Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

JDawgs Post Game Thoughts - AM

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
36 replies to this topic

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDawg, on 04 November 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

I've had the chance to calm down.... we've lost games under Dan Mullen.... we've looked bad at times... we've bitched about special teams and certain phases of the game before.... but regardless of how good TAMU is, we've never looked completely clueless and unmotivated like we did Saturday.  Like a deer in the headlights with absolutely no clue on what to do.

I don't care if we lose by 50 next week... we have got to show some heart, pride and preparation.  This is already pretty much strike one for Mullen and team.  

I'm not saying fire the man.... but this should be a wake up call that we want better and aren't afraid to pursue other options if Dan has plateaued out.  Keep him from getting too comfortable... which it seems he was starting to settle down like that.
I think the only right and proper way to handle this is to let @mrw216 @TheTeetFingler and @bluelightstar use their connections on campus and set up a 30 minute "meeting" with Mullen, in which we all take turns knocking the hell out of him for embarrassing the football team and having the team play with no pride whatsover the entire game.

Following that, I'll demand we take down the big-arse "PRIDE" banner that hangs on the outside of the stadium until we actually play with pride again.

(3) Ole Miss Rebels  7-0  (4-0)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postbluelightstar, on 04 November 2012 - 07:06 PM, said:

He didn't do the postgame radio interview but he can't get out of the postgame meeting with the media.

All he really said is that he didn't get them ready to go.

well, thats one hell of an understatement if he said that.
Posted Image

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
from all i can tell, he hasnt done a Posted Imageing thing in two weeks.  i have some serious concern about our coordinator positions.  with the gameplan we put out there, we have simpletons on either side of the ball and a head coach that is clueless on how to motivate his team to even show up to a sold out stadium.
Posted Image

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
first time i have ever left a game like that...i literally called both the second and third TDs and as soon as the manziel went in foe 21-0, i left...my dad called me and asked me how the hell i knew what they were going to do??...i said because im not an idiot...the gameplan on both sides of the ball was absolutely PATHETIC...we will be lucky to win another game if we continue this type of game planning...again, been going to games for 17 years now and have never left like that...

on another note...to the people saying we need to put in dak and go back to the spread option, i understand the argument about our lack of WR's but its a stupid argument...if you cant win with tyler russell, thats a 'you' problem, not a russell problem...we absolutely do not put our offense in the best position to be successful...mullen/koenning aint worth a shit if they cant win with russell...its nothing against dak cause i really like him but c'mon...russell is the best QB on our team and if you cant make it work, you are shortchanging him, the team, and yourself as a coach...

Edited by carwwest, 05 November 2012 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

GTHOM

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
A QB change isn't what needs to be done. Russell is fundamentally and talent wise the best QB MSU probably has ever had. He still needs some freaking coaching on how to not hold the ball for 45 minutes in the pocket, but at the same time, the OLine, especially 75 need to block and we need to be smart about our 5-wide plays.

Alabama can run the ball with McCarron. USC runs the ball with Matt Barkley. LSU runs the ball with Mettenberger. You don't need a running qb to be able to run the ball.

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration

carwwest

carwwest

Cowbell Crusader

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMeo Stansbury, on 05 November 2012 - 02:09 PM, said:

A QB change isn't what needs to be done. Russell is fundamentally and talent wise the best QB MSU probably has ever had. He still needs some freaking coaching on how to not hold the ball for 45 minutes in the pocket, but at the same time, the OLine, especially 75 need to block and we need to be smart about our 5-wide plays.

Alabama can run the ball with McCarron. USC runs the ball with Matt Barkley. LSU runs the ball with Mettenberger. You don't need a running qb to be able to run the ball.
i fully agree with all of this...however, as russell does hold the ball too long sometimes, watching our WR's in 4 & 5 wide sets run 15+ yard patterns never helps...there are a few times we run some short stuff but thats about 2% of the time...i said it earlier this year, but our route tree and playcalling is just very bad...thats not on the players...

Posted Image

GTHOM

shamoan

shamoan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
our oline has been serviceable.  i would like it to be better, but russell is holding on to the ball too long.  the reason that is happening is because our receivers cant get open or separation.  the defenses are playing up on us because we show no ability to go deep.  we are making it really easy to game plan AGAINST us for the opposing coordinators and on top of that, we wanna call vanilla bullshit that shows no creativity.  we cant drop koenning fast enough and wilson isnt far behind.  another bed shitting and im ready to clean house with all the assistants.  maybe koenning should coach special teams and dan should take over on the playcalling.  as a former offensive "guru", surely dan wont put up with that much longer.
Posted Image