Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

UGA arrogance

- - - - - Arkansas Razorbacks Georgia Bulldogs

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
148 replies to this topic

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
See, and this is what happens.

Hothotz

Hothotz

Fire Richt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
HERE IT COMES !!!!!!!!!

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostWadeWilson, on 21 August 2012 - 03:01 PM, said:

Says the man bumping the thread.

Disregard my post that was literally seconds after yours, I wasn't gonna post it if you didn't bump the thread. Promise.

I wasn't talking about the continuation of the thread, just the specific discussion that was over and done with and then another mod had to chime in and stoke it back up. There was literally no reason to add another comment on it.

Edited by HobnailedBoots, 21 August 2012 - 03:14 PM.

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
... unlike when someone uses a member's posts in this thread and past threads to conclude and opine there may have been a lack of quality education in his/her lifetime.(quote)

Hey!I'm right here ya know.Geez.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostRed Blackman, on 21 August 2012 - 03:05 PM, said:

I seriously doubt it.

I see. So it would not be out of the ordinary for me to assume you quit school in the 7th grade.

I guess I should have just came out and said that I am superior to him and saved myself the trouble.

Again, no thank you.

I see. I think what we have here is a double standard. Not an uncommon trait among message board participants with titles. It seems to give them a false sense of mportance.  

Or, and this is important, I might not give a damn one way or the other. You probably didn't think of that.

And just so you know, I have an engineering degree from the United States Naval Academy. But go ahead on with the underhanded insinuations if it makes you feel better about yourself. You're very clever....for a Saurian.

Later, Gator.

Not so funny anymore, huh? Always noticed that about Dawg fans... they never had any trouble dishing it out over the years, but they sure can't take it when the tables are turned.

And if you have an engineering degree from The Naval Academy, one would think you could read. And since your degree comes from a place that instills discipline and following the rules, one would think you understand the ability to comply.

That you seem incapable of either suggests that either the Navy ain't what it used to be, like when my grandfather was an electrical engineer on a destroyer. Or, just like with any education or institution, much of what one takes away from the experience is dependent on the individual... and you seem to have taken little away from either.
Posted ImagePosted Image
. _ "Ethos Anthropos Daimon"

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Are you Posted Imageing serious?

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 21 August 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

I wasn't talking about the continuation of the thread, just the specific discussion that was over and done with and then another mod had to chime in and stoke it back up. There was literally no reason to add another comment on it.

Holy sh*t!!! There was a time limit? Well why didn't somebody say something before now?

Just so you know, I haven't ever considered when and what to post according to the D3 standards of message board etiquette, and that habit isn't about to start now.

For the record I wasn't making comments as a staff member, but as a member. We DO still get to talk smack and enjoy the site like regular members, in case you weren't aware of that. Just because there's a staff member label attached to my screenname doesn't mean I have to restrict my contributions or replies to "official" business. I was just continuing the thread in the same fashion it had been going for a half dozen pages or so... it's a trash-talk thread, right?

I didn't come wading into the thread as a staff member to throw my weight around; that aspect of the discussion was already handled quite sufficiently by both Vader and Tider. I didn't threaten anybody or overstep my bounds; I'd have made the exact same comment as a regular member of the board.

The stupidity of challenging staff members isn't some new theory that's being thrown around; it's been a topic at one time or another on this board for the last 6 years, and staff and regular members alike have chimed in on the utter stupidity of it. Everybody knows the rules, and can choose for him/herself whether or not they want to maintain a membership at a site that has them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 21 August 2012 - 03:32 PM, said:

Are you :lanekiffin:ing serious?

Apparently not as serious as you; but I guess that's what you come to expect from somebody who derives his entire sense of self-worth from a message board.
Posted ImagePosted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 21 August 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Holy sh*t!!! There was a time limit? Well why didn't somebody say something before now?

Just so you know, I haven't ever considered when and what to post according to the D3 standards of message board etiquette, and that habit isn't about to start now.

For the record I wasn't making comments as a staff member, but as a member. We DO still get to talk smack and enjoy the site like regular members, in case you weren't aware of that. Just because there's a staff member label attached to my screenname doesn't mean I have to restrict my contributions or replies to "official" business. I was just continuing the thread in the same fashion it had been going for a half dozen pages or so... it's a trash-talk thread, right?

I didn't come wading into the thread as a staff member to throw my weight around; that aspect of the discussion was already handled quite sufficiently by both Vader and Tider.

... and proceeded to immediately stir it back up by making personal insults. You're baiting.

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 21 August 2012 - 03:55 PM, said:

... and proceeded to immediately stir it back up by making personal insults. You're baiting.

I'm baiting? Reread the post at the top of this page, and tell me who's baiting again? I didn't even address or refer to you; YOU addressed/referenced ME.

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 21 August 2012 - 03:12 PM, said:

See, and this is what happens.

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 21 August 2012 - 03:13 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image

HobnailedBoots

HobnailedBoots
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 21 August 2012 - 03:50 PM, said:

Apparently not as serious as you; but I guess that's what you come to expect from somebody who derives his entire sense of self-worth from a message board.

Two years ago you might have dragged me into a personal-insult laced back and forth over this, but I've been around long enough to spot baiting when I see it... and you're baiting.

Red Blackman

Red Blackman

Gumpologist

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostGatorUnvrsty, on 21 August 2012 - 03:30 PM, said:

Not so funny anymore, huh? Always noticed that about Dawg fans... they never had any trouble dishing it out over the years, but they sure can't take it when the tables are turned.

Actually, it's hysterical. You take yourself and your duties here way too seriously. It's a message board, podner. Nothing more.

And if you have an engineering degree from The Naval Academy, one would think you could read. And since your degree comes from a place that instills discipline and following the rules, one would think you understand the ability to comply.

Rules, when applied evenly and fairly, are great. The rules here leave something to be desired....from an enforcement perspective. Your attempt to bait me is a classic example of what I'm talking about. You don't know jack about leadership, holmes.

That you seem incapable of either suggests that either the Navy ain't what it used to be, like when my grandfather was an electrical engineer on a destroyer. Or, just like with any education or institution, much of what one takes away from the experience is dependent on the individual... and you seem to have taken little away from either.

Well, dude, I spent 23 years of my life in defense of your right to think whatever the f uck you wanna think. Go ahead on with your bad self........

Posted Image

jacobp

jacobp

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm just gon' lock dis here mother Posted Imageer up real fast before shit gets real.
Posted Image

GatorUnvrsty

GatorUnvrsty

AdminisGator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostHobnailedBoots, on 21 August 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

Two years ago you might have dragged me into a personal-insult laced back and forth over this, but I've been around long enough to spot baiting when I see it... and you're baiting.

Nobody has EVER had to drag you into anything, D... that you even try that lame ploy sets a new low. I'll be happy to bow out too before I get too honest for SECTalk.
Posted ImagePosted Image