Jump to content

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.


Gruden to Arkansas?

- - - - - Arkansas Razorbacks

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
69 replies to this topic

#31
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,665
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,709

View PostGidnik, on 19 October 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

not a chance in hell. bob stoops will win another bcs game and mack brown will win a national championship before gruden coaches in college

Actually,Gruden would coach college before the other 2 events,but I get what you're saying.None of em are going to happen. :thumbu:

#32
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    14,073
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,016

View PostL.A.Hog, on 19 October 2012 - 09:55 PM, said:

So now you're going to force him on us?We've got enough billboards and smartasses already.
No, I want him to spend a touch more time in Starkville. I'm just saying, you could hire a lot worse.
Posted Image

#33
L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

    Go Hogs,Pilgrim

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    8,665
  • Joined:
    Feb 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,709

View Post1dawgfan09, on 19 October 2012 - 10:02 PM, said:

No, I want him to spend a touch more time in Starkville. I'm just saying, you could hire a lot worse.

Well no doubt,they could hire me.I'd definitely be worse.

We will be lucky to get a decent coach.Petrino fell in our lap the last time.We're screwed.

#34
shamoan

shamoan

    Technique is a crutch for the talentless

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    13,492
  • Joined:
    Jul 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    5,848
lateral move.....arky aint anything special in regards to the sec.....i think dan is primed for the big 10.  sorry hog fans, but you are a part of the bottom half of the sec and most likey always will be.  with our best efforts, we all have a limited ceiling....yours just happens to be a bit higher than ours.  petrino was absolutely yalls best shot at significance and ya blew it by firing a proven winner in a state that isnt exactly known for football (so says the guy from mississippi).  recriting will now get tougher with atm and mizzou and things will level off.......bobbyp=a big dawg that gotta eat and yall snatched his blonde bowl away.  welcome back to the pack.

#35
Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,314
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,549

View PostL.A.Hog, on 19 October 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

Actually,Gruden would coach college before the other 2 events,but I get what you're saying.None of em are going to happen. :thumbu:
well maybe it will. just not for the hogs.
Posted Image

#36
Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,314
  • Joined:
    Aug 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,549

View Postshamoan, on 19 October 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

lateral move.....arky aint anything special in regards to the sec.....i think dan is primed for the big 10.  sorry hog fans, but you are a part of the bottom half of the sec and most likey always will be.  with our best efforts, we all have a limited ceiling....yours just happens to be a bit higher than ours.  petrino was absolutely yalls best shot at significance and ya blew it by firing a proven winner in a state that isnt exactly known for football (so says the guy from mississippi).  recriting will now get tougher with atm and mizzou and things will level off.......bobbyp=a big dawg that gotta eat and yall snatched his blonde bowl away.  welcome back to the pack.
arky really isnt anything special in regards to anything. they lucked out with petrino because nobody else would take him
Posted Image

#37
eastcoastrazorback

eastcoastrazorback

    Gagging Order

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,762
  • Joined:
    Oct 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,340

View Postshamoan, on 19 October 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

lateral move.....arky aint anything special in regards to the sec.....i think dan is primed for the big 10.  sorry hog fans, but you are a part of the bottom half of the sec and most likey always will be.  with our best efforts, we all have a limited ceiling....yours just happens to be a bit higher than ours.  petrino was absolutely yalls best shot at significance and ya blew it by firing a proven winner in a state that isnt exactly known for football (so says the guy from mississippi).  recriting will now get tougher with atm and mizzou and things will level off.......bobbyp=a big dawg that gotta eat and yall snatched his blonde bowl away.  welcome back to the pack.

I won't address the texas queer, but lol at this post.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


#38
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    14,073
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,016

View Posteastcoastrazorback, on 20 October 2012 - 02:26 AM, said:

I won't address the texas queer, but lol at this post.
No bullshit. Arky was never more than a mid pack sec team. I know it's easy to poke fun at State, and ya'll have been way better than us the last several years, but Arky isn't the job some of its fans like to think it is either.
Posted Image

#39
eastcoastrazorback

eastcoastrazorback

    Gagging Order

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    3,762
  • Joined:
    Oct 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    2,340

View Post1dawgfan09, on 20 October 2012 - 07:31 AM, said:

No bullshit. Arky was never more than a mid pack sec team. I know it's easy to poke fun at State, and ya'll have been way better than us the last several years, but Arky isn't the job some of its fans like to think it is either.
We have tremendous financial support, fan support, and facilities.  Forbes just listed Arkansas as the 8th most valuable program in college football.  We were behind Bama, lsu, and UGA in the SEC.  If you'll consider the size of our state compared to the others in the top 10 I think you would say that's quite impressive.  Winning at Arkansas will be tougher than it will be at most schools in the South b/c of our in state talent but our job is one great coach with recruiting ties in Texas and Louisiana away from being a high profile gig.

I don't think it's one of the perennial jobs in the country and the only reason is b/c of the recruiting base, which we as fans can't really control.  Outside of having 7-10 SEC ready kids in the state/year Arkansas has everything a coach could want and then some.  Although, I do appreciate Shamoan and yourself telling us that our job isn't that good and that a move from MSU to Arkansas would be a lateral move, past history, recent history, and the fact that we are a top 25 program in the history of college football seem to disagree with you.

May the bridges I burn light the way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]


#40
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    14,073
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,016

View Posteastcoastrazorback, on 20 October 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

We have tremendous financial support, fan support, and facilities.  Forbes just listed Arkansas as the 8th most valuable program in college football.  We were behind Bama, lsu, and UGA in the SEC.  If you'll consider the size of our state compared to the others in the top 10 I think you would say that's quite impressive.  Winning at Arkansas will be tougher than it will be at most schools in the South b/c of our in state talent but our job is one great coach with recruiting ties in Texas and Louisiana away from being a high profile gig.

I don't think it's one of the perennial jobs in the country and the only reason is b/c of the recruiting base, which we as fans can't really control.  Outside of having 7-10 SEC ready kids in the state/year Arkansas has everything a coach could want and then some.  Although, I do appreciate Shamoan and yourself telling us that our job isn't that good and that a move from MSU to Arkansas would be a lateral move, past history, recent history, and the fact that we are a top 25 program in the history of college football seem to disagree with you.
I meant you absolutely no disrespect. I meant Arkansas no disrespect. But lets look at the pecking order here for a minute.
You don't have the recruiting base or financial support of an Alabama, LSU, Florida, UGA arguably even an Auburn or Texas A&M
You are better than MSU, UT, Ole Miss, UK....the rest of the mid-tier to bottom rung SEC teams.
As far as history goes, when was the last time Arkansas won a NC?
When was the last time Arky won an SEC Champ game, not competed, won?
Bobby P recruited in the thirties and forties, basically ignoring one whole side of the ball. You don't really have the talent to compete with Bama and LSU or UF without a top tier coach at the helm. It's arguable that both Mullen and Nutt (while he was there) pulled in better rated classes than Arkansas did.
ANd you are telling me that with a $185,000,000 and a new Stadium that seats almost 70,000 in a little under a decade that you will still be THAT much more desirable than we are?

I'm sorry, user bias is user bias. Landing Petrino was the perfect storm for ya'll. I fear, not the norm
Posted Image

#41
Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

    'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,045
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,843

View Post1dawgfan09, on 20 October 2012 - 08:23 AM, said:


I meant you absolutely no disrespect. I meant Arkansas no disrespect.
Suuuuuuure you didn't. Must just be me what thunk that.

Quote

ANd you are telling me that with a $185,000,000 and a new Stadium that seats almost 70,000 in a little under a decade that you will still be THAT much more desirable than we are?
Yes.

Quote

I'm sorry, user bias is user bias. Landing Petrino was the perfect storm for ya'll. I fear, not the norm
We'll see. Money talks.

#42
HmanHunt

HmanHunt
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Posts:
    1,694
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    954
Yes.

#43
1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

    Go strong or don't go.....

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Posts:
    14,073
  • Joined:
    Dec 2009
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    6,016
Well, @shamoan, you and I were certainly put in our place. To qoute Rhett Butler:

We "seem to be spoiling everyone's brandy and cigars (smarmy smile) and dreams of victory."

Edited by 1dawgfan09, 20 October 2012 - 09:14 AM.

Posted Image

#44
Squealliam Fatner

Squealliam Fatner

    'Cause I'm Captain Kirk, bitch. That's why...

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Posts:
    5,045
  • Joined:
    Jul 2011
  • Cash:
    0
  • High Fives:
    3,843

View Post1dawgfan09, on 20 October 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

Well, @shamoan, you and I were certainly put in our place. To qoute Rhett Butler:

We "seem to be spoiling everyone's brandy and cigars (smarmy smile) and dreams of victory."
And to quote Doc Holliday," kiss my rebel dick.."

#45
Harry Rex Vonner

Harry Rex Vonner
  • Banned
  • Pip
  • Posts:
    112
  • Joined:
    Oct 2012
  • Cash:
    0
It seems we have an aspirin argument between Devil guy and John Wayne.

Gentlemen, if this disagreement comes to fisticuffs, I will sue the pants off whichever one of you does not contact my firm first. That is, if you contact me first, you are innocent.

This is the law gentlemen.
Representing American Jurisprudence. Friend to strippers and bootleggers.