Texas A&M verse Texas in the Cotton Bowl - Page 10 - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 10

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Texas A&M verse Texas in the Cotton Bowl

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
220 replies to this topic

xiv

xiv
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 24 November 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

Lol, I was watching the TCU game and enjoying it, but I should have been pulling for t.u. so they could get skull Posted Imageed by A&M in the Cotton.

@gidnick & @xiv do you guys have a chance at any decent bowls, maybe the weedeater or independence bowls? :trollface:
Looks like we're going to either Orlando or Atlanta. (Pretending to not get your troll joke.)

bobbyb0322

bobbyb0322
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGidnik, on 24 November 2012 - 01:52 PM, said:

nobody can throw more cash at a coach than us. Except maybe jerry jones or notre dame

I'd have to agree. I don't think, outside some pro teams and maybe ND that anyone can outbid t.u.

Posted Image

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It looks like Texas will get the Cotton by default

Cotton gets Big 12 # 2

# 1 - K State IF they beat Texas (and I think they will) & # 2 Oklahoma will get BCS invites

that leaves the Cotton to pick between:

Texas or OK State - who do YOU think the Cotton wants to match against aTm

Who do YOU think will create a sell out at the game and better TV ratings???
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Let this happen.  IDK why we even tolerate closet Texas fans on this site.

Posted Image

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postdcbl, on 25 November 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

It looks like Texas will get the Cotton by default

Cotton gets Big 12 # 2

# 1 - K State IF they beat Texas (and I think they will) & # 2 Oklahoma will get BCS invites

that leaves the Cotton to pick between:

Texas or OK State - who do YOU think the Cotton wants to match against aTm

Who do YOU think will create a sell out at the game and better TV ratings???

I think OSU and A&M would be a better game. Texas isnt any good. If Texas gets beat by KSU, and OSU beats Baylor, OSU will finish 3rd in the Big 12, and UT 4th. If things hold true like you said, and OU gets an at large bid, I still think the Cotton would take OSU. It would still be a sellout as long as the A&M fans show up. Oklahoma State travels really well. We shall see tho, I cant remember any istance ever where the Cotton jumped the next available Big 12 team to take a lower team, but everything has changed in college football these days, rivalries be damned, its all about the money.

I still hold out hope that somehow Oklahoma will get matched up with Nebraska in a BCS bowl, but it looks less and less like that would happen, unless somehow the Rose picked Oklahoma over a Pac-12 champ or Nebraska loses the B1G Championship game and gets an atlarge in the Fiesta, but that would also require KSU to lose to UT for OU to get to the Fiesta.

Edited by BlackSheep 171, 25 November 2012 - 09:09 AM.

TrevorKnight2.jpg
#11 OKLAHOMA SOONERS 45
#3 Alabama 31

Next vs La Tech 8/30/14
84-17-7 Bedlam Record- Most One Sided In-State Rivalry in College Football
539- weeks ranked in AP top 10- most ever
383 - weeks ranked in AP top 5- most ever
101- weeks ranked #1 in AP poll- most ever
153- 1st Team All Americans
47 game winning streak- longest in FBS history

48 Bowl Games (28-18-1)
44- Conference Titles (8 Big 12)
35- 10 win seasons- Most in FBS history
21-11 win seasons Most in FBS history
12 losing seasons- fewest in college football
7 AP National Titles
5 Heisman Winners
4- Only school with 4 coaches with 100+ wins

dcbl

dcbl

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackSheep 171, on 25 November 2012 - 09:07 AM, said:

I think OSU and A&M would be a better game. Texas isnt any good. If Texas gets beat by KSU, and OSU beats Baylor, OSU will finish 3rd in the Big 12, and UT 4th. If things hold true like you said, and OU gets an at large bid, I still think the Cotton would take OSU. It would still be a sellout as long as the A&M fans show up. Oklahoma State travels really well. We shall see tho, I cant remember any istance ever where the Cotton jumped the next available Big 12 team to take a lower team, but everything has changed in college football these days, rivalries be damned, its all about the money.

