Obama to business owners: 'You didn't build that' - Page 2 - Think Tank - SECTalk.com - Page 2

Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Obama to business owners: 'You didn't build that'

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
209 replies to this topic

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostVader, on 16 July 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

In his defense he's never run a business or even worked a real job a day in his life. Hard to expect somebody to have a grasp on something when they've never actually been exposed to it.
But he didn't have a silver spoon !!!! :rolleyes:
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

Dawgy_Style

Dawgy_Style
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 16 July 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Four more years!

[media=''][/media]

bmccall, on 17 July 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Our phenominal fan base and support is our tradition. Unfortunately winning isnt.

Alabama claims the 1941 season as a national championship, even though they finished the season with a 9-2 record, including losses to Mississippi State and Vanderbilt, and were ranked #20 in the final AP poll.

I rape and pillage your village, women and children - Jay Z, Obama's BFF

Posted Image

“Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets.” -Ron Paul

L.A.Hog

L.A.Hog

Go Hogs,Pilgrim

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
High quality hate up in hur.

CrimsoNation713

CrimsoNation713

I'm an angel in an earth suit

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostL.A.Hog, on 16 July 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

High quality hate up in hur.
Its BEN comin'.....bahahaha

carry on....
"Whenever I see those crimson jerseys and crimson helmets, I feel humbled to have played football for Alabama. Other players in the NFL talk to me about their schools and their traditions. I just smile knowing the immense love Alabama fans have for our school and its football program. I'm proud to be a part of that Crimson Tide heritage."

-- Derrick Thomas

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
If there is any question from anybody that Romney is just "Obama-Lite"; this should settle it.

Obama has abandoned any pretense of "reaching out".

He has made the decision to fire up the base, thinking that will be enough to win re-election.

He is showing disdain for entrepreneurship. He is showing his true colors & affirming what many of us felt that we already knew - he has a fundamental belief that the "rich" just got lucky or stepped on someone to get successful. AND that without some help from the government. nobody would ever have a chance to "make it".

And then there is what conservatives believe. The power of the government is something that is granted by the will of the people.

There is a fundamental "core belief" difference between the two men.

Barry needs to be sent packing, if for no other reason but to demonstrate that high office cannot be won by pandering to the extreme left.
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 16 July 2012 - 03:23 PM, said:

Four more years!
We are all truly fked if that is true. Which i dont believe it is. Obama is sinking fast even though many Obama loyalists will still vote for him regarless what says or does many people have wised up and realized we are on the road to Greece.

Posted ImagePosted Image

ForwardRebels

ForwardRebels
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostBooger, on 16 July 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I hate that son of a bitch.
I was talking to some coworkers on the last hour of work today about the upcoming election. As we were discussing it, it occurred to me:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
What I cannot fathom is how there is anyone who still supports this idiot. We've got the worst economy since the 30's and they think a guy who's got less business experience than the manager at their local McDonald's is the answer.

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostVader, on 16 July 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

What I cannot fathom is how there is anyone who still supports this idiot. We've got the worst economy since the 30's and they think a guy who's got less business experience than the manager at their local McDonald's is the answer.

It's because we tried your side's plan and it drove us into the ditch to start with. Further greasing the rich won't do s**t, they'll just sit on the $$. The only thing that will get the economy going again is if the middle class has some spending money. That's the only way these sainted 'job creators' will grace us with their benevolence
Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostVader, on 16 July 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

In his defense he's never run a business or even worked a real job a day in his life. Hard to expect somebody to have a grasp on something when they've never actually been exposed to it.

Worked a real job... This sh!t again? *smh* Just because you couldn't hack teaching doesn't mean it isn't a real job. And it's a hell of a more noble occupation than investing other people's money into companies before you rip them up and send their jobs overseas.
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
After hearing that i think im going to vote to get this guy out if Ron Paul isnt a viable candidate.  I might not like it but  damn if this bastard is going to serve another term while im voting.
"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

AUskip07

AUskip07

Time to make History

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostNextYearIsHere, on 16 July 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Worked a real job... This sh!t again? *smh* Just because you couldn't hack teaching doesn't mean it isn't a real job. And it's a hell of a more noble occupation than investing other people's money into companies before you rip them up and send their jobs overseas.

