Gus Malzahn - Page 2 - SEC Trash Talk - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Gus Malzahn

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostDawgy_Style, on 04 November 2012 - 06:46 PM, said:

What coach does good with bad players? Urban Meyer looked mediocre before and after Tebow,  Mack Brown with Vince Young and Colt McCoy, Pete Carroll with Leinart and Bush, Bob Stoops with guys like Adrian Peterson and Sam Bradford, Even the great Nick Saban looked mortal in 2007 when he didn't have good players.

Mike Bobo's worst years were Joe Cox and Aaron Murray in his first year. Stafford in the end of 2006, 2007 and 2008 and Murray in 2011 and 2012 have made him look good.

A coach winning with good talent should not be counted against them.
Point being, that wasn't Malzahn's offense we were running in 2006.  We were a power I team with 3 future NFL backs in the backfield.  Malzahns hurry up no huddle is a completely different animal, and I hate it.
Posted Image

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postjacobp, on 04 November 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

Point being, that wasn't Malzahn's offense we were running in 2006.  We were a power I team with 3 future NFL backs in the backfield.  Malzahns hurry up no huddle is a completely different animal, and I hate it.

I can't disagree with that, but you cant blame a coach for having good players.

Personally, I'm a fan of Paul Chryst's offense when he has the players to run it.

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul