Hart, White Lost for the season - Page 3 - Alabama Sports - SECTalk.com - Page 3

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Hart, White Lost for the season

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
39 replies to this topic

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We are fortunate in that we can absorb most injuries. You don't want to have to depend too much on any one player for your fortunes. The way I look at it whenever we have an injury it allows another player who is anxious to prove himself, the opportunity to do it. I really hate to lose any player to an injury, but if you have talented depth it is not the end of the world. It will give the team the chance to develop even further.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 01 October 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Come at me bros..... but Mississippi State ain't anywhere near Alabama
Who said they were? All I was implying is that injuries make any team more vulnerable. With a couple of key playmakers out, Bama could be more vulnerable. I don't really see what offended you here. If Bama plays like they did against Ole Miss against a "better team" they could come out on the wrong end one of these days. Upsets happen everyday, neither Bama nor Saban are above being upset.

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 01 October 2012 - 06:33 PM.

Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 01 October 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Who said they were? All I was implying is that injuries make any team more vulnerable. With a couple of key playmakers out, Bama could be more vulnerable. I don't really see what offended you here. If Bama plays like they did against Ole Miss against a "better team" they could come out on the wrong end one of these days. Upsets happen everyday, neither Bama nor Saban are above being upset.

The thing about it is if you are playing a "better" or more talented opponent, you are ALSO ready for it. Any team can be upset, but having the correct attitude and focus can go a long way in preventing this. You can lose focus in a game before it ever starts. You have to be sure everyone is properly motivated.
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostSheLuvsBama, on 01 October 2012 - 06:38 PM, said:

The thing about it is if you are playing a "better" or more talented opponent, you are ALSO ready for it. Any team can be upset, but having the correct attitude and focus can go a long way in preventing this. You can lose focus in a game before it ever starts. You have to be sure everyone is properly motivated.
I understand that completely. But, once again, it's never, ever good for a team to lose talented starters. I don't care who the coach is. Losing those two brings Bama one step further down the ladder towards the other three teams in the West with even the slightest chance to knock Bama off. State's not as talented as Bama, but losing guys with valuable snaps evens the field up that much more. To argue otherwise is to be so arrogant as to not even face reality.

I'll give you an example, State is way more talented than, say, Kentucky. But if we lost Russell or a valuable O lineman or DB before the game, the chances of an upset would be larger I don't see how anybody can argue against that.
Posted Image

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We all know and all agree it is a negative thing to lose any player, but the smart thing to do is to turn the negative into a positive. You don't go around complaining about being crippled. This is when the character of a team begins to build. You turn the negative into a positive. This is where attitude comes into play. Arrogance has nothing to do with it. I get really tired of that word being applied to Alabama. It is about knowing what you can and can't accomplish and then handling it. The team takes care of that. The fans have nothing to do with it other than looking on.
Posted Image

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFidy8, on 01 October 2012 - 05:17 PM, said:

I don't see Hart hurting y'all that bad, he was gonna probably transfer at the end of the year anyway with the RB talent y'all are bringing in. Having to play Drake is probably gonna wind up being a good thing cause I think he's more impressive than #4.
Don't know much about the reciever, to me Bama seems like they have a bunch of guys playing at about the same level at reciever just waiting for a go to guy, and Cooper made the statement last week that he may be it.

you are right on the money with both opinions, even though he was in the rotation and had notable achievements in HS, he was just depth for us, we'll get along without him.......(now if another goes down, different story)

and the receivers are all interchangeable with experience being what seperates one from another

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 01 October 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Maybe I misunderstood you saying these couple injuries doesn't separate the teams in the west that much now. I agree key injuries makes any team vulnerable but not these two.

I also don't see how winning a conference game by 19 only allowing 80yrds rushing and just barely over 200yrds total is playing bad? Bama is #1 have been for awhile the defending champs I expect every team we play to give us a game because thats how it is when you're on top. Was there ever any question of who was gonna win? Is almost three touchdowns not enough anymore?

I said it in the game thread but Saban is genius he is the constant teacher the developer... I honestly believe sometimes he creates adversity to experience his team. This is no knock on Ole Miss I probably would be a fan if not from Bama but at 31.5 there was really no doubt Bama would win. Now give OM their due they're a much improved team Freeze is doing a great job but you could tell the play calling was to build experience for our offense and not score points. Bama may have thrown 6 balls vertical all night scoring on 2 no matter how many OM put in the box. Short passes and between the tackles.... I've saw Saban do this alot this was this teams first true SEC test and we're young he is the constant developer.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRammaJamma, on 01 October 2012 - 10:16 PM, said:

Maybe I misunderstood you saying these couple injuries doesn't separate the teams in the west that much now. I agree key injuries makes any team vulnerable but not these two.

I also don't see how winning a conference game by 19 only allowing 80yrds rushing and just barely over 200yrds total is playing bad? Bama is #1 have been for awhile the defending champs I expect every team we play to give us a game because thats how it is when you're on top. Was there ever any question of who was gonna win? Is almost three touchdowns not enough anymore?

I said it in the game thread but Saban is genius he is the constant teacher the developer... I honestly believe sometimes he creates adversity to experience his team. This is no knock on Ole Miss I probably would be a fan if not from Bama but at 31.5 there was really no doubt Bama would win. Now give OM their due they're a much improved team Freeze is doing a great job but you could tell the play calling was to build experience for our offense and not score points. Bama may have thrown 6 balls vertical all night scoring on 2 no matter how many OM put in the box. Short passes and between the tackles.... I've saw Saban do this alot this was this teams first true SEC test and we're young he is the constant developer.
FWIW, I still think Bama is the best team in the country, and it wouldn't be a stretch at all to see the Tide hoist the Coach's Trophy yet again. I honestly didn't realize those guys didn't mean quit as much to ya'll as I thought they did. You guys know more about your team than I do, though.
Posted Image

StaringContestYouAndMe

StaringContestYouAndMe
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This sucks. I was hoping for Hart to come into his own, as we haven't had a RB his style in some time. I hope they both fully recover.

RammaJamma

RammaJamma

Enjoying the Process

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Post1dawgfan09, on 01 October 2012 - 10:19 PM, said:

FWIW, I still think Bama is the best team in the country, and it wouldn't be a stretch at all to see the Tide hoist the Coach's Trophy yet again. I honestly didn't realize those guys didn't mean quit as much to ya'll as I thought they did. You guys know more about your team than I do, though.

Don't get me wrong any loss isn't good but Bama isn't really built to ever be a one man show sure McCarron going down would spell Doom! but he's thrown to like 13-14 different guys and you've saw even with backs like Ingram and Richardson the last few years they had to share the touches. I don't see how Ingram got the Heisman since it's a stats race but so far we've used 5-6 running backs that were all capable of being every down backs 2 are out for the year.

I hope Hart makes a full recovery and I'm sure Drake doesn't get the pass blocking yet but I've been much more impressed with him than Hart.
"I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships, Conference Championships, and National Championships. I love it here because that's not just what I want, but what this fan base expects." -Alabama Head Football Coach Nick Saban

ROLL TIDE!!