Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2015 SECTalk.com Fundraiser
Progress: $1,100 of $2,570 raised

The Official 2012-2013 Atlanta Braves Offseason Thread

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
249 replies to this topic

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Cubs just took Schierholtz.

Our options are getting fewer and fewer.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Posted Image it. Let's just hold onto who we have and see what we need in June.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Or sign Ichiro to a 1 year $4 million deal with a team option for an extra 1 year, $4 million with a $250,000 bonus if he hits .290, another $250,000 if he hits .310, another $500,000 if he hits .320 and another $500,000 if he hits .330. If he sucks, we get a veteran gold glove winning future HOF'er with a massive arm, speed, and contact hitting for $4 million. If he's awesome, he gets a little bit more money.

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The Posted Imageing Phillies traded for Ben Posted Imageing Revere!!! How the Posted Image did we not work out a deal with Minnesota if Revere was available? He's exactly what we Posted Imageing needed defensively, price-wise, and speed-wise and we let our mother Posted Imageing rivals get him instead. Posted Image!!!!!!!

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
The fawking Phillies just pulled a rabbit out of their hat and got Ben Revere. You've got to be kidding.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostShow Stopper, on 28 November 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

Personally I'd love to get Revere from the Twins.  He is a Lexington, KY native who initially committed to Georgia but then got drafted in the 1st Round by the twins I think back in 2007.  Very speedy guy who's bat has improved leaps and bounds over the past couple years.  Throw that in with the fact that he has a spectacular glove, he would be a great addition.  Put Upton in center, Revere in LF, and move Prado to 3rd.

http://hardballtalk....ere-from-twins/

Phillies trade Vance Worley and Trevor May for Ben Revere.....

GOD  :lanekiffin: ING DAMMIT.
Posted Image

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I didn't even think Revere was available. This sucks.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS

Show Stopper

Show Stopper

I run this show...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I damn told you all we should have traded for Revere!  He would've been a GREAT fit for us and given who the Phillies gave the Twins for him we could have easily matched that without giving up too many big prospects.

My :lanekiffin: ing god.
Posted Image

KnoxvilleDawg

KnoxvilleDawg

ALL HAIL LORD MERLIN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
They essentially traded what amounts to Minor and Teheran for him. If the Braves knew he was available, I applaud Wren for staying away from having to give up that much. Phillies are afforded the luxury of trading away all their top prospects, Braves are not.

SECTalk Hater's Club Inspiration

Formerly known as Meo Stansbury

Neil Caudle is Superman

Neil Caudle is Superman
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMeo Stansbury, on 06 December 2012 - 11:51 AM, said:

They essentially traded what amounts to Minor and Teheran for him. If the Braves knew he was available, I applaud Wren for staying away from having to give up that much. Phillies are afforded the luxury of trading away all their top prospects, Braves are not.

That may be true, but it's not like we would have had to have gone down that route. We could have traded them Teheran, Walden, and Gilmartin and still be fine for this year and the future and that'd be more value than they're getting from the Twins.

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We got Reed Johnson back. At least we got something right.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostUAdan, on 06 December 2012 - 01:28 PM, said:

We got Reed Johnson back. At least we got something right.

That's about the only thing we got out of the winter meetings.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image
Formerly known as vandyfan84

Colonel Black Bear

Colonel Black Bear
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
White Sox are shopping De Aza.  Lets get him!  We need a leadoff guy.

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'd like De Aza. Wonder about how much we'd need to give up for him though.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS

UAdan

UAdan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We're one outfielder away from being a very complete team once again.

Bench: Reed Johnson and Evan Gattis give us two very strong RHB options off the bench. I can't even remember the last time we could say that. Juan has supposedly trimmed down and is raking in Winter Ball. If we get one more left-handed hitter (preferably an infielder) for the bench, we'd be in great shape. Even though Laird is a step down from Ross, our bench could be stronger than last year from an overall standpoint.

Bullpen: Possibly the deepest in MLB. We have the most dominant pitcher in baseball closing out games in the 9th, as many as THREE very strong lefties (while many, many teams in baseball would love to have just one) in EOF, Venters and Avilan...and with the addition of Walden we have a legit hard throwing, right-handed setup guy to complement all those lefties. Guys like Gearrin and Cristhian Martinez round out the 'pen and they are good enough to be used in a variety of situations.

Rotation: We don't have that one single dominating force (a Verlander, Kershaw et type..) but I'd say top-to-bottom we are rock solid. Medlen can go on an onslaught (as we saw last year), Tim Hudson is as steady of a vet as they come, Mike Minor has begun to bloom into his true potential, Maholm will be effective more times than not and we have two talented young guys in Delgado and Teheran who are overdue in terms of their opportunity to be a regular part of a MLB rotation. Plus, we get Beachy back in July/August. Our pitching will be good enough to keep us in the race for the entire year, and we have solid-enough depth to survive an injury or two (even without Hanson).

Lineup: We are still missing that final piece (I don't necessarily think it's a "leadoff" hitter, but I'd say our greatest need is a guy who can get on base)...but outside of that, there's tremendous power potential with this lineup (5 guys who have 20 + homer seasons), versatility in guys who can hit in different parts of the order and a pretty effective balance of lefties and righties.

Get us an outfielder who is a successful OBP guy and we'll have one of the top 5 teams in the NL once again.

Posted Image

ALABAMA FOOTBALL 2014

SEC CHAMPIONS