I still hold out hope that somehow Oklahoma will get matched up with Nebraska in a BCS bowl, but it looks less and less like that would happen, unless somehow the Rose picked Oklahoma over a Pac-12 champ or Nebraska loses the B1G Championship game and gets an atlarge in the Fiesta, but that would also require KSU to lose to UT for OU to get to the Fiesta.

maybe, but it ain't just about ticket sales, it is also about eyeballs on TV sets (as we have learned through the expansion ordeals) IF the Cotton has any say at all, it will be Texas (unless K State just bitch slaps them)

Posted Image

dcbl

dcbl

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
also - NO WAY does the Rose do anything but pac 12 vs Big 10

and NO WAY do y'all get NE, if they lose the Big 10, they won't be BCS

also, if you lose to TCU, then Clemson will get the Sugar (I can't see that happening though)

Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postxiv, on 21 November 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

a) Aggie didn't get their way, so they left. B ) nothing you do will ever burn UT's ass because 20 years from now, UT will have gotten more hardware, and Aggie will have won a Cotton Bowl or two. Just like Arkansas. Nothing Arkansas did/does could ever burn UT's ass because UT doesn't have an inferiority complex about anything. Same with Aggie. Aggie thinks he traded up on the deal, when the eagerness to go to the SEC, which was 100% fueled by Longhorn envy, may have cost Aggie a national title chance.
Guilty.  Not slamming Aggie. I hate everything in Texas, and I'm just laying out the facts. To me, Aggie and UT are exactly the same. They're in a bit of a feud, and whereas UT is the insensitive man who doesn't listen and doesn't consult Aggie when making a big purchase, Aggie is the chick who holds every little thing over her man's head for decades and then breaks up with him in a huff, only to blame HIM for not wanting to get together for coffee three days later. She'd rather see him unhappy than herself happy.

UT had a breakup like this 20 years ago. UT took a few years but landed on their feet and won a national title. The "girl" put on about 20 lbs and never really was a winner again.

Posted Image

dcbl

dcbl

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 25 November 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Here is a little reality, desite what is being bandied as "fact"...

Right now Texas is the preeminent team in their state with aTm a solid # 2, just like AL is ahead of AU.

it does seem likely that it will saty that way for the foreseeable future, but I can give you 2 instances where that dynamic has flipped:

1 - when GA Tech left the SEC, they were a bigger brand than UGA, that role has CLEARLY flipped
2 - when USC joined the SEC, they were CLEARLY the # 2 program in their state behind Clemson

right now, USC & Clemson are probably equal with the Tigers maybe still having a slight edge 9yes, i know that the 'Cocks are in the better conference and have a recent winning streak, but AU has beaten Bama 8 out of the last 12 - chew on that)

So, the dynamic CAN change

If the SEC matches atm vs LSU on thanksgiving, the Big 12 will have NOTHING that they can compete with UNLESS they add a few marquee programs (hello FSU, Clemson, GA Tech and Miami)

FSU, GA Tech & Clemson are not available for a thanksgiving game against TX. that really leaves only Miami or W VA - both of which could come close, BUT it would require the Horns to make a long trip every other year...

To say that aTm can never match TX in prominence is opinion and conjecture. there is history to suggest that it is not true. I agree that it ain't likely ANYTIME SOON, but just as UGA flipped their state & USC is CLOSE to flipping theirs, i really do think it is possible that aTm (and maybe even MS State) can do it in their states. Hell, AU could do it too, but aTm has a far better chance...

Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postxiv, on 23 November 2012 - 06:18 AM, said:

And it took three of you to say nothing in return. (At least you used a nice word like veracity.) Arkansas was obsessed with Texas, and 20 years later, Texas still doesn't care and has won more hardware since the breakup, whereas Arkansas has accomplished nothing except build nice facilities.

