Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

WTF do you say now Auburn/SECers?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
41 replies to this topic

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It is so awesome no one will give vandy any credit for anything, it's always oh you lost to vandy, your team is horrible. We are 5-4, would have had wins over northwestern and sc if not for bad calls, and played florida close too. we have only had ONE bad game.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoDores, on 03 November 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

It is so awesome no one will give vandy any credit for anything, it's always oh you lost to vandy, your team is horrible. We are 5-4, would have had wins over northwestern and sc if not for bad calls, and played florida close too. we have only had ONE bad game.
You beat us 40-0 and you're telling me I shouldn't be pissed?  78-8 over the last two seasons to you guys should be acceptable and solely attributable to the glory of one James Franklin?  You're not considering the context within which this thread was created, which was the greater mess of Kentucky football.  See my "122-17" thread for further details.
Posted Image

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoDores, on 03 November 2012 - 07:50 PM, said:

So you played 4 good games and still ended up losing them?
If you play well and still lose, how good can you be?

Vandy isn't a gimme anymore, but the Dore's are maybe 10th best team in the conference this year.
What respect are you trying to get?

Edited by JoeGator, 03 November 2012 - 07:56 PM.

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 03 November 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

You beat us 40-0 and you're telling me I shouldn't be pissed?  78-8 over the last two seasons to you guys should be acceptable and solely attributable to the glory of one James Franklin?  You're not considering the context within which this thread was created, which was the greater mess of Kentucky football.  See my "122-17" thread for further details.

I was talking about the guy who said any coach should be fired if they lose bad to vandy

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJoeGator, on 03 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

So you played 4 good games and still ended up losing them?
Congrats, isn't the worst team in the conference anymore?

is a little respect too much to ask, seriously, we are having a good year by vandy standards, pretty decent team

Edited by GoDores, 03 November 2012 - 07:56 PM.

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoDores, on 03 November 2012 - 07:55 PM, said:

I was talking about the guy who said any coach should be fired if they lose bad to vandy
You must mean Joker Phillips.
Posted Image

thedruebanks

thedruebanks
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 03 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

You must mean Joker Phillips.

that's different, he should be fired for this season as a whole

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoDores, on 03 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

is a little respect too much to ask, seriously, we are having a good year by vandy standards, pretty decent team

You are barely a decent team, which is great by Vandy standards.
I respect Vandy plenty because y'all have given us countless close calls over the years.

But Kentucky still got humiliated by a 6 win team that has always been a doormat.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
i have sincere heartfelt sympathy for kentucky football fans and i really hope you guys get a good coach next year. right after we hire butch davis

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 03 November 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

40-0 ass raping AT HOME to :lanekiffin:ING VANDERBILT.  Spare me your bullshit about how bad your program is, and stick it where the sun don't shine!  :lanekiffin: THIS

Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Woke up this morning.....yep....still butthurt over how pitiful this football program is.
Posted Image

The Joker

The Joker

Let's put a smile on that face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGoDores, on 03 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Respect is earned, not given. Part of this is due to a loser mentality. Only a mentality like that would be satisfied with a 5 win season thus far.

When USC first joined the SEC. We were a laughing stock in almost every sport except for baseball. That's a fact. Over the years, we took our beatings and we grew within the conference. Now, we're a respected member. Why? We won games PERIOD!

Vanderbilt is a great institution. Your medical school is one of the best in the nation hands down. The cold hard truth is that Vanderbilt is somewhat respected as an SEC member, but until you win against the Florida's, Georgia's, Tennessee's, etc, etc with a little more frequency, then you're not going to get the respect that you crave. It took USC a long time to do this, but we've done it and do it regularly.

I sympathize with the KY poster here. I really do, but part of the blame with KY rests on it's fans and administration. Until they as a whole, demand perfection, you're never going to get it.

I've said for years that if KY fans cared about football as much as basketball, they would have a winning season each year. I also said that if the administration was a passionate about football and spent the dough on football, they would win. You can say that you care, but that's BS and everyone knows it. I've seen comments made on this board this season talking about "looking ahead" to basketball season.

This goes against the notion that you guys put football as a priority.
Posted Image

Blu-ray Disc Movie Collection: 921
Newest Purchase: Mulholland Falls

"Honor the vision of your founders, and respect the most sublime Constitution devised by´╗┐ human intelligence." - Daniel Hannan - British Member Of Parliament.