Kidney stone - Page 2 - Water Fountain - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Kidney stone

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
23 replies to this topic

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Posttennesseegirl, on 03 November 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Anyone here ever have a kidney stone? I have one right now and it is aweful! It is small enough to pass but I was wondering how long it takes. Does anyone have an idea?
Ive had 3 and its the most pain ive ever experienced
Posted Image

SECats

SECats

Delusional Homer and Right-Wing Wacko

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Posttennesseegirl, on 03 November 2012 - 10:34 PM, said:

Thank you very much and coming from a Kentucky fan that is really sweet! :thumbsu:

I won't be a d!ck until Bball season....you got about 6 days.  ;)
2012-13 SECTalk Bowl Pick'em Champion
2012-13 SECTalk Biggest Homer Final Four

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postfernandomike, on 03 November 2012 - 10:32 PM, said:

Hope you get that sucker cleared out and that you are back to normal soon, my friend.

Blessings to you, bro.  I hope it passes without undue pain.
I've never had a kidney stone, but I recently had to have a catheter inserted for a few days so that I could evacuate my bladder after hernia surgery.  I thought I had died and gone to hell for those four days.  There is nothing worse than having your plumbing malfunction.  Here's wishing you the very best recovery possible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

Ocho

Ocho

Raising the gnar.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I have had 12. I am obviously a semi-expert. I have had 6 crushed, 5 I have handled myself, and the one I had last week they had to go in and get. That was by far the worst. They left a freaking tube in my ureter and a string hanging from my penis and told me I had to pull it out myself. Which wasn't pleasant, but wasn't unbearable. They really are not fun, but the ways I have learned to deal with them are simple.

1) Run a super hot bath, like almost to the point it burns, and immerse the side that hurts. It won't take all the pain away, but it will help.
2) Pain Pills. Duh.
3) Beer, Not enough to get you drunk or anything. Thats a bad way to deal with it, but it will help clear you're kidneys out.
4) Cranberry juice. Same effect as beer, just cranberry juice.

Sorry you have to deal with this, I know it sucks.
....Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation....

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They can take awhile to pass but it never hurts to get a professional opinion as to whether you should come into the doctor or not.  Kidney stones can be smooth but they can also be jagged.  If it passes, just look for blood in your urine and if there is any, head to the doctor right away.
Posted Image

ShortyPrice

ShortyPrice

vote for me for guvnuh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostOcho, on 04 November 2012 - 06:52 PM, said:

They left a freaking tube in my ureter and a string hanging from my penis and told me I had to pull it out myself.

I had forgotten about the ureteral stent with the easy-pull string attachment, even though I helped a bunch of them in.  It wasn't hard to get out.  My wife pulled mine out for me.  I took a deep breathe and she pulled it at the same time.  I did not even realize it was out, so I looked down and asked if she going to pull it. She laughed at me and dangled it front of me.

You should talk to my father.  He had more stones than he can count and has passed some of them, never knowing he had one.  They've hit the back of the urinal, a couple have plopped into the toliet and he left one in a urine sample at a yearly physical a few years ago.  They don't bother him much, painwise, anymore although with the first 10 or so, he'd crawl around on the floor and bark like a dog.  Now he just complains of occasional mild pain in the flank, like someone has hit him with a fist.  Me?  I still crawl under and around the car seat on the way to the hospital and turn somersaults on the way into the building.  I can dance a momba while holding my left arm perfectly still for the IV insertion so that I can get some narcotics.

"Shorty, Shorty, he’s our man. George Wallace belongs in the garbage can." - Shorty Price Campaign Slogan

Born after the 70s? Learn about Shorty here

And in this YouTube Video

tennesseegirl

tennesseegirl
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks guys for the help. It will be a week on tuesday that I went to the doc so I think I am going to call tomorrow and see what they say. I am flying into Tennessee thursday for the game and I don't want to miss the game because of this so we shall see what they say.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ernest T

Ernest T
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Hate that for you.  Really do.

razorhead

razorhead

The Devil You Know