Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

To the anti-Libertarian Republican Crowd...

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
142 replies to this topic

Crimson Kicker8

Crimson Kicker8

Formerly known as Crimson Kicker8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNeo, on 13 November 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

Printing money is not unconstitutional. The Federal Reserve printing worthless money that's not backed by gold, silver or any other precious metal is unconstitutional. You do know that the Federal Reserve is NOT a branch of the Federal Government right?

The Federal Reserve is about as "Federal" as Fed Ex.

Don't tell me that, tell your boy that.  "Gold and silver is the only constitutionally allowed legal tender".  55 second mark

https://www.youtube....h?v=z17hBEZpu2E
Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Do you understand the differnce between a controlled semi orderly group of immagrants being proccessed through the system, with their kids learning english and American customs and intergrating intosociety and an invasion with intent to occupy without intergration? The melting pot that made it work has been replaces with cohabitation and accomidation.

I might be less than 10 years older than you but growing up in 4 countrys and 3 differnt regions of the US colored my views. I got to see how others see America and how we see each other before we because the worlds Santa Claus.

View Postnova, on 13 November 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Funny thing, people have said the same thing about every wave of immigrants this country has ever had.  From Irish, to Italians to Chinese and everything in between.  I tend to think we'll do just fine as we always have...

ETA

And like I've been saying.  Things are changing and with the arguments being made, you're not really changing anybody's minds over to your side.

You win on ideas to fix fiscal problems, but you lose bigger when it comes to the social arguments, so you lose in the places it matters.

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
and the immagration arguement is a fiscal one. We cant afford to go at a 47%clip of the population on the government dole and expand it via uncontrolled immagration.

Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 13 November 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Do you understand the differnce between a controlled semi orderly group of immagrants being proccessed through the system, with their kids learning english and American customs and intergrating intosociety and an invasion with intent to occupy without intergration? The melting pot that made it work has been replaces with cohabitation and accomidation.

I might be less than 10 years older than you but growing up in 4 countrys and 3 differnt regions of the US colored my views. I got to see how others see America and how we see each other before we because the worlds Santa Claus.

What I understand is you're repeating ridiculous shit that was said said about every single group of immigrants that has ever come to this country.  

Back in 1850 you would have made a fine member of the Know-Nothing party bitching about how those "worthless Irish and German catholics just aren't integrating and are taking over."

In 1880 you would have been bitching that American is now a "dumping ground for POS Russians who will just undermine our culture and destroy the melting pot we are."  All of which would be said after watching the previously worthless Irish and German integrate just fine over the course of 30 years.

You talk about it being unrestricted, guess what, the US HAD NO immigration restrictions till 1875 and even then the only restrictions were on prostitutes and convicts.  From then until the Quota Act of 1921, the only real restrictions were on Chinese.

And yet we survived all that, just to have you repeat some of the same asinine arguments, 100 years later...

nova

nova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 13 November 2012 - 11:49 AM, said:

and the immagration arguement is a fiscal one. We cant afford to go at a 47%clip of the population on the government dole and expand it via uncontrolled immagration.

That is a GREAT argument....for dialing back the welfare state, not for barring people from doing the exact same things that your ancestors did, namely come here, work and build a life.

smokeyone

smokeyone

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
and if they could or would do it the our ancestors did it this whole discussion wouldnt be needed. But reality is that its not and hasnt been since the 80s. The ideas or oppurtunity that drew my ancestors, or the idea of freedom that drew others has been suplanet but a nanny state that is more about accomadation than earned intregration.

View Postnova, on 13 November 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

That is a GREAT argument....for dialing back the welfare state, not for barring people from doing the exact same things that your ancestors did, namely come here, work and build a life.

Posted Image

nova

nova

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Then your whole argument boils down to the American dream being dead.  If that's the case, WTF are you fighting for again?

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postsmokeyone, on 13 November 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

and if they could or would do it the our ancestors did it this whole discussion wouldnt be needed. But reality is that its not and hasnt been since the 80s. The ideas or oppurtunity that drew my ancestors, or the idea of freedom that drew others has been suplanet but a nanny state that is more about accomadation than earned intregration.
Careful now, the Dixiecrat in you is showing.

(10) Ole Miss Rebels  3-0  (1-0)

Posted Image

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught