Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Donte Moncrief best WR in the SEC

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
REC YDS AVG LONG TD 1 Donte Moncrief, WR MISS 18 320 17.8 75 3

1st in the SEC and 7th the nation..

Just imagine his stats had those two TD's against Texas not been called back. He'd be leading the country..
Posted Image

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
It's a damn shame at his supporting cast b/c he really is a great, great player.  Can't give him anything but props.  Although Bumphis has 2 more TD's on 8 less touches :trollface: .

Edited by JDawg, 21 September 2012 - 07:14 PM.

FIRE EVERYONE

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDawg, on 21 September 2012 - 07:13 PM, said:

It's a damn shame at his supporting cast b/c he really is a great, great player.  Can't give him anything but props.

His supporting cast on Offense is fine, only problem is needing that "2nd" WR to step up and keep defenses from doubling all game..

Good thing he is only a Sophomore.. He'll be a great asset in recruiting with the numbers he'll put up.

Edited by NiKka, 21 September 2012 - 07:17 PM.

Posted Image

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I was impressed with him against texas.Freeze is doing a good job with your offense.It's light years ahead of last year.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Moncrief:
18 receptions  320 yds 3 TDS

Bumphis:
10 reception, 236 yds, 5 TDS

That is all. Carry on.

(7) Ole Miss Rebels  7-1  (4-1)

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostFCNdawg, on 21 September 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Bumphis:
10 reception, 236 yds, 5 TDS

That is all. Carry on.

Bumphis:
6 REC, 180 YDS, 3 TD  vs TROY..................  More than half of his Stats against a cupcake

Moncrief: 7 REC, 144 YARDS,
1TD  vs Texas
Not to mention the 2 TD's (80 yards) called back...

I guess????
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNiKka, on 21 September 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Bumphis:
6 REC, 180 YDS, 3 TD  vs TROY..................  More than half of his Stats against a cupcake

Moncrief: 7 REC, 144 YARDS,
1TD  vs Texas
Not to mention the 2 TD's (80 yards) called back...

I guess????
It should be noted that statistics do not care from whence (yes, I just used that archaic term) they come, rather just their final tally.
Bump has more of what is important, TD's. He is our #1 receiver with TE Green being the preferred #2 receiver, followed by Smith's 140 or so hards, being the 3rd Receiver.

It should also be noted that C. Bump's numbers come while splitting the load with Grandpa Green, who also has 3 TDs.
By your logic, Marcus Green is as good as Moncrief.

Also, wtf has happend to Ja-Mes Logan? I figured he would be the #2 guy for Wallace?
Also am quite disappointed that DA FERB, my friend, hasn't been getting more touches.

- "The worst thing a coach can do is stand pat and think the things that worked yesterday will win tomorrow. Intelligent changes must be made."  - Coach Johnny Vaught

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He made the majority of his stats against Troy and had a terrible game against Auburn.. He is a good player but he is no Donte Moncrief.  Obviously the final tally matters but doing it against good competition when it counts is what makes one a great player...

Y'all have the weakest OOC schedule in the SEC, he should atleast have 600 yards and 8 TD's just against the 4 cupcakes.

From the outside looking in it seems the Bumphis has underachieved so far.. Hopefully he turns it around, I think he has the tools and talent to do so.
Posted Image

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
JaM-es Logan hasn't been seperating on his routes like last year.

Vincent Sanders is starting to make some catches finally..

Korvic Neat and Jamal Mosley have been playing the role of the "2nd" WR
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNiKka, on 21 September 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

He made the majority of his stats against Troy and had a terrible game against Auburn.. He is a good player but he is no Donte Moncrief.  Obviously the final tally matters but doing it against good competition when it counts is what makes one a great player...

Y'all have the weakest OOC schedule in the SEC, he should atleast have 600 yards and 8 TD's just against the 4 cupcakes.

From the outside looking in it seems the Bumphis has underachieved so far.. Hopefully he turns it around, I think he has the tools and talent to do so.
1. Do I really have to bring up that he has played against two pi**-ant teams before going up against a decent team?
2. I agree, the man did well against Texas.
3. Brings me to my reiterated point; stats don't care how theyt were accumulated, just the final tally. Fact: Bump has more TD's than Moncrief. Also a fact, Ole Miss is more dependent on Moncrief, and the man is also the only truly consistent receiver OM has. Bump has split his receptions and TD's with Green, as State's offense is centered around 3 WR's rather than one: Bump, Green, Smith. Last fact: Moncrief has more receptions and yds as he is the only reliable WR OM has.
^Conclusion: Moncrief is a beast and Bump be beastin too.

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
tl;dr
Posted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNiKka, on 22 September 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

tl;dr
Lazy arse.
Wasn't even that long of a post. :trollface:

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
@ @

Going to have to post this, as it is readily apparent to anyone with any reading comprehension skills.

NiKka: Putting homerism aside for just a moment; am I not right about stats not giving a damn how they are accumulated?
BBN4L: If you'll read all of my posts in this thread, you'll see that I haven't once argued who is better than whom, if anyone is better than anyone. You'll see that all I have done is posted the stats, as of pre-yesterday.

Come on now BBN4L, you hang around the future lawyers of America just as much as I do during the week. Surely you can see that I haven't once in this thread argued anyone being better than anyone? You hang around these lawyers enough, you pick up on their mannerisms (careful wording) ya know?

Edited by FCNdawg, 23 September 2012 - 01:01 PM.

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels

OLE MISS BY DAMN!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBlackBearNation4Life, on 23 September 2012 - 01:53 PM, said:

I said if
What you did, it's there and I see it. :trollface:

/semantics lawyer'd

Edited by FCNdawg, 23 September 2012 - 02:01 PM.

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Stats don't make a player good.

Typically, good players get some stats.

D Moncrief is REALLY good.  This coming from an MSU fan.

He was good last year as a true freshman and will be a big weapon for the next two years.