk about how this country's society is becoming more and more dependent on it's government? I'm certainly not going to suggest that Obama's not contributing to this problem, but I'm also not going to sit here and let the minions of hypocrites who are denouncing him for it get off that easy. Was not a Republican president in power and a conservative majority ruling the senate when we bailed out the banks and Wall Street?? Our government harbored and protected their deep pocketed friends! And the sad part is that we can say that without putting any sort of spin on it! Who got ultimately f*cked as a result??? The lower, middle class! The folks who ran our country and financial institutions into the ground made out just fine and are still sitting pretty today. Fats forward six years later and we're hearing talking heads claim that the spirit of JFK's iconic words is now dead because of last night's results?? :blink:  What??? The rich made their money AND got their reach-around from our government at the same time but we're going to damn the poor and disenfranchised for trying to manipulate the system in order to get a little kick-back for themselves?? Wow.... just wow!
Someone posted that our kids will never know the great country that we grew up in as a result of last night's result. Well, I'm sure those great memories are those of a WHITE kid to begin with, but that statement was going to be true regardless of who lost last night! In the end we all lost. And in the end this country IS much different than when "we" grew up. And alot of that is for the good! Too much energy is wasted trying to take us back to the "good ole times" when in reality they weren't all that good..... especially for the majority in this country.
Look.... what happened last night was 100s years in the making. The current dumpster-fire that this country is was 100s years in the making. We all know that power corrupts. That's why we have nothing but two corrupt parties running this country! But the only thing worse than the thought of the two party system continuing to run this country into the ground is the thought of a single party system running it into the ground. Here's to hoping that all of these results finally start inspiring someone/s to actually do something to change it for the betterment of everyone who wishes to take an active role in making this country great. At some point the stone casting has to stop or we'll ALL be buried, right? Someone needs to stop bitching long enough to start listening.

For the record, I voted for Romney SOLELY because I feel Obama is going to be more damaging to our economic future than Romney was. That was the first time in 16 years that I voted for someone affiliated with one of the two parties and I'm still kind of sick about it! That said, I was sick about who was going to win the presidency long before I cast my vote anyway so today is no more or less disappointing to me!
Phyllis-But it is a big deal. You almost killed Stanley.
Dwight-Yeah right! I filled him full of butter and sugar for 50 years and forced him not to exercise!

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ain't reading all that....but from what I can gather you're thinking the same thing I thought this morning...

Republicans are surprised that someone who couldn't even beat John McCain in the 2008 primaries couldn't win the presidency. wtf??

lulz at that group that the Republican party put forward...and the fact that the best one in the bunch couldn't even beat Obama says it all.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
As long as it's an us against them mentality between these two parties, America and her citizens suffer.The hell with politicians,we need Americans who really care for this country,not their pocketbooks and egos.

Edited by L.A.Hog, 07 November 2012 - 06:27 PM.

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I read about half of the post... but yeah.  You have the right idea.

Obama should have been an easy candidate to beat, but the Republicans offered a shitty candidate, and people were left having to pick between 2 bad candidates.
Posted Image

GatorLaw

GatorLaw
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 07 November 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Ain't reading all that....but from what I can gather you're thinking the same thing I thought this morning...

Republicans are surprised that someone who couldn't even beat John McCain in the 2008 primaries couldn't win the presidency. wtf??

lulz at that group that the Republican party put forward...and the fact that the best one in the bunch couldn't even beat Obama says it all.

I'm curious to see who the Republicans nominate in 2016.  If you thought this group was crazy, you have seen nothing yet.
Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Holy TL;DR Batman

All that just to admit that you voted for a loser?
Posted Image

ECDawg

ECDawg
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Q - Does America DESERVE to have Obama as President for a second term?

A - You're damn right it does.  For the first time, more Americans are now looking for the government to give them "free" shit than to give them opportunity and fiscal sanity......and it will be that way until the whole SOB crashes into default............which is not too far down the road.
Posted Image

S&C for championship football at UGA has returned to the proven Kasay way.  

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm still waiting for my free shit.I guess it's the same free shit I got from all the other administrations.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostECDawg, on 07 November 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Q - Does America DESERVE to have Obama as President for a second term?

A - You're damn right it does.  For the first time, more Americans are now looking for the government to give them "free" shit than to give them opportunity and fiscal sanity......and it will be that way until the whole SOB crashes into default............which is not too far down the road.

Yeah. Why accept the failures of your own candidates and their policies when you can just spew bigoted butthurt instead?
Posted Image

ECDawg

ECDawg
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 07 November 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Yeah. Why accept the failures of your own candidates and their policies when you can just spew bigoted butthurt instead?

The candidates had their share of problems, but not enough to alter the election, particularly at the top of the ticket.  The charge of bigotry is the standard statist liberal charge when intellectual ability doesn't allow one to refute a statement.

As for the "butthurt" comment.........that no doubt is a standard phrase used by Obamaites.  I personally was not hurt by any means; I have and will continue to take the steps necessary to survive nicely in our new Western European styled nation.  Any "butthurt" will be reserved for those that re-elected this idealogue to the highest office in the land, and possibly some that have not made the proper preparations..........and it's beginning right away:

Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees
http://lasvegas.cbsl...d-22-employees/

Boeing Announces Big Layoffs in Defense Division
http://www.cnbc.com/id/49729998

Enjoy your election win Obamaites.....while you can.........

Edited by ECDawg, 08 November 2012 - 11:42 AM.

