Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Fresh Faces: Gators Rookies Outshine Upperclassmen in 101-71 Exhibition Win

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

gatoraus

gatoraus

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Freshman guard Michael Frazier scored a game-high 21 points, making five of six shots from 3-point range, as UF's four-man rookie class accounted for nearly half the team's points in a 101-71 exhibition win over Division-II Nebraska-Kearney.

Click here for the original story.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Did not sound like a good report from Donovan.
Frankly, I'm not sure I've ever heard him so upset before. He usually doesn't lose his cool.

JoeGator

JoeGator
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

“I was really disappointed with our defense. I really felt like these first three weeks we had spent an enormous amount of time breaking down tape, showing our guys edits, video from every aspect of our defense from transition defense to our half-court defense to finishing possessions with rebounding. Not taking anything away from Nebraska-Kearney, I thought their kids played hard, they played together. I’m sure they were very excited to play, and they’re a good team. But clearly from a talent standpoint and a size standpoint, we had a huge advantage over them. I just saw, time and time again, our older veteran guys getting beat off the dribble, not rebounding the basketball. We had a three-rebound margin against a Division II team. I was much more pleased with our freshmen. After coaching those guys for three weeks, they in a lot of ways do not know what they’re doing, but they’re committed. They’re committed to working hard. They’re committed to try to get better. They’re really committed to the game. I question our older guys’ commitment to really defending and rebounding like we need to. That was the disappointing part to me. I’d rather have those younger guys out there making some mistakes. They’re really getting after it and giving everything they have.”

Read more: http://www.onlygator.../#ixzz2B4lEXvww
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive

On Mike Rosario

“Yeah, I don’t think he really played very well at all. For some reason, I think he thinks his foot is part of his hand when he dribbles. He kicks it off his foot all the time. He turns it over way too much and he’s way too careless with the ball,” Donovan said.
“I think Mike tried today, but when he’s turning the ball over like that and we’re getting his liability on defense… I thought he tried on defense, but he’s got to get better there. He’s giving me a much better effort than he has in the past, but I thought he was just OK today [defensively].”

Read more: http://www.onlygator.../#ixzz2B4lZAErX
ONLY GATORS Get Out Alive