Welcome to SECTalk.com

Welcome to SECTalk.com -- The Home of 6 Straight National Titles!

You are currently accessing our site as a guest which means you can't access all of our features such as social groups, sports betting, and many more. By joining our free community you will have access to all of these great features as well as to participating in our forums, contacting other members, and much more. Registration only takes a minute and SECTalk.com is absolutely free, so please join today!

If you have any problems registering or signing in, please contact us.

Obama to business owners: 'You didn't build that'

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
212 replies to this topic

dcbl

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
At least he is being honest. Showing his contempt for people that work hard, build businesses and hire people.

This a$$clown REALLY has to go...

Obama to business owners: 'You didn't build that'

President Obama, in a speech to supporters, suggested business owners owe their success to government investment in infrastructure and other projects -- saying “if you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that.”

“If you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there.  It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

“If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business, you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen,” he said. “The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.”
They don't think it be like it is, but it do!

Posted Image

Gidnik

Gidnik
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Shameful
Posted Image

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
brb- taxing the shit out of you so we can pay teachers and fix roads

brb- acting like I just gave you all that stuff for free

I'd say people who have a successfull business(that started it from scratch) became successful in spite of government involvement, not because of it

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
How dare he. Everyone knows that every red-blooded, gun-toting American man took hold of his own destiny and made his own luck. Cowboy style

cocky4ever

cocky4ever
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postzartan, on 16 July 2012 - 12:39 PM, said:

How dare he. Everyone knows that every red-blooded, gun-toting American man took hold of his own destiny and made his own luck. Cowboy style

Play the victim and you'll be the victim.

Booger

Booger

Gump Humper

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I hate that son of a bitch.
When it's 3rd and 10, we shuffle out our secret weapon... he's the only person we ever want calling the next play... some call him the twelfth man.... we call him the whiskey drinker...

The Playmaker

The Playmaker

Hold My Beer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I'm not surprised...
Posted Image

nova

nova

Intergalactic planetary bulldawg!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Well we all know infrastructure is the primary driver of business growth. That's why all these industrial parks we have in the south are virtually empty right?

Haymaker

Haymaker
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
if it werent for neighborhoods needing leadership, we wouldnt have Obama

dawgbit

dawgbit

"Liberty isn't a loophole."--nova

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:

View Postcocky4ever, on 16 July 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

...people who have a successfull business(that started it from scratch) became successful in spite of government involvement, not because of it

QF :lanekiffin: T

Dawgfan4life24

Dawgfan4life24
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
This guy is pathetic. I cant wait for November. If i see his lying ass one time before i die it will be one time too many. Complete fktard running the country right now. Actually hes not running the country, hes running around the country begging for another chance after a pittyful first campaign

Posted Image

Georgia Bulldogs 8-2 (6-2)

Posted Image

zartan

zartan
  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
Four more years!

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

KneesInTheBreeze

• Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
He's  a George Soros puppet.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sometimes mistaken for the Legendary Geaux

xiv

xiv
  • Members
  • PipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
I get the feeling that some people want to start a new Bolshevik Revolution.  The problem is that the Bolsheviks, regardless of what we think of their political views, were mean, hungry, motivated, and smarter than they were given credit for.  If an American Bolshevik Revolution is that for which some hope, the American Bolsheviks are some of the most whiny-ass, bitch-ass, punk-ass, lazy-ass, fat-ass, unmotivated people who are not nearly as smart as they give themselves credit for; they can't even grip for a manly handshake much less take a first-world country over by force.

Edited by xiv, 16 July 2012 - 04:04 PM.

Darth Vader

Darth Vader

Dark Lord of the Sith

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Cash:
  • High Fives:
In his defense he's never run a business or even worked a real job a day in his life. Hard to expect somebody to have a grasp on something when they've never actually been exposed to it.
Posted Image