2012-13 SECTalk Football Pick 'Ems Contests (SEC/NCAA and NFL) - SEC Football Talk - SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

2012-13 SECTalk Football Pick 'Ems Contests (SEC/NCAA and NFL)

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
SECTalk.com will host three football pick 'em contests for 2012-2013:

-2012 SEC/NCAA Football (including Conference Championship games)
-2012-13 NFL (including Playoffs)
-2012-13 College Football Bowl Season

All games have been submitted for the 2012 SEC/NCAA Football Regular Season and 2012-13 NFL pick ‘ems, with a couple of exceptions.   Obviously, the SEC/Other Conference Championship Games and the NFL Playoff Games cannot be entered until the matchups are known towards the end of the season.

In addition to SEC matchups during the regular season, I tried to select several other intriguing games each week involving non-SEC teams.  My goal was to provide at least 15 games each week to pick.  

This is not a spread based contest.  You simply pick the winner of each game.  You can get to the Pick 'Ems by clicking the link below or using the Pick 'Ems tab at the top of the page.   Make sure when you make your picks, you remember to click “Submit Picks” at the bottom of the week’s pick ‘ems.   If you want to make changes to your picks prior to the week’s pick ‘ems closing, you can make changes and click “Submit Picks” again, and it keeps your latest changes in the system.  

In the past, on several occasions, I’ve had people tell me that they forgot to make their picks after the pick ‘ems closed and asked me to make their picks for them.  I CANNOT make your picks for you.  So, make sure to get them in prior to closing.  One thing I do (and recommend you do the same) is make several week’s picks in advance to make sure I don’t miss a week.  After all, you can still go back and make changes right up until closing, even if you’ve already entered your picks.

The one big change and improvement over the last Pick 'Ems system we used is that each game has it's own individual closing time.  Obviously, many (and most) games do not have a scheduled start time as of yet.  So, I set the closing time for unknown starting times as 12:00 Eastern on the Saturday that they are scheduled since that is the earliest the game should start.  As each week gets closer, we will try to enter the exact starting time when it is announced so that you have ample time to enter your pick.

Picking Schedule

Since Thursday night games are televised, I included a Thursday night game for almost every week in the SEC/NCAA Pick 'Ems.  Make sure to make the pick for those Thursday night games prior to kick-off.

The same holds true for NFL picks.  Most weeks include a Thursday night game (and a Wednesday night game for the 1st week).

The bottom line is that it's up to you to keep up and get your picks in before closing,

Participation

Any registered user may register in any and all contests. However, only members with 100 or more posts will be eligible for any prizes that may be offered. Furthermore, ties for prizes will be broken by post count.

Prizes

Prize info is as follows:  SECTalk will award the winner of both the SEC/NCAA pick 'ems and the NFL pick 'ems $50 each in fan gear from our fan shop as the prize.  Any prize for the Bowl pick 'ems will be announced at a later date.

The College Football Bowl Season Pick ‘Ems will be announced in this thread when the time comes.

If you have any questions regarding the contest, feel free to contact me or Benny.

And make sure to let Benny know how much you appreciate his effort on getting the Pick 'Ems up and running on the site. He did all the programming (from scratch) to make this work.

Thanks for reading, and good luck to everyone.

http://www.sectalk.c...php?app=pickems

Edited by Benny, 20 November 2012 - 03:46 PM.

2014 Football (0-0, 0-0)
8/28/14 Texas A&M; 9/6/14 East Carolina; 9/13/14 Georgia; 9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

2013-14 Basketball (14-20, 5-13)

SheLuvsBama

SheLuvsBama

Take the highway to the end of the night

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Making SECTalk even more fun! Thanks!
Posted Image

GAMECOCK_FAN

GAMECOCK_FAN
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also, I refused to add any games involving Penn State in the Pick 'Ems.  Just reading anything involving Penn State nauseates/infuriates me, and I couldn't bring myself to include them.

Edited by GAMECOCK_FAN, 17 July 2012 - 09:55 AM.

2014 Football (0-0, 0-0)
8/28/14 Texas A&M; 9/6/14 East Carolina; 9/13/14 Georgia; 9/20/14 at Vanderbilt; 9/27/14 Missouri; 10/4/14 at Kentucky; 10/18/14 Furman; 10/25/14 at Auburn; 11/1/14 Tennessee; 11/15/14 at Florida; 11/22/14 South Alabama; 11/29/14 at Clemson

2014 Baseball (44-18, 18-12)

2013-14 Basketball (14-20, 5-13)

SBV1971

SBV1971

M-I-Z-S-E-C. Forever.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks Benny & GAMECOCK_FAN for setting this up. Look forward to this! :thumbu:
Posted Image

Georgiaboy2012

Georgiaboy2012
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Really excited to start this. And thank both of you so much for setting it all up. It is well appreciated

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Thanks to @GAMECOCK_FAN for getting all the games entered. It's like 500 total games.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve on the system, feel free to let me know that as well.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
When I open up anything past week one in both the sec and nfl pick ems I have a problem. I get a message that says this, Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/sectalk/public_html/board/secretsociety/applications_addon/other/pickems/extensions/coreExtensions.php on line 761. It is repeated 20 times above the banner at the top of sectalk. It is annoying and I have to scroll pretty far down to where I can actually see the picks.
Posted Image

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I just saw that too. It's because no picks have been entered for that week. I'll fix that. But once you enter your picks, it should go away anyway.

Mizzou_Fan

Mizzou_Fan
  • Moderators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBenny, on 17 July 2012 - 12:03 PM, said:

I just saw that too. It's because no picks have been entered for that week. I'll fix that. But once you enter your picks, it should go away anyway.
You're right after I made my picks it went away. Anyways thanks Benny and Gamecock_Fan for all the hard work.
Posted Image

Georgiaboy2012

Georgiaboy2012
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Do I have to use the full version of the site to pull them up or can I use the mobile version?

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostMizzou_Fan, on 17 July 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

You're right after I made my picks it went away. Anyways thanks Benny and Gamecock_Fan for all the hard work.

Fixed

View PostGeorgiaboy2012, on 17 July 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

Do I have to use the full version of the site to pull them up or can I use the mobile version?

I don't think it will work with the mobile version because I haven't configured it.. but you can try it.

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
There's bound to be other errors, just report them and I'll get em fixed.

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Also added a Pick 'Ems tab to the top of the site for easy access.

CrimsonWarrior

CrimsonWarrior

Auburn sucks

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Are we doing the vcash thing too or no?
Posted Image

Benny

Benny

Mike Slive, Jr.

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostCrimsonWarrior, on 17 July 2012 - 01:43 PM, said:

Are we doing the vcash thing too or no?

Yeah. But those won't be added until a week or so before the games since we need updated spreads and most won't be available for awhile.