Michael Bennett done for the year - Page 3 - Georgia Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Countdown to Kickoff
DaysHoursMinutesSeconds
Countdown Jersey Thread

Latest Topics

Latest News

Top High Fived

Top Bettors

Michael Bennett done for the year

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHothotz, on 03 October 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

I thought I was the resident Munson on this site.

TRB has always been the counterweight to me around here.

SECorBust

SECorBust
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sucks.  This is the part of college football that just makes you want to wash your car on Saturday or turn on CNN for awhile.  The kids get 4 years of eligibility, if they spend a year playing sparsely, a year alternating, a year rehabbing, sometimes they never really get a whole season to show what they can do.  Most of these kids' dreams are to make millions in the NFL, one injury like this can destroy those dreams.  Eligibility requirements really should be more lenient to athletes who have knee injuries IMO.  In this case Bennett is a RS Soph so he has plenty of time.

Best of luck to him in his recovery though.  Hopefully you have someone on the roster who has been eagerly waiting for an opportunity to see the field and show his talents.

Georgia has a deep group of receivers, with Tavarres King, Marlon Brown, Malcolm Mitchell (who basically returned to a full-time offensive role this week), Rantavious Wooten and Chris Conley also at the position. But the loss of Bennett for the rest of the season is a significant blow to the offense.

Looks like you guys do have some guys ready to play.

Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSECorBust, on 03 October 2012 - 12:26 PM, said:

Sucks.  This is the part of college football that just makes you want to wash your car on Saturday or turn on CNN for awhile.  The kids get 4 years of eligibility, if they spend a year playing sparsely, a year alternating, a year rehabbing, sometimes they never really get a whole season to show what they can do.  Most of these kids' dreams are to make millions in the NFL, one injury like this can destroy those dreams.  Eligibility requirements really should be more lenient to athletes who have knee injuries IMO.  In this case Bennett is a RS Soph so he has plenty of time.

Best of luck to him in his recovery though.  Hopefully you have someone on the roster who has been eagerly waiting for an opportunity to see the field and show his talents.

Looks like you guys do have some guys ready to play.
Yes we are pretty stout with WR right now thankfully but Bennett is one of Murray's favorite targets and always seems to get open in man coverage. The rest of the WR corps will certainly have to step up in his absence.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Highball

Highball
  • Members
  • Pip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Saw this on Twitter earlier. It really sucks for Bennett and I wish him a speedy recovery. My first thought when I read about it was "oh shit, we're :lanekiffin:ed," but I really think we'll be alright. King, Brown, Mitchell are still healthy and talented and they've been working Lynch in more.

Edited by Highball, 03 October 2012 - 02:30 PM.

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHighball, on 03 October 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

Saw this on Twitter earlier. It really sucks for Bennett and I wish him a speedy recovery. My first thought when I read about it was "oh shit, we're :lanekiffin:ed," but I really think we'll be alright. King, Brown, Mitchell are still healthy and talented and they've been working Lynch in more.
Dont forget Conley and Woot

Posted ImagePosted Image

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@Benny you got a spam bot in here! ^^^^