Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

To the anti-Libertarian Republican Crowd...

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
142 replies to this topic

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
No butt hurt.

I worry my kids will never experience the America I knew.

In four more years....you'll know what I mean.
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 06 November 2012 - 11:46 PM, said:

Or you can educate yourself on Ron Paul and ask yourself if a guy with 30+ years of federal level politics and 1 (one) passed bill into law is the guy we need to right the ship. We need a guy that can fix this not a guy that can just talk about it.

Yes. Let's continue to trust the establishment that opposed Ron Paul at every turn. They seem to have done pretty well with our budget.
Posted Image

Herschel Talker

Herschel Talker

Disney Dawg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECats, on 07 November 2012 - 12:08 AM, said:

Chicken ish.  :cheers:

How do you block morons while posting on your phone?  This guy is far worse than Limbaugh. Yet another right winger who would rather whine like a bitch and call names than actually fix anything.
Posted Image

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This place is a perfect example of our party system as we know it today. Something doesn't go your parties way, all you can do is bitch, moan and cry. The media,our government and our people are to blame. There is no fair and balanced news anymore. thanks to Fox, CNN and MSNBC and as long as money controls them, its not going to change.
Instead of bitching about things to come, try doing something about it. If you want America back where it was, voice your opinion and act like an adult instead of pointing fingers and saying , "its all their fault".
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Here we go again.  The Libertarian crowd thinking they're smarter than the rest of us because they read an article about Libertarianism on Wikipedia.  Typical.
Posted Image

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
From the OP's link:

"There is no general consensus on the precise definition of libertarianism."

"Libertarian schools of thought differ over the degree to which the state should be reduced. Anarchistic schools advocate complete elimination of the state. Minarchist schools advocate a state which is limited to protecting its citizens from aggression, theft, breach of contract, and fraud. Some schools accept public assistance for the poor.[5] Additionally, some schools are supportive of private property rights in the ownership of unappropriated land and natural resources while others reject such private ownership and often support common ownership instead.[6][7][8 "

Because that sounds like a great political ideology to unite enough votes to win the White House, let alone become a legitimate political party.  The only faux success Libertarians enjoy is the flawed believe that they actually had any impact on a national election.
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Ron Paul pretty much is the establishment. 1979- 2012 at the federal level and not a damn thing to show for it. Dudes been a party guy since 1956.

View PostHerschel Talker, on 07 November 2012 - 04:32 AM, said:

Yes. Let's continue to trust the establishment that opposed Ron Paul at every turn. They seem to have done pretty well with our budget.

Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I voted for Ron Paul because of his foreign policy and his stance on economics domestically.  We all know the true Libertarian party is full of a bunch of goofballs.  You could watch the Arkansas elections and look at them and tell that.  Ron Paul is not a true Libertarian.  I doubt Gary Johnson represents what many of them believe.  I doubt anybody on this board is a true Libertarian, simply supporters of the idealology of Ron Paul.

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postrazorhead, on 07 November 2012 - 09:15 AM, said:

I voted for Ron Paul because of his foreign policy and his stance on economics domestically.  We all know the true Libertarian party is full of a bunch of goofballs.  You could watch the Arkansas elections and look at them and tell that.  Ron Paul is not a true Libertarian.  I doubt Gary Johnson represents what many of them believe.  I doubt anybody on this board is a true Libertarian, simply supporters of the idealology of Ron Paul.

There are definitely different degrees of being a Libertarian... from being a pseudo-anarchist to a fiscal conservative. Most would probably place themselves in the fiscal conservative range.
Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I support my Ga party with time, money and voice. I actively find local people to run in primaries and am working even now to find another challenger to the clerk of courts in my county. I volunteer at 3 local Republican offices and donate seperate money to 3 college repulican groups. What do you do?

View PostCrimsoNation713, on 07 November 2012 - 08:27 AM, said:

This place is a perfect example of our party system as we know it today. Something doesn't go your parties way, all you can do is bitch, moan and cry. The media,our government and our people are to blame. There is no fair and balanced news anymore. thanks to Fox, CNN and MSNBC and as long as money controls them, its not going to change.
Instead of bitching about things to come, try doing something about it. If you want America back where it was, voice your opinion and act like an adult instead of pointing fingers and saying , "its all their fault".

Posted Image

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 07 November 2012 - 09:19 AM, said:

I support my Ga party with time, money and voice. I actively find local people to run in primaries and am working even now to find another challenger to the clerk of courts in my county. I volunteer at 3 local Republican offices and donate seperate money to 3 college repulican groups. What do you do?

Here you go.

Posted Image

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Most want no war, free pot and legal prostitution. Most cant explain Ron Pauls idealogy so they just adopt his banner and make it into what they want.

View PostTheRealBrave, on 07 November 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

There are definitely different degrees of being a Libertarian... from being a pseudo-anarchist to a fiscal conservative. Most would probably place themselves in the fiscal conservative range.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Makes my morning scotch taste funny.

View Postrazorhead, on 07 November 2012 - 09:20 AM, said:

Here you go.

Posted Image

TheRealBrave

TheRealBrave

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 07 November 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

Most want no war, free pot and legal prostitution. Most cant explain Ron Pauls idealogy so they just adopt his banner and make it into what they want.

Free pot, nobody wants that - don't exaggerate. They want legal marijuana - not free. We want JUSTIFIED wars.

and you have a false view of Libertarians in my opinion. You probably think they're all marijuana smoking pseudo hippies. I never smoke marijuana. Ever.

Edited by TheRealBrave, 07 November 2012 - 09:26 AM.

Posted Image

It's Chubb time... no homo

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Home growns pot is free pot and justified to whos standard?

View PostTheRealBrave, on 07 November 2012 - 09:24 AM, said:

Free pot, nobody wants that - don't exaggerate. They want legal marijuana - not free. We want JUSTIFIED wars.

Posted Image