Posted Image

S&C for championship football at UGA has returned to the proven Kasay way.  

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 07 November 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Herman Cain would have put up a hell of a fight.

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
My name is Noah and I support this message.

View Postvolimhtown, on 07 November 2012 - 04:35 PM, said:

...And does it matter anyway? Because after reading all I've read since the disappointing news last night it sure seems everyone's got an excuse and/or a reason they've convinced themselves of. Nobody's truly listening though to what the voters said last night. At the end of the day here's what we found out. The majority of voters cited the economy as the most important issue in this election. Yet the clearly more qualified candidate in that regard lost. Why?  
Let's be straight..... Obama didn't "win" the election..... Romney and more poignantly the right-wing conservatives LOST this election. Last night was not about blacks voting for blacks or people casting votes because they think they're personally going to get something. If I hear another brain dead idiot championing that excuse I think I'm gonna :throwup: Were there uneducated people out there that did just that? Absolutely! But when 72% of the voters are white and only 19% are black, there's no way you're ever going to convince me that the number of people who did just that come anywhere close to the number of the 72% that cast a vote for anyone BUT Obama simply because he is black. It works both ways folks!
The reality is that we live in a country in which only 2 parties matter and in which only 2 folks have a legitimate shot to win the presidency. What we saw yet AGAIN last night was that when presented with only two options despite how undesirable they are, people HAVE to make that shitty choice as best they can. Cry and stomp your feet all you want, let's not act like America failed to vote what would have been some great, can't-miss leader. It simply comes down to the fact that the Republicans have failed miserably to identify what's really important to the majority of Americans and have also failed miserably by not endorsing a dynamic, charismatic opponent to compete with Obama. At the end of the day, that's all they had to do and yet still couldn't get it done.
Lacking a strong opinion/liking of a single party one way or the other, I think the majority of people (right or wrong) by default place their trust in someone that they can more identify with. Someone who better symbolizes American life as they know it who would better represent them. Even as a white middle-aged man, that guy is CLEARLY Obama for me and I think the majority of Americans when compared to Romney. Maybe what so many can't wrap their heads around is that skin color does not matter in that regard anymore. To those in which it does, they are now in the minority.... and that minority is ironically comprised of a white majority. This country has changed.... like it or not, accept it or not.
I think the other message that was sent last night was that the Republican party better start distinguishing themselves from the right-wing conservative "christians" or they're going to quickly fade to anonymity. Look.... I'm not going to down or chastise someone for supporting their own christian/moral beliefs, but the message that needs to be heard is that those things need to be kept out of our government. It's pretty clear that the majority of Americans are tired of the issues of gay marriage and abortion.... it's not like the majority support these ideals. BUT they support ones rights to them. There is a BIG difference. Failure to condemn something does not equal one's support for it. That's the real message that seemingly nobody is getting.
Finally....can we talk about all the talk about how this country's society is becoming more and more dependent on it's government? I'm certainly not going to suggest that Obama's not contributing to this problem, but I'm also not going to sit here and let the minions of hypocrites who are denouncing him for it get off that easy. Was not a Republican president in power and a conservative majority ruling the senate when we bailed out the banks and Wall Street?? Our government harbored and protected their deep pocketed friends! And the sad part is that we can say that without putting any sort of spin on it! Who got ultimately f*cked as a result??? The lower, middle class! The folks who ran our country and financial institutions into the ground made out just fine and are still sitting pretty today. Fats forward six years later and we're hearing talking heads claim that the spirit of JFK's iconic words is now dead because of last night's results?? :blink:  What??? The rich made their money AND got their reach-around from our government at the same time but we're going to damn the poor and disenfranchised for trying to manipulate the system in order to get a little kick-back for themselves?? Wow.... just wow!
Someone posted that our kids will never know the great country that we grew up in as a result of last night's result. Well, I'm sure those great memories are those of a WHITE kid to begin with, but that statement was going to be true regardless of who lost last night! In the end we all lost. And in the end this country IS much different than when "we" grew up. And alot of that is for the good! Too much energy is wasted trying to take us back to the "good ole times" when in reality they weren't all that good..... especially for the majority in this country.
Look.... what happened last night was 100s years in the making. The current dumpster-fire that this country is was 100s years in the making. We all know that power corrupts. That's why we have nothing but two corrupt parties running this country! But the only thing worse than the thought of the two party system continuing to run this country into the ground is the thought of a single party system running it into the ground. Here's to hoping that all of these results finally start inspiring someone/s to actually do something to change it for the betterment of everyone who wishes to take an active role in making this country great. At some point the stone casting has to stop or we'll ALL be buried, right? Someone needs to stop bitching long enough to start listening.

For the record, I voted for Romney SOLELY because I feel Obama is going to be more damaging to our economic future than Romney was. That was the first time in 16 years that I voted for someone affiliated with one of the two parties and I'm still kind of sick about it! That said, I was sick about who was going to win the presidency long before I cast my vote anyway so today is no more or less disappointing to me!

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's impossible to win an election against Santa.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Noah

Noah

Founding Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I've gotten free shit from my government every year since 1975.  I wish the IRS would stop mailing me their free paper....

View PostL.A.Hog, on 07 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

I'm still waiting for my free shit.I guess it's the same free shit I got from all the other administrations.

Edited by Noah.Dreams, 08 November 2012 - 11:59 AM.

After everything is said and done, more is said than done. - Noah

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image