Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Alright it's time i got some things off my chest.

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

Boba Fett

Boba Fett

Atlanta's Resident Mandalorian

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
2012 as whole this year has been a very tough year for me. I've been unemployed for almost a year now. I've lost a friend in a motorcycle accident and my Aunt as well. Then last night my mom called me to tell me that she is having Zeus (Her boxer) put down this saturday. Zeus has a type of bone cancer that if he were to move something the wrong way that any of his bones could snap like a twig to say the least. I dont know why such terrible things have to happen like this all i know i havent felt so ......... crushed. If i get out bed in the morning it's almost a miracle. I havent felt so defeated like this in a long time. I just feel so absolutely miserable right now. I dont what to do ..... i need help. I know that  January im leaving for atlanta with no job and i'll be leaving everyone and everybody that i know. I don't want to leave florida and start over i dont ....but there's no other option so therefor im just gonna do what i have to do and leave for atlanta and  hope for the best. I know im not the most emotional guy on here but i dont know what else i can do anymore last night it felt like all my problems finally caught up to me and crashed upon me like a giant wave. But for now im gonna get off of here and go walk for a few miles and try to clear my mind some. I might be back later on today i may not be...... so i figured i would just leave you guys with this and let you guys know what's been going on in my life lately.

Edited by Boba Fett, 07 November 2012 - 09:11 AM.

Posted Image

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
hang in there big guy.............always sleep on major decisions, emotions can be a bitch sometimes, clouding logic and all

you've got it in you to handle this, time to call upon it

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hang in there, man.  I've been there before and thought it would never end.

If you start having trouble sleeping or eating, see a doctor.
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I know exactly what you're feeling....been there myself.  I was living alone in SC at the time and I was 27 years old.  I finally listened to my heart instead of my head and moved back home and my life forever changed.  I met my wife a couple of months after returning to KY and 15 years later I'm blessed beyond words.  I tell you this because....I understand.

If I were you I would find a good job regardless of where it is.  Start going to church, volunteer, etc....you will meet people and hopefully someone special.  You need to surround yourself with good people that can help you find your way.

I have some ideas if you wanna PM me.

God Bless you BF....I hope your walk was a good one.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
im not going to pretend to understand what youre going through, but i would highly recommend not going to Atlanta yet. your self confidence seems crushed and your esteem is badly damaged. you need to get back on your feet and rebuild your confidence in yourself before you head off to a strange new place to start over. stay close to your family until you reach that point. ive been there, as many have, and irrational knee jerk decisions can only compound the problem. feeling hopeless is rough on the psyche but it seriously only takes 1 or 2 things to go right in your life to completely change your course.

ill say a prayer for you.

Benny

Benny

and the Jets

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good luck with everything man. Things are never as bad or as good as they seem. You'll be alright, just keep your chin up and keep trying.
Fire Bracky Brett

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hang in there buddy and take some time to think things over and pray about it. If the "defeated" feelings don't stop, go get some help. I've been where ur at after my dad died and I got divorced. Its no fun at all but it can get turned around.
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If you want to get a good paying job and aren't afraid of a little cold weather, carry your ass straight to Williston, North Dakota.  You'll be glad you did.

Posted Image

Ernest T

Ernest T
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Bro, get a job on an oil rig out of LA for a year.  You will work hard, eat good, make good money without a chance to spend it, have time to figure out what you want to do.  I did the same thing on a riverboat when I was 23...then went on to manage furniture stores for a large chain, then sell RV's, now I sell boats and atv/utv's.  I'm 52, always put money in and ira or 401k, and I can retire in 7.5 years if I want to.  I've been very successful imo since I had the very same thoughts you are having at about the same age.  I have contacts if you are willing to do the oil rig thing.  Hell...worst case would be dealing with being out for 30 days and not having enough self control to keep from blowing all your money on your time off.  At this point in your life...do it.  Get your ass in shape first.  Contact me for more info.

pondwater jack

pondwater jack

on the twittler @PondwaterJack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Good advice Boar

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hang in there broseph.

Life will knock you down. It's up to you, to get back up.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

CockyinCola

CockyinCola

FOURever to Thee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
well, I'm not very good at words of encouragement besides saying to stay tough

I did find this quote though, hope it helps

“The life of man is a struggle on earth. But without a cross, without a struggle, we get nowhere. The victory will be ours if we continue our efforts courageously, even when at times they appear futile.”

just keep pushing through it, man
Posted Image

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hey man.   That beer is still on me when you get up here.    Make sure you think it through before you up and leave.
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBoba Fett, on 07 November 2012 - 09:08 AM, said:

2012 as whole this year has been a very tough year for me. I've been unemployed for almost a year now. I've lost a friend in a motorcycle accident and my Aunt as well. Then last night my mom called me to tell me that she is having Zeus (Her boxer) put down this saturday. Zeus has a type of bone cancer that if he were to move something the wrong way that any of his bones could snap like a twig to say the least. I dont know why such terrible things have to happen like this all i know i havent felt so ......... crushed. If i get out bed in the morning it's almost a miracle. I havent felt so defeated like this in a long time. I just feel so absolutely miserable right now. I dont what to do ..... i need help. I know that  January im leaving for atlanta with no job and i'll be leaving everyone and everybody that i know. I don't want to leave florida and start over i dont ....but there's no other option so therefor im just gonna do what i have to do and leave for atlanta and  hope for the best. I know im not the most emotional guy on here but i dont know what else i can do anymore last night it felt like all my problems finally caught up to me and crashed upon me like a giant wave. But for now im gonna get off of here and go walk for a few miles and try to clear my mind some. I might be back later on today i may not be...... so i figured i would just leave you guys with this and let you guys know what's been going on in my life lately.

your job struggles sound alot like mine before i decided to go back to school.  my best and most honest advice is set a goal for yourself....a challenging one that will force you to drive yourself in order to achieve it.  i looked for a year and a half all over the southeast for a job and finally ended up with one that made my life more miserable than before i had the job.  after a year of hell I had enough and quit....about that time, i had a buddy that encouraged me to pursue a career in pharmacy.  over the last 3 or 4 years, it has given me focus where before I had no direction and no hope.  the worst thing you can do is feel sorry for yourself.  life sucks sometimes, and other times it is damn near unbearable, but everything is temporary.

do something difficult and challenging....it will refocus you and maybe put things in perspective a bit.  chin up brotha....ill be praying for ya.

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take it as it comes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Try to remember something. Life NEVER stays the same. That includes the good things AND the bad things. It's kinda like the weather in the South...wait til tomorrow. New opportunities happen when you least expect them to. It's hard to handle when so many bad things happen at once, but a lot of good things have happened close together too. When life seems to spin out of control take some time to pamper yourself a little. Maybe you haven't grieved for your losses yet. If you haven't, do it. But then pamper yourself. Life can be so hard sometimes. It can hit us with more than we feel able to handle. Remember to be grateful for your own blessings and don't forget the many, many others who are bowed down with illness and sorrow. Include them in your prayers. You will come out of this. Good things will happen again. Give it time.
Posted Image