Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Angelo Mirando resigns

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

MullensTaintNectar

MullensTaintNectar

TSUNami

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
"Unforeseen personal problems" hmmmmmmmm

Seems like he was State's 2nd best recruiter behind Melvin.... That's a blow
Posted Image

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNiKka, on 19 August 2012 - 09:33 PM, said:

Not even close. And, no, it isn't a blow. Did you see how crappy our WR play was last year? This is addition by subtraction. On none of the four WR commitments that we have was he the lead recruiter.
I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!

shamoan

shamoan

I am a double-major in sticks and mud.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
hells yeah....awesome news as far as im concerned.  many people were uncomfortable with the hire originally.....he was promoted from grad assistant in '11.  many in our fanbase were uneasy about a key position coach being so wet behind the ears.  i cannot comment on his impact on recruiting other than knowing he certainly isnt our second best recruiter....he was a grad assistant before last year, so i highly doubt that statement.  anyway, thanks to all those rebs out there that keep msu fans abreast of late-breaking news on msu....btw, if hes such a great recruiter, im sure freeze could use a young hot-shot recruiter and coach like mirando coaching-up moncrief....with all his unbounded and in-depth knowledge of sec he has amassed over his lone season, im sure he could really work some magic.  1dawg nailed it....addition by subtraction.
Posted Image

PuddingTime

PuddingTime

Stoops Does Work

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Sounds like something interesting will be leaking out of Starkvegas in the coming months.
Posted Image

bulldawg28

bulldawg28
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostPuddingTime, on 20 August 2012 - 12:20 AM, said:

Sounds like something interesting will be leaking out of Starkvegas in the coming months.

Sure seems that way. Now we can get a real WR coach.

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Real WR coach? How about a real recruiter.

This guy whiffed more than Sam Frost

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

Chris Wilson is by far our best recruiter

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

The only recruit worth anything that he was a primary recruiter on was Will Redmond.  His recruiting area is the Memphis area and north MS.

FIRE EVERYONE

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Damn MSU fans can't even post news about our on team without super Rebels beating us to the punch.

**Obsessed**

FIRE EVERYONE

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
But... regardless..... this is very weird timing coming less than 2 weeks before your first game.  Here are the clues":

1) He stresses "strictly unforeseen personal issues"
2) Weird timing
3) Several media folks have said  it is "not because of a legal issue"
4) He thanks Dan Mullen for "giving him the opportunity"

Take it for what you will.  You'd be stupid to fire a coach in lieu of NCAA issues because that'd be essentially admitting guilt from the get-go.  If it's "not a legal issue" like they say, you'd think that would rule out co-ed/Petrino effect.  He stressed "unforeseen" and "personal".... and if truthful, doesn't leave much.... family problems, health.... what else?  Anyone got any guesses.

Whatever it is, as long as it doesn't effect us from an NCAA standpoint, I'm good.  It shouldn't effect any WR commits... seeing as he wasn't the recruiter on any of them... just their young, inexperienced to-be position coach.  This isn't a Manny Diaz or Mark Hudspeth leaving.

Let me stress that this is strictly hypothetical and speculation... but I think it's possible he got the axe.  Announcing a resignation (other than timing) doesn't put his future career opportunities in too much jeopardy compared to being "let go" or fired.  The dude had been "reprimanded" several, several times for minor NCAA violations such as mentioning a recruit by name and such... and it's pretty common knowledge that he is out and about alot in the Starkville night-life, according to students.  I'm thinking a tipping point was reached and he was asked to leave.  Again.... this is just my speculation and theory.

Interested to see what comes of this.

FIRE EVERYONE

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
We don't need to speculate about what we don't know, life changes happen and it's none of our business.

1.  We run this state

2.  This is our state

3.  We are M State

That is all

BatesvilleBaron

BatesvilleBaron
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Oh and Nikka, you blow worse than TSUN's team full of walk on's and JC rejects.  Why don't you just cheer for your own teams running back who's the best in the nation and a pair of 5 star chodes at DE instead of stirring the pot when something incredibly minor happens at the flagship university

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBatesvilleBaron, on 20 August 2012 - 09:44 AM, said:

We don't need to speculate about what we don't know, life changes happen and it's none of our business.

1.  We run this state

2.  This is our state

3.  We are M State

That is all

Indeed..... I was just saying what everyone else wants to.  It'll come out eventually... it always does.

FIRE EVERYONE

JDawg

JDawg

I'm from the LANDMASS

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Rumor on the pack is inappropriate relationship with female student.... yall know how strict MSU is about that after Richard Williams.

FIRE EVERYONE

1dawgfan09

1dawgfan09

Go strong or don't go.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostJDawg, on 20 August 2012 - 10:15 AM, said:

Rumor on the pack is inappropriate relationship with female student.... yall know how strict MSU is about that after Richard Williams.

That's understandable really. We make it very clear that you don't fish off of MSU's dock if you work here. But, hey, he's 30, likes to party, surrounded by coeds......I can see it.
I'm certain the national media is relieved. They can kiss State's ass and go back to the old "Ole Miss is Waycist" narrative. Meanwhile I hope Gameday has fun in Morgantown. Look out for burning couches!