You know that the sayin is  "if you cant do, Teach"    This is really gonna piss you off  LOL

in response to Obamas people helped you get there.   Also people compete and try to go against you if its not in their best interest. In the end you did it yourself.  Like crabs in the bucket when one tries to rise to the top  people will pull you down.

Edited by AUskip07, 16 July 2012 - 06:01 PM.

"Sometimes you need to decide which mountaintop you want to die on." John Dixon

Posted Image

zartan

zartan

Troll Tide

• Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 16 July 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

After hearing that i think im going to vote to get this guy out if Ron Paul isnt a viable candidate.  I might not like it but  damn if this bastard is going to serve another term while im voting.

I wasn't aware that you had personal control over 50 or 60 electoral votes by yourself. Do the Koch brothers know about this?
Posted Image

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 16 July 2012 - 05:46 PM, said:

It's because we tried your side's plan and it drove us into the ditch to start with. Further greasing the rich won't do s**t, they'll just sit on the $$. The only thing that will get the economy going again is if the middle class has some spending money. That's the only way these sainted 'job creators' will grace us with their benevolence

I really pity you sometimes. "My side's plan" had nothing to do with driving anything into any ditch. Here.... read and learn....

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are government-sponsored enterprises (GSE) that purchase mortgages, buy and sell mortgage-backed securities (MBS), and guarantee nearly half of the mortgages in the U.S.[dubiousdiscuss] A variety of political and competitive pressures resulted in the GSE taking on additional risk, beginning in the mid-1990s and continuing throughout the crisis and their government takeover in September, 2008.[36][37]
HUD loosened mortgage restrictions in the mid-1990s so first-time buyers could qualify for loans that they could never get before.[38] In 1995, the GSE began receiving affordable housing credit for purchasing mortgage backed securities which included loans to low income borrowers. This resulted in the agencies purchasing subprime securities.[39] In 1996, HUD directed Freddie and Fannie to provide at least 42% of their mortgage financing to borrowers with income below the median in their area. This target was increased to 50% in 2000 and 52% in 2005. In addition, HUD required Freddie and Fannie to provide 12% of their portfolio to “special affordable” loans. Those are loans to borrowers with less than 60% of their area’s median income. These targets increased over the years, with a 2008 target of 28%.[40]
In 2004, HUD ignored warnings from HUD researchers about foreclosures, and increased the affordable housing goal from 50% to 56%.
In addition to political pressure to expand purchases of higher-risk mortgage types, the GSE were also under significant competitive pressure from large investment banks and mortgage lenders. For example, Fannie's market share of subprime mortgage-backed securities issued dropped from a peak of 44% in 2003 to 22% in 2005, before rising to 33% in 2007.[41]
In the early 2000s (decade), Fannie Mae aggressively bought Alt-A securities, where these loans may require little or no documentation of a borrower’s finances. In the early 1990s Fannie Mae had abandoned Alt-A products because of their high risk of default. As of November 2007 Fannie Mae held a total of $55.9 billion of subprime securities and $324.7 billion of Alt-A securities in their portfolio.[42] As of the 2008Q2 Freddie Mac had $190 billion in Alt-A mortgages. Together they have over $500 billion in Alt-A mortgages

Guess who was behind virtually all of these moves that created the housing bubble which is what brought the economy crashing down?

Posted Image

NextYearIsHere

NextYearIsHere
  • Members
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View PostAUskip07, on 16 July 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

You know that the sayin is  "if you cant do, Teach"    This is really gonna piss you off  LOL

in response to Obamas people helped you get there.   Also people compete and try to go against you if its not in their best interest. In the end you did it yourself.  Like crabs in the bucket when one tries to rise to the top  people will pull you down.

Posted Image

I could give you a proper rebuttal of how dumb that saying is or of how many people were great at teaching because that was their calling, not a fall-back, but I think I'll stick with this photo. I guess you can have it all and teach others as well
Posted Image

You have received an infraction at SECTalk Forums.
Reason: Inappropriate Language and Going Off The Deep End ~ GAMECOCK_FAN

Just another ho hum racial and political day on SECTalk, nothing to see here. ~ Tider27

Best Rivalry on SECTalk? "NYIH vs everybody else in the Political Forum..." ~ DELTOR