Now another school is obsessed with UT, and they're uncomfortable with how little UT is bound to care about it.

if you were being honest you'd admit that Texas was obsessed with aTm leaving the B12. Their fans spent weeks talking about little brother running with their tails between their legs scared of the competition and whatever other condescending bullshit they could fabricate to belittle aTm. It was done with such venom that it could only be translated as jealousy and insecurity. Now that aTm has come into the sec and shown themselves to be competitive and beat the number 1 team in the country in their own home the new mantra is "we never cared about them and still don't" which again is total bullshit. Nothing could please Texas more than for aTm to fall flat and be a doormat so they can say "we told you so" but since they cant do it this year they will settle for "we don't care and never did". Texas is breathing a sigh of relief that they wont have to get skullPosted Imageed by aTm because they are more concerned with how good it would make aTm feel than they are about how it would effect their team.

Most of us learned to recognize that girly shit in high school.

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postxiv, on 23 November 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

then why are you having so much trouble stating an opposing opinion instead of namecalling and talking about men performing fellatio?
Then why not just present an opposing opinion instead of calling me an idiot, imagining me fellating someone, and exploring the semantics of whether what I say is fact or opinion?

Texas didn't do anything wrong to Aggie (and vice versa).
Aggie left, thereby canceling the UT game.
(As far as I know) Aggie offered no help in rescheduling the game.
A similar chain of events happened 20 years ago involving Arkansas. Texas has had a much better 20 years than Arkansas has.

Those are facts. Not opinions. Now try and be a grownup and refute them without calling names, thinking about gay sex, and trying to coach a debate team.

Texas should have had a better 20 years than Arkansas. They are a bigger school, bigger recruiting pool, bigger name, more prestigious school and larger market. What you're failing to mention is, Arkansas has had a better 20 years in the sec than they would have had in the B12. It doesn't have Posted Image all to do with Texas. It is about improving our own situation, not being good little lap dogs and helping Texas keep the status quo. aTm just did the same thing. There was no possible way to leave the conference without canceling the games. However, it does require effort on the part of both of them to reschedule and keep the rivalry. aTm was willing to put in that effort, but the butt hurt crybaby bitch school was too busy with their smear campaign to bother with it. Are you saying it cost more for aTm to rework their schedule than it does Texas? If its money you're worried about, do you seriously think one of your cream puff games is going to net you more money than the aTm vs Texas game? more dishonesty and fact manipulation on your part. If it was about money they would have rescheduled that game as soon as humanly possible. Texas couldn't get over their butt hurt long enough to actually look at the financial benefits of the game, so you can get that "they didn't offer any money" bullshit excuse out of the conversation. But hey, have fun with UTEP!

UAdan

UAdan

The Rocketman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Texas vs Texas A&M would easily be the most anticipated non-BCS Bowl of the year. Gah, I'd love to see that happen and then for the Aggies to run roughshod over the Horns.
Posted Image

gchamblee

gchamblee
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postxiv, on 23 November 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

i hate to break it to you, but the first time I said it, I got like three high fives on this board alone. So what do you think now?

Dude hobnailed gets high fived like crazy for posting psychotic homeristic shit, so if that is how you gauge the cleverness of it all I can do is say well done and walk away.

xiv

xiv
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 25 November 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Posted Image
Arkansas is below .500 in all-time SEC conference play as of the end of their 21st SEC season.  :P

xiv

xiv
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postgchamblee, on 25 November 2012 - 10:39 AM, said:

Now that aTm has come into the sec and shown themselves to be competitive and beat the number 1 team in the country in their own home the new mantra is "we never cared about them and still don't" which again is total bullshit. Nothing could please Texas more than for aTm to fall flat and be a doormat so they can say "we told you so" but since they cant do it this year they will settle for "we don't care and never did". Texas is breathing a sigh of relief that they wont have to get skull :lanekiffin:ed by aTm because they are more concerned with how good it would make aTm feel than they are about how it would effect their team.
Texas doesn't care nearly as much about A&M as you seem to think that they do, and you'll see what I mean.  Just like Texas stopped worrying about Arkansas while Kurt Cobain was still alive, they'll stop thinking about A&M while Courtney Love is still alive.

Most of us learned to recognize that girly shit in high school.
I've been recognizing it in Arky and Aggie for quite some time.