Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Gruden

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm tellin y'all, it's Schiano.

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I don't get the Gruden obsession really. I mean, if his name wasn't Jon Gruden then there wouldn't be the obsession. He's never been a college HC. He's been out of the college game for 20 years now. No doubt I think he would KILL on the recruiting trail however, his system is VERY complex. If C. Patterson didn't know the whole playbook this year, you think he'd know the plays next year under Gruden(I know, Patteron is going pro). Also, there are time constraints in college that do not hinder the pro game. Can he really dumb his system down enough for college players to grasp and understand it in only 20 hours a week? That remains to be the big question in my mind.

If I am a UT fan, I am hoping for Charlie Strong. He'd be a better hire than Gruden IMO. He's a defensive style coach and that is something UT desperately needs.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

tennesseegirl

tennesseegirl
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostStallingsBaldSpot, on 22 November 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

I don't get the Gruden obsession really. I mean, if his name wasn't Jon Gruden then there wouldn't be the obsession. He's never been a college HC. He's been out of the college game for 20 years now. No doubt I think he would KILL on the recruiting trail however, his system is VERY complex. If C. Patterson didn't know the whole playbook this year, you think he'd know the plays next year under Gruden(I know, Patteron is going pro). Also, there are time constraints in college that do not hinder the pro game. Can he really dumb his system down enough for college players to grasp and understand it in only 20 hours a week? That remains to be the big question in my mind.

If I am a UT fan, I am hoping for Charlie Strong. He'd be a better hire than Gruden IMO. He's a defensive style coach and that is something UT desperately needs.
I am wondering the same thing and I think I agree about Charlie Strong too but this is hard to agree with a vandy fan. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hoganknows

Hoganknows

NCAA Baseball National Champs 2014

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hope they get Gruden...he was about to be fired in Tampa before the Super Bowl run....my info is that he is complete jerk to work for....another Lane Kiffin

Also been out of the college game so long..he will lost for a while in recruiting.....lots of better choices out there for the Vol Nation...Good Luck

Edited by Hoganknows, 22 November 2012 - 05:13 PM.

Posted Image

Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRebelFan4Life, on 22 November 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Let me guess. Some other super reliable source in Knoxville saying Gruden "done deal" again today?
Every day. There are the same kinda super-reliable sources in Fayetteville.

Searchin's kinda crazy with a spooky little coach like Grude...

StallingsBaldSpot

StallingsBaldSpot

conquer and prevail

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Let me guess. Some other super reliable source in Knoxville saying Gruden "done deal" again today?

You should read VolNation. No less than 10 people per day with "reliable" sources stating Gruden was a done deal.
Twitter: @country_cookin

Posted Image

smokeyone

smokeyone

Descendant of a Lord of the Manner in Berkshire.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

no, most are backing off it due to repeated contract demands from both sides. it went from, dude wanta be our coach to hell yes to the fine print, whoa what?

Posted Image