Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top Bettors

Top High Fived

Bye James Harden

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

Somebody's gotta go back and get a shitload of dimes

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Is an extra 5 million dollars over 4 years worth being traded from a contender, to a pretender? Apparently James Harden thought so.
OKC Thunder offered Harden 55 million over 4 years. James thought he was worth 60 million and wouldnt accept the lower offer such as other stars like Serge Ibaka had accepted. Thus he was rushed away to Houston Rockets for Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, two first round picks and a 2nd round pick.
The Rockets traded point guard Kyle Lowry to Toronto for a lottery-protected first-round pick, one of Oklahoma City's acquisitions on Saturday night.
The other first-round pick was acquired by Houston when it traded Jordan Hill to the Los Angeles Lakers last March. The second-round pick came to the Rockets in a deal that sent guard Courtney Lee to Boston.,  and a second round pick.
All in all it sounds like the Thunder are preparing for the future after already having Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Collison, and Kendrick Perkins inked to long term deals.
Perine.jpg
Samaje Perine - NCAA Single Game Record 427 Rushing Yards

#21 Oklahoma 8-3 (5-3) vs Oklahoma State 5-6 (3-5) Dec 6th

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
what's the equivalent of his max deal in FA?

Edited by StallingsBaldSpot, 28 October 2012 - 03:20 PM.

Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I think that's a good trade for both teams but for Harden it's going to suck.

Thunder: Harden is an unselfish player and energy guy off the bench.  Personally I think he's a little overrated who followed up with a pretty bad Finals.  It's hard to convince me to throw a max contract to a guy who would be your 6th man for those years so dealing him was probably the right move.  A lot are wondering why the Thunder wouldn't just wait to trade him but who knows how Harden would play in a contract year and maybe becoming a distraction for that team.  They send him off for a solid player in Martin, Jeremy Lamb the future starting SG, and 2 1st round picks.  They did well considering they were looking to move him, not sure how much more they could've got.

Rockets: Get a big name guy and talented one at that, continuing to build a contending team and in a couple of years could start making some noise.  They've been looking to move Martin for a while and Lamb wasn't going to get much time if they traded for Harden so really they didn't give up a whole lot.  Those 2 picks aren't even theirs and will probably be late round picks.

For the short term the Thunder are going to take a hit but long term great trade for both teams.
Posted Image

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStallingsBaldSpot, on 28 October 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

what's the equivalent of his max deal in FA?

60M. He basically left OKC for Houston for about 1.3 million extra per year for 4 years.
Perine.jpg

BlackSheep 171

BlackSheep 171

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostThe Playmaker, on 28 October 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

I think that's a good trade for both teams but for Harden it's going to suck.

Thunder: Harden is an unselfish player and energy guy off the bench.  Personally I think he's a little overrated who followed up with a pretty bad Finals.  It's hard to convince me to throw a max contract to a guy who would be your 6th man for those years so dealing him was probably the right move.  A lot are wondering why the Thunder wouldn't just wait to trade him but who knows how Harden would play in a contract year and maybe becoming a distraction for that team.  They send him off for a solid player in Martin, Jeremy Lamb the future starting SG, and 2 1st round picks.  They did well considering they were looking to move him, not sure how much more they could've got.

Rockets: Get a big name guy and talented one at that, continuing to build a contending team and in a couple of years could start making some noise.  They've been looking to move Martin for a while and Lamb wasn't going to get much time if they traded for Harden so really they didn't give up a whole lot.  Those 2 picks aren't even theirs and will probably be late round picks.

For the short term the Thunder are going to take a hit but long term great trade for both teams.

One the first part I agree. Thats way to much money for a 6th man. I dont see Hardin as a #1 guy in the NBA.
On the 2nd part, the first pick for this year comes from Toronto, and they will most likely suck, so it could turn out to be a lottery pick. The #1 next year is from the Lakers, so it will most likely be a late pick unless the Kobe/Howard marriage works like the Philly Eagles dream team moves.
Martin is an 8 year vet who avgs 18 points a game. That will help ease some of the scoring you lose with Hardin gonig away.
Perine.jpg